Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Azerbaijani soldier kills his fellow soldier
    [ 30 Juny 2014 11:42 ]
    Baku. Hafiz Heydarov – APA. A soldier of Azerbaijani Army was killed.

APA reports that the incident was recorded at the military unit of the Defense Ministry.

Soldier Yashar Ahadzadeh wounded to death his fellow soldier Ilkin Musayev with a piece of iron because of dispute.

Defense Ministry’s press service confirmed the fact to APA.

The Military Prosecutor’s Office has launched a criminal case on the fact, investigation is underway.
    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

YEREVAN–At the beginning of June, the Armenian Armed Forces made advances and claimed strategic positions and hills at the Armenia-Nakhichevan border.
      These positions, measuring some 100 square kilometers, which were uncontrolled due to difficulet geographic and climate conditions, were put under the control of the Armenian Army.
      This portion of territory is in Armenia proper, but until recently there were no border or army positions.
      Azerbaijan’s defense minister General Zakir Hassanov, on June 25, confirmed the new positions of the Armenian Armed Forces during an interview with ANS news agency in Baku.
      With this advancement, the city of Nakhichevan is not 18.6 miles (30 kilometers) away from the Armenian border.
      Photographs obtained by razm.info clearly show that the newly-manned Armenian positions are fortified and have a direct view of Azerbaijani border positions in Nakhichevan.
      This recent attempt by the Armenian Army to fortify its positions came after two separate attacks by Azerbaijani forces from the Nakhichevan border, which resulted in the deaths of three Armenian soldiers.
      General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Armenian Defense Minister visits military outpost on border with Azerbaijan

July 09, 2014 | 18:49

YEREVAN. – Armenia's Defense Minister visited one of the military outposts in south-western direction of border with Azerbaijan on Wednesday.

The Minister examined conditions, material and technical basis, talked to the personnel.

On the same day Minister Ohanyan participated in the opening of a new educational center and shooting range in Nubarasehn district designed for the units deployed in Yerevan and in the districts adjacent to the capital city.

Minister Ohnayan inspected the range and made several shots.
        Minister Ohanyan participated in the opening of a new educational center and shooting range...

Last edited by burjuin; 07-09-2014, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Armenian Defense Minister visits military outpost on border with Azerbaijan

Comment

New educational center and shooting range in Nubarasehn district

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                  If you read my post you would see I said ... Our military --- TRIES --- to keep track of enemy assets.
                  Do you disagree?
                  Above is said ... Do not underestimate the enemy.
                  How about not underestimating us.
                  Satellites and/or Russian help (no other way???)
                  Wrong, but I wouldn't say how on a PUBLIC forum.
                  As I said before ... You can bet we are trying to keep track of these mlr's.
                  That is indisputable.
                  Wasn't trying to dispute your point. I'm arguing that even if our military was trying to keep tabs on their Smerches, in an attempt to hit them before they fire, as far as I know we lacks the resources to conduct surveillance on moving targets, in well defended airspace, 30-50km behind enemy lines. You need surveillance of some sort to achieve an accurate strike. You seem to know something I don't so I was curious as how you were so sure. Ill take your word for it.

I did suggest another way-check my post-informants on the ground.
                  I don't underestimate our military I believe the complexity of long range counter battery fire is something not to underestimate. In theory it seems straight forward, but in practice its complex to get all the pieces in the right place at the right time.

Comment

LOOK WHAT WE'VE GOT HERE

Քարվաճառում ադրբեջանցի դիվերսանտների մի մասը ձերբակալված է. ՊԲ
                    Հուլիս 10, 2014

Հայաստանի (Արցախի) Քարվաճառի ուղղությամբ հակառակորդը ձեռնարկել է հերթական հետախուզադիվերսիոն ներթափանցման փորձը:
                    Պաշտպանության բանակի առաջապահ զորամասերի ձեռնարկած օպերատիվ գործողությունների արդյունքում հակառակորդի հետախուզադիվերսիոն խումբը ժամանակին հայտնաբերվել է, անդամների մի մասը ձերբակալված են, իսկ մյուսները դիմել են փախուստի:

Գործողության արդյունքում հայկական կողմը կորուստներ չի ունեցել:

Նկատենք, որ Ադրբեջանի պաշտպանության նախարարության մամուլի խոսնակ Վագիֆ Դարգահլըն այսօր՝ հուլիսի 10-ին, ադրբեջանական ԱՊԱ լրատվական գործակալությանը մեկնաբանել է դիվերսիայի մասին լուրը՝ այն անվանելով «հայկական կողմի ապատեղեկատվություն, որը նպատակ ունի խուճապ ստեղծել»։ Իրենց հերթին ադրբեջանական մի շարք լրատվակայքեր, այդ թվում՝ Haqqin.az-ը, պահանջել են Ադրբեջանի ՊՆ-ից ստույգ տեղեկություններ տրամադրել կատարվածի առնչությամբ ու «վերջապես սկսել համագործակցել նման հարցերում ադրբեջանական լրատվադաշտի հետ»։

Հավելենք նաև, որ ՀՀ ՊՆ մամուլի քարտուղար Արծրուն Հովհաննիսյանը Ռազմինֆոյի հետ զրույցում շեշտել էր՝ վարդենիսցի 14-ամյա պատանու գերեվարվելու վերաբերյալ լուրն ապատեղեկատվություն է.

razm.info

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
                      As far as help from the Russians the more time passes I am getting more disillusioned with their actions and our treatment.

Russian's grand strategy is to dominate the energy supply field.
                      It is their only lever of influence that they have.
                      The countries that can undermine its ambitions in this area are Iran and Azerbaijan.

Currently Russia is trying to bribe Azerbaijan, intention being to dovetail Azerbaijan's resources to its grand strategy.
                      In the process it is blackmailing Armenia to use Karabagh as its bargaining chip. Its very ominous.
                      Just because Russia is trying to bribe Azerbaijan to achieve it's geopolitical goals doesn't mean Russia is ready to loose it's only real ally in the area and subsequently its strong grip on the Caucasus. Russia has to pursue its interests, but Artsakh's existence is important for Russia so Azerbaijan stays ineligible for NATO. The situations in South Ossetia and Abkhazia keeps Georgia ineligible.

Russia has a lot to loose if Artsakh falls and I'm sure they understand that very well. I think Russia might make it look like Artsakh is a bargaining chip but I think when you break it down it is all just show. How they are guaranteeing the status quo doesn't change I don't know, but they're not stupid. They just want the whole pie, military dominance in the Caucasus, control over its gas, oil, other recourses and large military contracts. At the end of the day Russia knows which country out of the three in the Caucasus will stick with it, hence the bases and military equipment stationed in Gyumri and Yerevan, weapon donations and discounts.
                      Last edited by gokorik; 07-10-2014, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X