Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Breakup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did I learn from this thread? I learned that if you are down and are looking for friendly ears
    1- Some will
    - Vilify the most precious person in your life and/or
    - Insinuate that you may have been successfully assuming the role of a sl ut and/or
    - You have no personality or will and have been used and abused and/or
    - You are incapable of judging people and will pretend being better judges of a person they don't know at all; a person that you have known long enough, close enough!
    Of course, it would be done in the name of the noble and just principles of modernism. Yes modernism, that almost antiquated view on life. Modernism, a modern incarnation of narrow mindedness!
    2- Will use the opportunity to talk about themselves and their philosophy of life. Even after the most careful reading you won't see a single line about you!
    3- Some like sad_eyes a lot and would like to see her dump Levon and become available!

To summarize, I have learned that I should never share my feelings and/or details of my personal life with some!

What did you learn? Please share your feelings!
    Last edited by Siamanto; 06-17-2005, 06:17 PM.
    What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
      I don't have all week to wait WOMAN. lol jk We do kuro jan.
      Shall I make you wait? Yes, good things come to those who wait!
      What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

I assumed it would be a good place to talk about my particular problem as you are all armenians and would naturally have an understanding of what was going through my ex's mind.....and I know this is the internet and everything, but I do concider most of you as friends of somesort, so.......I dont know......just looking for advice. Thank you everyone who posted their thoughts. I will hold onto your kindness, wisdom and advice and learn what I can from this. You all have been a big help. If you lived in Canada, I would invite you all over for a barbaque.

Comment

Originally posted by sad_eyes
          Levons words: You are not a virgin. "The other armenian guys that you have been with (Artur and Gevorg) would point and laugh at me and my father "saying hahaha, I xxxxed your wife.".
          He actually said that? It's almost word for word what I postulated he could be thinking. It's slightly disturbing to me that I was so accurate. Wow!

I read in your post, and correct me if I am wrong, that you seem to think that virginity is unimportant to me?
          If you mean my post, how did you get that impression? I think you are giving it too much importance and thus are giving too much allowance to Levon's unresonable attitudes and putting yourself down far too much.

Again, as I stated in a recent post, virginity is EXTREAMLY important to me. Although I am not a virgin, I strongly strongly strongly earg any young woman to remain that way until marriage. Mine was taken from me and I continued to abuse my body afterwards, it (for me) has done nothing but much trouble, and I find that relationships are often more questionable when having sex.
          These are disturbing thoughts for you to be having. Are you a lapsed Catholic some sort of ultra-conservative Catholic family? "Abused your body" - that is an insane thing to be saying if you mean having sex as part of a normal relationship. From my point of view if you have been sleeping with married men in your past then that is not a proper thing to have been doing - but that is nothing to do with virginity. I mean, if you had been "pleasuring" them in some other way that never actually involved full sexual intercourse would it have been OK then in your eyes? (Sorry, I may be getting the married men bit completely wrong, I don't quite understand your words here and aren't sure if you are referring to yourself or just to those other men.)

I told Levon that I cannot change my past. Although the person I was and the person I am today are completely different, I will never be able to erase the actions of my past and there after effects, no matter how sorry and regretful I may be. My body is a part of who I am, and I have to take the flaws of my life with me everywhere. Levon has many flaws too, before he met me, he was a man xxxxx of the city, being with every girl he possibly can (PLEASE do not get offended by the following comment but so has every other armenian guy in this city)but after being with me, he quieted down, he was content and happy, and the feeling was mutual. I know and completely understand your traditions as far as marrying a virgin is concerned, I understand it too well. Actually, Levon despises Artur after what he did to me...but anyway, I have always been one to think that love, real love, is accepting each other wholeheartedly, without limitations, you cant look at someone who you truley love and say I love everything about you except this one thing, no. It doesnt work that way. Love is embraceing thier faults and flaws and loveing them despite of them. Finding the beauty if not in them well their faults as well. No one being on this earth is perfect or without "sin"
          Its true that the past can't bechanged. It's maybe not so true that people can change completely. But there is no point in you being ashamed or regretful about past actions when really they are actions that there is no need for you to be ashamed or regretful about. You seem a fine enough person to me, and you have good reason to be emotionally broken after what has happened, but for some reason you are making for yourself quite a heavy cross to carry.

(sorry but I think loseing your viriginty before marriage is a bad sin) Well, in my opinion anyway.
          You are entitled to your opinions. But is this one doing you good?

He has so many to count......and the others, they were not ones to talk. They are all married with children and yet they go and xxxx every women they can whenever they can. And yet, they look their eyes upon me and lable me as a xxxxx....and they do not even feel an ounce of remorse for their wrongdoings. Is this just because of the double standered in society today?
          its not a case of double standards - its a case of no standards.

Anyways, my appologies, I am rambling on. Its an emotional issue for me. Bottom line is this, I am extreamly offended that levon would say such a thing (although I do agree with keeping virginity) because of our relationship, the fact that he is so not a traditional armenian and rarely follows any traditions, and that he himself has been intamite with me, so to speak...He would never use me, that isnt the case here, I cant stress that enough.
          Followers of traditions are often like criminals and laws: they only break the ones that are advantageous to break.

Anyways, I do understand that tradition prevails. It IS the honourable thing to do.
          But who's tradition? Who makes it a tradition? And why? And tradition has little to do with honour, and is often the furthest thing from honour you can get.
          Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

I assumed it would be a good place to talk about my particular problem as you are all armenians and would naturally have an understanding of what was going through my ex's mind.
            We aren't all Armenians.
            And Levon's mind isn't the same as all Armenians. Maybe he isn't even particularly Armenian (but it isn't my place to say that or in my knowledge to know it.)
            And you and Levon aren't living in Armenia.
            Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

"There was a young man from Stamboul,
              Who soliloquized thus to his tool:
              'You took all my wealth
              And you ruined my health,
              And now you won't pee, you old fool.'"

Comment

Rachel I was looking at the pics from your sister's wedding and you refer to Levon as your boyfriend. Did you guys get back together?
                [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Haha, yes. We did...it was really hard on both of us for us two not to be together. I hate myself for it sometimes, to be honest but being together makes more sence to us than not being together. Taking things slowly with his family, tommorow I am going to make a resume for Levons step mother as she doesnt speak english very well and doesnt know how to make one.

He begged me to take him back, I couldent find it anywhere in my heart to say no....

Comment

I hope he's come to his senses and that he doesn't do the same later down the line.
                    Best of luck.
                    [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by spiral
                      ..And $20 says you'll be back with Levonik by the end of next week!

$$..??

Comment

Working...
                      X