Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

does age matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: does age matter?

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
    Lucin, take this advice if you may from a married woman, me. Go and seek someone who will treat you nice, kindly and will look up to you most of the time. And don't worry about his age nor his looks that much. The only thing that counts in life is your harmonious union with each other and of course, love. I am not talking about only the love of passion that you'll have in the beginning of your union; but the real love that will follow years from now when you find out that how much you like each other and each other's company because you communicate well with each other and because you respect each other's wishes and you are KIND to each other. That's what's important in life my dear cyber new friend, that's the only thing that counts!!!

All the luck in the world to you!!!!

Anoush
    Thanks Anoush. I'll take your words carefully and seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
      Thanks Anoush. I'll take your words carefully and seriously.
      You are welcomed janik.

Comment

No of course not. Siamanto, I appreciate your valid comment that the rest of the package is reletavily more important and vital than the outside package. But you know if you'll excuse me saying this Armenian saying; "Deskn el arje hazar nerpov". "The looks are but worth a thousand from what it is within". When as human beings we try to find or seek a mate we mostly tend to search for good looks first then what the person is like. We fall for looks; but then it is up to us to dump them if they don't fit the rest of the package. In short, if they are not wothwile to keep. I guess that's why it's important to overlook so much the looks of the person and try to see the real person hidden under the good or the not so good outlook.

I admit it's hard sometimes to do; but for the sake of one's sanity it is imperative to find out the whole package before getting into a relationship.

I agree that physical appearance - or what I call "Eye Vitamin" - is of relevance but, my question was not "What is relevant and what is not in a relationship?" or "Whether physical appearance is more - or less - important than 'the rest of the package' in a relationship?" That is a legitimate topic in itself that we will probably touch a bit later.
        I'm sorry if my question did not seem clear enough.

In
        All the Armenian guys want is a way younger girls. They would be in their forties and they sometimes want 14, 18, 22 years younger girls... not an older girl/woman.

Some women they age gracefully. Having good skin and a pretty face, sometimes they look 10-15 years younger. So in my opinion it should work.
        It seemed to me that you are somehow opposing - i.e. comparing - young women and older ones and you seem to believe that "good skin and a pretty face" is basically what a young woman has to offer to an older man that most older woman can't.

My question was: "Do you think that a younger woman can offer an older man something - that most older women can't - different than 'good skin and a pretty face'?"
        So it's about the difference between younger and older women other than the physical appearance - and what's in "the rest of the package."

Actually, your comment reminded me of a similar comment in the movie "La petite Lili" of Claude Miller that I found somehow "unfair" towards younger women because many/some do offer more than "good skin and a pretty face" - and more often than older women do??? Something that some may consider "beautiful and precious."
        But, before I answer my own question, I wanted and still would like to hear your views on it.Thanks.
        Last edited by Siamanto; 07-18-2007, 12:37 PM.
        What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Siamanto View Post
          I agree that physical appearance - or what I call "Eye Vitamin" - is of relevance but, my question was not "What is relevant and what is not in a relationship?" or "Whether physical appearance is more - or less - important than 'the rest of the package' in a relationship?" That is a legitimate topic in itself that we will probably touch a bit later.
          I'm sorry if my question did not seem clear enough.
          Yes, I reread your question and basically you're asking whether a 20-ish some year old has only to offer a "good skin or a pretty face".

No, obviously not. It's all relevant to the 20-ish year old girl in question and what kind of attributes that particular girl/woman has to offer; an intelligent and a sharp brain, great talents, premature wisdom, education, abilities to interact successfuly and well with people, patience with children, a great love and a heart in her bosom and the list could go on and on. But if we take a concensus and somewhat generalize of 20-ish young women, other than their young and firm skin, beautiful face, young and a healthy blood; a young woman can offer youthful passions and the love of enjoyment and an overall fulfillment of life. Youthful good health that comes with a young body, a psychological (firstness, first experiences) and the bewilderment of that initial experiments of life that makes a person feel very special on that first and utmost experiences in life. As children do in the first stages of their life as first experiences do become very special for them. A first time loving and sex if that applies, etc. etc.

You can add if you wish or anything else that comes to mind.

