Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Breakup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Siamanto
    karoaper,
    I agree with everything you have said, except for one "detail!" How can you give only two days for such a decision? Keep in mind that the Human Reason is a very adaptive substance and people get used - i.e. adapt - to new or foreign ideas in time. You can't save - or build - a relationship with (an) ultimatum(s). For me two days equates to an ultimatum.
    Siamanto, you're obviously a poet at heart , while I'm a realist, which really means I'm a plumber.

Comment

Achkerov kute.

Comment

Karoaper, I never said that he should put aside his family and traditions. In fact, I clearly stated that I respect his decision as much as it hurt me, and that I didnt want him to fall away from them because they are part of the main reason why I fell in love with him. One time, he even stated to me that he wished he was not armenian. I got angry and asked him how he could say something like that because of what Armenia has to offer, what a great nationality he has and that he should be proud of his culture and backround. I even stated that armenians do belong with other armenians. I understand the desire with preserving your culture, I never said otherwise.

In fact, I think the world needs more people like armenians. Thats the honest truth.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
          Siamanto, you're obviously a poet at heart , while I'm a realist, which really means I'm a plumber.
          I wouldn't agree with you on the choice of words. I wouldn't call your approach as "realist."

To illustrate my idea, I will give an example that is totally unrelated to emotions, namely Portfolio Management. Rotating funds from one sector/stock - or "project" - to another is always done in an incremental and gradual manner. Abrupt movements/decisions are considered of high risk; a gradual sector rotation - or fund redistribution - is a well known and realistic hedging mechanism.
          Furthermore, such drastic measures can become source of price volatility and destabilize artificially.
          Stock Traders also use similar techniques when establishing a position - short or long.

PS. Thank you for the compliment!
          Last edited by Siamanto; 06-12-2005, 09:35 PM.
          What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Siamanto
            I wouldn't agree with you on the choice of words. I wouldn't call your approach as "realist."

To illustrate my idea, I will give an example that is totally unrelated to emotions, namely Portfolio Management. Rotating funds from one sector/stock - or "project" - to another is always done in an incremental and gradual manner. Abrupt movements/decisions are considered of high risk; a gradual sector rotation - or fund redistribution - is a well known and realistic hedging mechanism.
            Furthermore, such drastic measures can become source of price volatility and destabilize artificially.
            Stock Traders also use similar techniques when establishing a position - short or long.

PS. Thank you for the compliment!

You're welcome. I agree that ultimatums or abrupt decisions are not compatible with the issues concerning human relationships and I suppose 2 days is too short. However, at some point a hard line in the sand must be drawn. Otherwise, SadEyes could be having a on-off relationship with Levon for another year never progressing ahead. I've seen it happen with many other people. That's what I think must be avoided. Whether it's 2 days or a week or a month, there must come an end to toying of human emotions and path to healing (if that's the inevitable path) must be taken.

And Sad Eyes, I didn't mean to make my post cold and calculating and I'm impressed you understand Levon's side. Also, out of sheer absentmindedness I forgot to say that I feel for you and I'm very sorry you're going through such a heartache. It truely does suck. I'm sure you'll come out of it stronger and wiser and better.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
              Sad Eyes,
              While your love for Levon and his love for you might very strong, the duty he feels to his family (especially as an Armenian) or the duty he feels to his ethnicity cannot be downplayed or ignored. Hie family's unacceptance of you is not based on racism but on self-preservation of our tiny tribe. After all, we (Armenians) are only 7+ million on this green planet or ours. However, finding a true soulmate is such a lucky thing that it can't be thrown away and IMO it comes before all else. So if you both honestly believe you're each other soulmates, then you must stay together. But if Levon finds that his duty to his family and/or his duty to his people is stronger than your love, then I think the best thing for you is just forget him and really stop any contact with him. If I was in a similar situation, I'd ask the person to make a decision (give him a couple of days). After that, the best thing to do would be to go in whatever direction it takes you and not look back. Life's too short for spending it looking back and wallowing in uncertain decisions.
              If that's the case, then why did he go out with anyone outside his race? I hear this all the time, "only marry any Armenian", "we need to save our race". Blah Blah Blah, whatever!!! But do you guys not realize that other races are people too and they have feelings? How could you get so close with them, so close that they would talk about having kids, then BAM, its over Only because they aren't Armenian??? Come on now, that guy needs help and a mind of his own. I'm very sorry Sad Eyes, I'm sure his a great guy. But guy's like him get me so mad. If he didn't want to spend the rest of his life with someone that wasn't Armenian, then why would he get so close to you? I was afrad that he was going to hurt you like this.

