Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Breakup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And would he have stayed with you for two years if you WERE a virgin? Don't think so.... When it's time to get serious, all of a sudden everyone wants a virgin. Screw him, get over it, move on, and don't stay friends, it's not healthy!

~Adam Corolla

Comment

It's hypocritical as well, obviously no guy wants a xxxx but if hes done the dirty deed, maybe more then once, how can he be like that. wierd.

Comment

Are you emplying something, dstyle?

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
          You're welcome. I agree that ultimatums or abrupt decisions are not compatible with the issues concerning human relationships and I suppose 2 days is too short. However, at some point a hard line in the sand must be drawn. Otherwise, SadEyes could be having a on-off relationship with Levon for another year never progressing ahead. I've seen it happen with many other people. That's what I think must be avoided. Whether it's 2 days or a week or a month, there must come an end to toying of human emotions and path to healing (if that's the inevitable path) must be taken.
          Of course, I'm not saying that someone should eternally try; but, hopefully, more than 2 days!
          I believe that we understand each other!
          What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Siamanto
            Of course, I'm not saying that someone should eternally try; but, hopefully, more than 2 days!
            I believe that we understand each other!
            Well, you know I've lived in US 8 years now and I'm getting used to the fast-food culture. Gotta be snappy. Things to do, people to see. I don't have all week to wait WOMAN. lol jk We do kuro jan.

Comment

Originally posted by CatWoman
              And would he have stayed with you for two years if you WERE a virgin? Don't think so.... When it's time to get serious, all of a sudden everyone wants a virgin. Screw him, get over it, move on, and don't stay friends, it's not healthy!

~Adam Corolla
              exactly - good point. The hypocrisy of this requirement for the female to be a virgin while the male can do as he wishes is a remnemt of female oppression and unequal treatment that should be an immeditate warning sign to you gals to run the other way as fast as you can.

"Property" - Todd Rundgren

I'll be your fantasy, but I won't be your property
              Love you eternally, but I'll never be your property
              Love from me's not guaranteed
              Just because you think I'm property
              I can love you totally and still not be your property

Every girl and boy wants to grow up to be loved someday
              And you can't wait to give your heart away
              But it's like worship in their eyes walking down the aisle
              When you slip on that ring, they start to treat you like a thing, yeah

I call it slavery when you call someone your property
              Don't waste your vanity, I will never be your property

Something wonderful happens when people fall in love
              Your happiness is all they're thinking of
              But it's like "anything you say" 'til the wedding day
              When they get it in ink, they start to tell you what to think, yeah

Darkest day in history when someone invented property
              Cause of our misery is the constant lust for property

Since god began it, we've been dividing up the planet
              When you see something you want it
              You've got to put your name tag on it
              And we go on carving, meanwhile half the world is starving
              It's a crime .. hands off what is mine!

Take all you can 'til you slam on the parking brake
              And you need space to make your own mistakes
              But it's like "I won't hold you back" 'til the bags are packed
              Then they're struttin' about like they own you inside out

I call it slavery (you can't make me a slave),
              when you call someone your property
              Don't waste your vanity (don't be so vain),
              I will never be your property
              Darkest day in history (why did you have to do a thing like that)
              when someone invented property
              Cause of our misery (misery, misery)
              is the constant lust for property

Comment

Just agreeing with catwoman

Comment

Originally posted by winoman
                  exactly - good point. The hypocrisy of this requirement for the female to be a virgin while the male can do as he wishes is a remnemt of female oppression and unequal treatment that should be an immeditate warning sign to you gals to run the other way as fast as you can.

"Property" - Todd Rundgren

I'll be your fantasy, but I won't be your property
                  Love you eternally, but I'll never be your property
                  Love from me's not guaranteed
                  Just because you think I'm property
                  I can love you totally and still not be your property
                  This virginity thing has nothing to do with possession of property, it is to do with insecurity.

IMHO you and this Levon person are just two sides of the same coin. For him it important for a woman to be a virgin because in his mind he is thinking "if she has had sex with men in the past then she will do it with other men after we are married". For you, virginity in a woman is unimportant becase you are thinking "if she has had sex with men in the past then there is a good chance she might do it with me".

Another unsolvable problem for SadEyes will be that a guy as insecure as Levon will have an absolutely certain belief that her previous Armenian boyfriend, being Armenian, will be thinking "well, you might have married her - but I had her before you did, ha ha!" For Levon, that prospect will be impossible to live with - it will be such a stain on his and his family's "honour".

---------------------

Virginity is important, but only in an abstract way.
                  To quote another song's lyrics:

I was beat, incomplete
                  I'd been had, I was sad and blue
                  But you made me feel
                  Yeah, you made me feel
                  Shiny and new

Like a virgin
                  Touched for the very first time
                  Like a virgin
                  When your heart beats
                  Next to mine
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Levons words: You are not a virgin. "The other armenian guys that you have been with (Artur and Gevorg) would point and laugh at me and my father "saying hahaha, I xxxxed your wife."

I read in your post, and correct me if I am wrong, that you seem to think that virginity is unimportant to me? Again, as I stated in a recent post, virginity is EXTREAMLY important to me. Although I am not a virgin, I strongly strongly strongly earg any young woman to remain that way until marriage. Mine was taken from me and I continued to abuse my body afterwards, it (for me) has done nothing but much trouble, and I find that relationships are often more questionable when having sex.

I told Levon that I cannot change my past. Although the person I was and the person I am today are completely different, I will never be able to erase the actions of my past and there after effects, no matter how sorry and regretful I may be. My body is a part of who I am, and I have to take the flaws of my life with me everywhere. Levon has many flaws too, before he met me, he was a man xxxxx of the city, being with every girl he possibly can (PLEASE do not get offended by the following comment but so has every other armenian guy in this city)but after being with me, he quieted down, he was content and happy, and the feeling was mutual. I know and completely understand your traditions as far as marrying a virgin is concerned, I understand it too well. Actually, Levon despises Artur after what he did to me...but anyway, I have always been one to think that love, real love, is accepting each other wholeheartedly, without limitations, you cant look at someone who you truley love and say I love everything about you except this one thing, no. It doesnt work that way. Love is embraceing thier faults and flaws and loveing them despite of them. Finding the beauty if not in them well their faults as well. No one being on this earth is perfect or without "sin" (sorry but I think loseing your viriginty before marriage is a bad sin) Well, in my opinion anyway. He has so many to count......and the others, they were not ones to talk. They are all married with children and yet they go and xxxx every women they can whenever they can. And yet, they look their eyes upon me and lable me as a xxxxx....and they do not even feel an ounce of remorse for their wrongdoings. Is this just because of the double standered in society today? Anyways, my appologies, I am rambling on. Its an emotional issue for me. Bottom line is this, I am extreamly offended that levon would say such a thing (although I do agree with keeping virginity) because of our relationship, the fact that he is so not a traditional armenian and rarely follows any traditions, and that he himself has been intamite with me, so to speak...He would never use me, that isnt the case here, I cant stress that enough.

Anyways, I do understand that tradition prevails. It IS the honourable thing to do.

Comment

“Tradition prevails”? Where did you get that from?

Comment

Working...
                      X