Again, other than what I have mentioned above, it is all relevant to the individual's upbringing, education, nurturing from their families, and their own gifted talents if they have any, positive feelings (kindness or otherwise) etc. etc. etc.

It seemed to me that you are somehow opposing - i.e. comparing - young women and older ones and you seem to believe that "good skin and a pretty face" is basically what a young woman has to offer to an older man that most older woman can't.

My question was: "Do you think that a younger woman can offer an older man something - that most older women can't - different than 'good skin and a pretty face'?"
          So it's about the difference between younger and older women other than the physical appearance.
          I believe the conversations revolved or actually was questioned whether an older woman should or would have a relationship or a marriage with a younger man and if that was OK. In view of that question, I gave the attributes only of the older woman; because the relevant question asked was about an older woman versus a young man.

I see that now you are turning the question towards the 20-ish and the younger woman's attributes. Well then you can see my answer on that as well above.

Actually, your comment reminded me of a similar comment in the movie "La petite Lili" of Claude Miller that I found somehow "unfair" towards younger women because many/some do offer more than "good skin and a pretty face" - and more often than older women do??? Something that some may consider "beautiful and precious."
          But, before I answer my own question, I wanted and still would like to hear your views on it.Thanks.
          You are welcomed. As I said above, the topic in question was merely about an older woman getting into a relationship with a younger man. Therefore I obviously stressed on the older women's attributes; but yes younger women could and would offer many attributes as I have mentioned above.
          Last edited by Anoush; 07-18-2007, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Yes, I reread your question and basically you're asking whether a 20-ish some year old has only to offer a "good skin or a pretty face".

No, obviously not. It's all relevant to the 20-ish year old girl in question and what kind of attributes that particular girl/woman has to offer; an intelligent and a sharp brain, great talents, premature wisdom, education, abilities to interact successfuly and well with people, patience with children, a great love and a heart in her bosom and the list could go on and on. But if we take a concensus and somewhat generalize of 20-ish young women, other than their young and firm skin, beautiful face, young and a healthy blood; a young woman can offer youthful passions and the love of enjoyment and an overall fulfillment of life. Youthful good health that comes with a young body, a psychological (firstness, first experiences) and the bewilderment of that initial experiments of life that makes a person feel very special on that first and utmost experiences in life. As children do in the first stages of their life as first experiences do become very special for them. A first time loving and sex if that applies, etc. etc.

You can add if you wish or anything else that comes to mind.

Again, other than what I have mentioned above, it is all relevant to the individual's upbringing, education, nurturing from their families, and their own gifted talents if they have any, positive feelings (kindness or otherwise) etc. etc. etc.
            I basically agree with you and even if I "add??" anything to your description of the "rest of the package," I would be saying more or less the same with different words, in different ways, emphasizing on different details, with a different style. However, I would simply add that my focus was not limited to the "20-ish some year old," because there exists younger women who can offer the same.

I believe the conversations revolved or actually was questioned whether an older woman should or would have a relationship or a marriage with a younger man and if that was OK. In view of that question, I gave the attributes only of the older woman; because the relevant question asked was about an older woman versus a young man.

I see that now you are turning the question towards the 20-ish and the younger woman's attributes. Well then you can see my answer on that as well above.

You are welcomed. As I said above, the topic in question was merely about an older woman getting into a relationship with a younger man. Therefore I obviously stressed on the older women's attributes; but yes younger women could and would offer many attributes as I have mentioned above.
            I apologize if my post gave you the wrong impression, but, for the record, I did not mean to say or suggest that your post was not a pertinent reply to the question "whether an older woman should or would have a relationship or a marriage with a younger man and if that was OK;" my focus was different and I just wanted to ask you a somehow related question that, yes, you have answered above.

I asked you the question because you seem to be a person who dares looking at the world as it is - and takes the time to do so, a person who dares to have her own views - and takes the time to develop them, a person who dares to express them in public - and takes the time to articulate them.
            What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

I basically agree with you and even if I "add??" anything to your description of the "rest of the package," I would be saying more or less the same with different words, in different ways, emphasizing on different details, with a different style. However, I would simply add that my focus was not limited to the "20-ish some year old," because there exists younger women who can offer the same.