From what I see from your posts, your a great person and don't need all this drama.

Comment

His problem isnt because I am not armenian. Although he claims that I am very close to an armenian girl, I know that this could never be simply because armenian blood does not course its way through my vains. It is because of two reasons...one, his mothers wish before she passed away that he was to be married to a certain girl, and two, that I have been with other armenian men. That I had my virginity stolen/lost (too complicated story for me to share) by an armenian man, and that they would mock him and his father if we were to marry. So the only other option, in his point of view was to move away, but he couldent leave his father.

He once told me that I was the kind of girl everyone would fall in love with.........

But what I noticed now, looking back at all my relationships (non armenians included), is that I am the kind of girl that is good enough for the present. Present love, present sex, present fun, present present present, never future, nothing....I am the kind of girl that is good enough for dating but not marrying. And yet, all I have heard about from armenians since I started dating them is how I would make an excellent wife, even for them. I cook, I clean, I am quiet and reserved and yet friendly and open to my significant other and close friends only. I love children. I read, I dont drink, I sew, I am very family orintated, I can make anyone laugh, I am a listener, genuwine, a thinker, big heart, I stay true to myself and that I am faithful. Everyone who meets me likes me, not to sound consited, as I am so far from thinking highly of myself, but they all say that there friends, thier parents or whomever is connected to me really likes me. So I have all the qualities but what stops it all now is the fact that I am not a virgin. Which dont get me wrong, I 100% support and cant stress enough how important it is for a young woman to remain a virigin until marriage.

I drive myself mad sometimes questioning.......Why am I not good enough?

His reply? You are good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by sad_eyes
                  Although he claims that I am very close to an armenian girl.
                  In that you like being treated like a doormat?

I know that this could never be simply because armenian blood does not course its way through my vains. It is because of two reasons...one, his mothers wish before she passed away that he was to be married to a certain girl, and two, that I have been with other armenian men. That I had my virginity stolen/lost (too complicated story for me to share) by an armenian man, and that they would mock him and his father if we were to marry. So the only other option, in his point of view was to move away, but he couldent leave his father. .
                  That is just so pathetic it doesn't merit a response. Dark-age ROA Armenians, even more bigoted and self-oppressed that their Muslim neighbours they think they are oh-so-superior to.

But what I noticed now, looking back at all my relationships (non armenians included), is that I am the kind of girl that is good enough for the present. Present love, present sex, present fun, present present present, never future, nothing....I am the kind of girl that is good enough for dating but not marrying. And yet, all I have heard about from armenians since I started dating them is how I would make an excellent wife, even for them. I cook, I clean, I am quiet and reserved and yet friendly and open to my significant other and close friends only. I love children. I read, I dont drink, I sew, I am very family orintated, I can make anyone laugh, I am a listener, genuwine, a thinker, big heart, I stay true to myself and that I am faithful. Everyone who meets me likes me, not to sound consited, as I am so far from thinking highly of myself, but they all say that there friends, thier parents or whomever is connected to me really likes me.
                  Sounds just like more "doormatting" to me. Stop being the doormat, something that anyone can briefly step upon - and start being the actual door, something that only the deserving can request entrance through.

So I have all the qualities but what stops it all now is the fact that I am not a virgin. Which dont get me wrong, I 100% support and cant stress enough how important it is for a young woman to remain a virigin until marriage.
                  Why - in order to satisfy the "tastes" of some jerk like this Levon person?
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraHye
                    If that's the case, then why did he go out with anyone outside his race?
                    For the reason I mentioned earlier. To put it more bluntly - he probably wanted to xxxx around with a non-Armenian for a bit (while still keeping all his "principles" about virginity intact since she was only some odar), before returning to the call of his family and its pathetic values.

Originally posted by ExtraHye
                    I hear this all the time, "only marry any Armenian", "we need to save our race". Blah Blah Blah, whatever!!! But do you guys not realize that other races are people too and they have feelings?
                    If two people are truly in love then the only race they are, and are concerned with, is themselves. They are a nation of two.
                    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

If he can't be his own man, do you really want to be with him.

Comment

Working...
                      X