Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

I am thinking of a possibility of Azeris using us at a possible scenario of even destroying those oil rigs and getting invaluable publicity and international support against us.
    So it is a big question if those rockets can actually curb an outcome of total war between us and Baku.
    In any case, they should be used only for command centers, arms depots, bridges and airports in realistic scenario. Unless we want an international scandal in unimaginable proportions and very little strategic value (destruction of oil rigs will not effect immediate military actions while war is on, but only Azery economy in long run) we will be stupid to use them on oil rigs. Just talking this scenario is misleading and gives us false sense of security.
    The only deterrence we got for Azeris is the guaranteed of military defeat on ground and loss of territories. That possibility will also put Azeri population against the war circles. We have to make Azeris understand and believe that war will cost their society too heavily.
    Their cities will be bombed and all around Artsakh their territory in big depth will turn into desert.
    Last edited by Hakob; 05-07-2016, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
      I am thinking of a possibility of Azeris using us at a possible scenario of even destroying those oil rigs and getting invaluable publicity and international support against us.
      So it is a big question if those rockets can actually curb an outcome of total war between us and Baku.
      In any case, they should be used only for command centers, arms depots, bridges and airports in realistic scenario. Unless we want an international scandal in unimaginable proportions and very little strategic value (destruction of oil rigs will not effect immediate military actions while war is on, but only Azery economy in long run) we will be stupid to use them on oil rigs. Just talking this scenario is misleading and gives us false sense of security.
      The only deterrence we got for Azeris is the guaranteed of military defeat on ground and loss of territories. That possibility will also put Azeri population against the war circles. We have to make Azeris understand and believe that war will cost their society too heavily.
      Their cities will be bombed and all around Artsakh their territory in big depth will turn into desert.
      I think hitting their energi infrastructure is an added bonus, which will signal to the west to pressure Azerbaijan not to start new wars, or their oil wont flow and will be a big fsck you to turkey too. It's time to play hardball with these barbarians, only thing they understand.

Comment

Deleted
        Last edited by armnuke; 05-07-2016, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
          I think we are relying too heavily on those islanders ...
          There are (7+-) main bridges that separates the Kur river south of the reservoir all the way to the Caspian Sea . If we use smart, precision guided munition in an event of war, that should drastically slow them down for days if not weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
            I dislike Armenia adopting foreign custom of forcing soldiers to shave. Anybody who has ever seen a picture of an Armenian soldier/fedayi before 1994 knows that this is foreign to us. The army should at least allow a short, well groomed beard.

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
              Start from 09:46 and pay attention to what he's saying about taking 'Strategic heights'

14:10 ??? Did they mess up the numbers ? Even Meydan tv ( azeri media ) says there are ( at least ) over 100 deaths while they say 88 for azerbaijan ?

EDITED
              Last edited by haydavid; 05-07-2016, 11:29 AM. Reason: rewatched it , isn't really neutral

Comment

Start from 09:46 and pay attention to what he's saying about taking 'Strategic heights'

I sugest to delete this post , spreading bulxxxx view full of lies are not helping plus u are promoting their propaganda.

Comment

Originally posted by haydavid View Post
                  14:10 ??? Did they mess up the numbers ? Even Meydan tv ( azeri media ) says there are ( at least ) over 100 deaths while they say 88 for azerbaijan ?

Otherwhise it's a very good documentary , very neutral and trying to explain everything ( even tho on some points they are wrong ).
                  sure they messed up, Caspian is Azeri source.

Comment

I have to disagree with the video on one major point. I don't think the aim of the 4 day war was to start a war of attrition. From all that has been said and is known about it, I believe they wanted immediate results.

And as far as taking heights are concerned, I have said this here before, over the last 2 decades, both sides have taken, lost, retaken heights and posts. The line of contact has always been dynamic.

Comment

Originally posted by HajiHabibli View Post
                      I have to disagree with the video on one major point. I don't think the aim of the 4 day war was to start a war of attrition. From all that has been said and is known about it, I believe they wanted immediate results.

And as far as taking heights are concerned, I have said this here before, over the last 2 decades, both sides have taken, lost, retaken heights and posts. The line of contact has always been dynamic.
                      I agree , that's what I was saying that they had wrong points.

Watching it again and I now see better that it's really biased. I first tought it was good because it told simple things and explained the overall geopolitics but rewatching really shows that it's azeri based website

Comment

Working...
                      X