I apologize if my post gave you the wrong impression, but, for the record, I did not mean to say or suggest that your post was not a pertinent reply to the question "whether an older woman should or would have a relationship or a marriage with a younger man and if that was OK;" my focus was different and I just wanted to ask you a somehow related question that, yes, you have answered above.

I asked you the question because you seem to be a person who dares looking at the world as it is - and takes the time to do so, a person who dares to have her own views - and takes the time to develop them, a person who dares to express them in public - and takes the time to articulate them.
              Well thank you Siamanto very much! I haven't had such a nice complement for a long time.

You made my evening and I am sure I will learn a great deal from you myself.
              Last edited by Anoush; 07-18-2007, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Well thank you Siamanto very much! I haven't had such a nice complement for a long time.

You made my evening and I am sure I will learn a great deal from you myself.
                You're welcome!

I just finished watching an interview with Brigitte Bardot where the interviewer used the expression "eternal child" to describe more or less what I had in mind. Also, I remembered that, a while ago, I made a list that can be considered as characteristics of the "eternal child???" Unfortunately - or fortunately??? - the list is "raw" - i.e. not organized or structured and not eloquent enough. I don't know if, today, I would express myself using the exact same words; but, the differences - if any - would be minimal and non-essential. Click here for the list!
                Last edited by Siamanto; 07-18-2007, 08:20 PM.

Comment

You're welcome!

I just finished watching an interview with Brigitte Bardot where the interviewer used the expression "eternal child" to describe more or less what I had in mind. Also, I remembered that, a while ago, I made a list that can be considered as characteristics of the "eternal child???" Unfortunately - or fortunately??? - the list is "raw" - i.e. not organized or structured and not eloquent enough. I don't know if, today, I would express myself using the exact same words; but, the differences - if any - would be minimal and non-essential. Click here for the list!
                  Dear Siamanto:

What a wonderful list!!! It's great and I just made a copy of it so I'll look at it every now and then and be reminded by it. See, I told you I will learn a great deal from you myself, I was right! I have seen your few posts and I know the knowledge you possess along with good writing abilities.

Thank you! And I understand where you're coming from speaking about possessing the abilities to be an "eternal child". The child within is thruthful, usually speaks naturally, have the vitality and the youthfullness that sometimes grown ups would forget their initial steps that they used to take to view life in its beautiful simplicity that doesn't know how to lie (except trivial lies), how to cheat and be devious, malicious, harmful and poisonous to his/her own kind; but be himself or her wonderful self.
                  Last edited by Anoush; 07-19-2007, 08:18 AM.

Comment

I <3 Cougars ... seriously I think older women are totally slept on by most men. There are a bunch of hotter older women who are single and looking for a younger relationship to feel younger again. What's wrong with that?

They, older women, know what they want and are a million times more stable than girls 21-30 imo. I wouldn't take this idea too far but 50ish could be possible if they took care of themselves. Now there are even more fishies in the seas! Yea! heh heh

Comment

Dear Siamanto:

What a wonderful list!!! It's great and I just made a copy of it so I'll look at it every now and then and be reminded by it. See, I told you I will learn a great deal from you myself, I was right! I have seen your few posts and I know the knowledge you possess along with good writing abilities.
                      Anosuh,
                      Many Thanks! Maybe, I should read it myself, from time to time.
                      Reading your posts, I'm really pleased to see an Armenian woman daring to express her dissonance - yet sounds harmonious; instead of, such as many, hiding behind a wall of silence until the child inside dies or falls into oblivion.

Thank you! And I understand where you're coming from speaking about possessing the abilities to be an "eternal child". The child within is thruthful, usually speaks naturally, have the vitality and the youthfullness that sometimes grown ups would forget their initial steps that they used to take to view life in its beautiful simplicity that doesn't know how to lie (except trivial lies), how to cheat and be devious, malicious, harmful and poisonous to his/her own kind; but be himself or her wonderful self.
                      You're welcome!
                      Why do you think children are so beautiful? Why do you think the child inside dies? I have my views on it, but are we digressing???

P.S. LOL Does the "child" in Eternal Child means that age matters? Or does the "eternal" means that age does not matter?
                      Last edited by Siamanto; 07-19-2007, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X