Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

does age matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: does age matter?

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
    You can't totally ignore the age factor.Age does not matter now when you are still young and fresh, but what about, let’s say, in twenty years time, when the man looks younger than the woman, how will you (men) handle it then?
    Make sure she gets plenty of vitamins and exercise.

But in all seriousness, you describe the physical appearance of age on a person as a linear formula. I've seen women in their twenties looking like they are middle aged (stereotypic look that is), and vice versa (this also goes for men too). In all reality, the 4-5 years when the couple is old, is nothing -- I think it would probably be a bigger deal for when the couple is younger if its a big deal that is.

Anoush:

Yeah I pretty much agree with all that. It sounds like you've had some personal observation.

Generalizing of only the age factor
    Oh don't be silly, it wouldn't be the age factor alone -- it would be in combination with the weight factor.

Comment

Originally posted by skhara View Post
      Anoush

Oh don't be silly, it wouldn't be the age factor alone -- it would be in combination with the weight factor.
      Yeah right?

Comment

Originally posted by skhara View Post
        Make sure she gets plenty of vitamins and exercise.
        Really? But I thought you would dump her.

You guys have made life so 'stressful' for women; to look always pretty, fresh and always in a good shape is like a daily grind and quite tiring, plus that steals a lot of time and money from us.
        No but seriously, it just makes us feel better too.

But in all seriousness, you describe the physical appearance of age on a person as a linear formula. I've seen women in their twenties looking like they are middle aged (stereotypic look that is), and vice versa (this also goes for men too). In all reality, the 4-5 years when the couple is old, is nothing -- I think it would probably be a bigger deal for when the couple is younger if its a big deal that is.
        I hear you skhara, I have seen too, women in their twenties who look much older but aren't they in minority??? But I think one of the reasons that some women look much older than their real age could probably be related to the harshness and non-delicacy of their facial and physical features.

Anyways, I still believe that a huge irrational age difference between the couple is not right for some obvious reasons. After all, there needs to be a balance of giving and receiving and a balance of energy between the couple. A good harmony in social, emotional and sexual development levels count as well, in my opinion.
        Last edited by Lucin; 07-17-2007, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post

Anyways, I still believe that a huge irrational age difference between the couple is not right for some obvious reasons. After all, there needs to be a balance of giving and receiving and a balance of energy between the couple. A good harmony in social, emotional and sexual development levels count as well, in my opinion.
          "A good harmony in social, emotional and sexual development levels count as well," This is true when the irrational age difference between the couple exists. That is in general and normally; but there are also exceptions, and they do happen every now and then. Not in all cases; but depending on the nature of the individual some older folks who marry younger folks feel that they could and should pamper the younger lover/spouse and they act with them ever so gingerly and sweetly. Making the younger one feel like a million dollars. Now the younger one may have gotten an older spouse or lover instead; but he/she is now being treated and taken care of wonderfully. That is a different sort of compensation that is to be considered beneficial to the psyche and the overall well being of the younger individual. If the younger one feels that that's what they want and seek for in life.

I have known and observed numerous well suited agewise couples who fought and have abused each other fiercely and all that fighting would eventually make one or both of them sick and would obviously shorten their life. What good is that? Personally I'd much rather be with someone who would look up to me now and then, favour me and talk and treat me with kindness and dignity even if he was much older than me or not so handsome. What counts in life are the good and sane and happy moments you could have together.

Lucin, take this advice if you may from a married woman, me. Go and seek someone who will treat you nice, kindly and will look up to you most of the time. And don't worry about his age nor his looks that much. The only thing that counts in life is your harmonious union with each other and of course, love. I am not talking about only the love of passion that you'll have in the beginning of your union; but the real love that will follow years from now when you find out that how much you like each other and each other's company because you communicate well with each other and because you respect each other's wishes and you are KIND to each other. That's what's important in life my dear cyber new friend, that's the only thing that counts!!!

All the luck in the world to you!!!!

Anoush

P.S. Lucin, after I wrote this post I went later and observed that it was initially Stefy who started the thread and she is the one who asked the question. But nevertheless if you are still single then my answer will be beneficial to everyone, I hope.
          Last edited by Anoush; 07-17-2007, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
            Unfortunately with Armenians though, forget it. All the Armenian guys want is a way younger girls. They would be in their forties and they sometimes want 14, 18, 22 years younger girls... not an older girl/woman.

