Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

does age matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: does age matter?

Originally posted by Siamanto View Post
    Do you think that you can build something together? Do you think that you can give each other and add to each other's life?
    why not?? what's the problem?

Comment

What is the average longevity of a marriage in the modern society and what are the chances that it is more than 20 years? In other words, what are the chances that a marriage between two "age wise perfectly matched" individuals will last twenty years??? Close to none?
      LOL, I was expecting such a response... but I was considering my own criterias and had my parents in my mind. Maybe not realistic for today's 'modern' society...

Comment

the important is the love

Comment

It pises me off when I see women dating older men just because they have money or because they are supposedly ''mature''.

Its so cool when you beat the xxxx out of their ''mature'' mates.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefy View Post

What is the worse that can happen and is it less likely that the worse would happen with an "age wise matching" partner - whatever that means?

Do you think that you can build something together? Do you think that you can give each other and add to each other's life? Of course, the cost should be acceptable.

There are many determining factors and how relevant is the age factor - when all considered together - as a whole?
            why not?? what's the problem?
            Stefy,
            The only "problem" - just kidding - is that, maybe, you did not understand my post as it was meant. To repeat myself in a more "straightforward" manner, I'll say:
            If you think that you can - and are willing to - build something together, give each other and add to each other's life then it's worth trying because:
            1- Many factors determine the success of a relationship and age may not be the - or a - relevant one when all considered together
            2- What is the worse that can happen and would the worse be avoided with someone with a "matching age?"

I hope that it is clearer now.

P.S. I would have been even more "extreme" and said " Nothing left to gain after losing you..." instead of " Nothing left to lose after losing you..."
            Last edited by Siamanto; 05-17-2007, 08:03 PM.
            What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Կարմիր Բ View Post
              Its so cool when you beat the xxxx out of their ''mature'' mates.
              Is the goal to make sure that everyone clearly sees that you are not the mature one????
              Last edited by Siamanto; 05-17-2007, 07:37 PM.
              What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post

What is the average longevity of a marriage in the modern society and what are the chances that it is more than 20 years? In other words, what are the chances that a marriage between two "age wise perfectly matched" individuals will last twenty years??? Close to none?

LOL, I was expecting such a response... but I was considering my own criterias and had my parents in my mind. Maybe not realistic for today's 'modern' society...
                We may - or may not - share the same "criteria," but
                1- A marriage - or a relationship - involves at least two individuals
                2- Unless the couple lives in the woods, the dynamics of the relationship will be impacted and influenced by the society
                3- Not everybody choses to be an "individual"
                Last edited by Siamanto; 05-17-2007, 08:08 PM.

Comment

If you care for one another and you see a future together then age shouldn't matter. Of course society has it's opinions but I would hope you'd be wise enough to hold your own.

By the way, I'm just curious does a long lasting relationship automatically lead to marriage? I know this is going off topic a bit but personally I don't need a white dress and a ring to state to the world that I want to be with a person. I find that it's looked down upon if a couple don't get married.
                  Last edited by LadySilver; 05-17-2007, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LadySilver View Post
                    By the way, I'm just curious does a long lasting relationship automatically lead to marriage? I know this is going off topic a bit but personally I don't need a white dress and a ring to state to the world that I want to be with a person. I find that it's looked down upon if a couple don't get married.
                    Amen to that. "Marriage" is a very out-dated concept. I personally don't plan to get married but I know many whose entire life-long goal is just that .
                    this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
                      Amen to that. "Marriage" is a very out-dated concept. I personally don't plan to get married but I know many whose entire life-long goal is just that .
                      I plan on marrying, if only to celebrate it with my friends and loved ones. The image of my mom sitting and having tears of happiness has played before my eyes many times. What I'm against is throwing huge, extravagant parties. That's showing off. I agree though that no-one has to do something just because the society expects that of them, but then not every one thinks (or dreams) of marrying just because of those types of pressures. It is a long, ancient institution and a ceremony, and naturally a part of our nurture, if not nature.

As far as, the age question. Age differences by themselves are meaningless. It is what is behind, what is implied, by those age differences. Does the age difference in this special case imply vastly different expectation, priorities, etc. Does it affect the question of if and how many children to have together. Does it imply a vastly different places in respective career paths? I'm sure I'm repeating what's been already said in the thread, I'm just too lazy to check for that.

Comment

Working...
                      X