Some women they age gracefully. Having good skin and a pretty face, sometimes they look 10-15 years younger. So in my opinion it should work.
            I don't know why (some or most of older) men - Armenian or not - "want younger girls," but, regardless, do you think that - relatively to most, not all, older women - younger women have only "good skin and pretty face" to offer i.e. do you think that it's only physical???

"A good harmony in social, emotional and sexual development levels count as well," This is true when the irrational age difference between the couple exists. That is in general and normally; but there are also exceptions, and they do happen every now and then. Not in all cases; but depending on the nature of the individual some older folks who marry younger folks feel that they could and should pamper the younger lover/spouse and they act with them ever so gingerly and sweetly. Making the younger one feel like a million dollars. Now the younger one may have gotten an older spouse or lover instead; but he/she is now being treated and taken care of wonderfully. That is a different sort of compensation that is to be considered beneficial to the psyche and the overall well being of the younger individual. If the younger one feels that that's what they want and seek for in life.
            I agree! However, can it be that some men simply (learn to) appreciate better women but do not necessarily "feel that they could and should pamper the younger lover/spouse?" At least some of them?

I have known and observed numerous well suited agewise couples who fought and have abused each other fiercely and all that fighting would eventually make one or both of them sick and would obviously shorten their life. What good is that? Personally I'd much rather be with someone who would look up to me now and then, favour me and talk and treat me with kindness and dignity even if he was much older than me or not so handsome. What counts in life are the good and sane and happy moments you could have together.

Lucin, take this advice if you may from a married woman, me. Go and seek someone who will treat you nice, kindly and will look up to you most of the time. And don't worry about his age nor his looks that much. The only thing that counts in life is your harmonious union with each other and of course, love. I am not talking about only the love of passion that you'll have in the beginning of your union; but the real love that will follow years from now when you find out that how much you like each other and each other's company because you communicate well with each other and because you respect each other's wishes and you are KIND to each other. That's what's important in life my dear cyber new friend, that's the only thing that counts!!!
            Yes, I agree.
            What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Siamanto View Post
              I don't know why (some or most of older) men - Armenian or not - "want younger girls,"...
              Squeeze a saggy wrinckled 40+ boob and then squeeze a ripe firm 20 something boob ... I think the experiment will clearly illusrate the "why".
              this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Siamanto View Post
                I don't know why (some or most of older) men - Armenian or not - "want younger girls," but, regardless, do you think that - relatively to most, not all, older women - younger women have only "good skin and pretty face" to offer i.e. do you think that it's only physical???
                No of course not. Siamanto, I appreciate your valid comment that the rest of the package is reletavily more important and vital than the outside package. But you know if you'll excuse me saying this Armenian saying; "Deskn el arje hazar nerpov". "The looks are but worth a thousand from what it is within". When as human beings we try to find or seek a mate we mostly tend to search for good looks first then what the person is like. We fall for looks; but then it is up to us to dump them if they don't fit the rest of the package. In short, if they are not wothwile to keep. I guess that's why it's important to overlook so much the looks of the person and try to see the real person hidden under the good or the not so good outlook.

I admit it's hard sometimes to do; but for the sake of one's sanity it is imperative to find out the whole package before getting into a relationship.
                Last edited by Anoush; 07-17-2007, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
                  Squeeze a saggy wrinckled 40+ boob and then squeeze a ripe firm 20 something boob ... I think the experiment will clearly illusrate the "why".
                  You are wrong. Most 40+ women do not have saggy and wrinckled breasts. And how do you figure that your 20 year old will always stay with you? First of all she will usually be much more immature for an older guy, she will want to live her life; because she didn't live her life yet, when the older guy will want to rest and slow down more. Normally she will not be as good a mother than an older 30+ year old woman; because older women are more appreciative and eager to become mothers and look after their babies better, and finally she may astray easier to a younger, fresher guy if they pursue her one day or she may want to look around herself.

Comment

Anoush, I really agree with your reply to Siamanto. As far as your reply to me, I will take your word for it because to be honest, I have never squeezed a 40+ boob (and hopefully I won't for a long long time to come)

Also, hopefully I will never want to rest and slow down but yah, even that I'm sure will change ... FYI, I'm about to hit 31 so I am definitely in danger of going into the "slow down" mode. God I hope not.
                    this post = teh win.

Comment

All one has to do is exercise, eat well and feel as peaceful as one can have. Then you can live longer and productive life.

Comment

Working...
                      X