Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by ASALA2116 View Post
    I was in Armenia for 3 months. In the last week of the 3 months I saw a couple flying. Unless they were Mig 29's. It was all a flash in the sky at the end of the day. But they were fighters.
    You can regularly spot migs and su-25's in armenia

Comment

Originally posted by Azad View Post
      Looks like Asper Arms must have a contract with the military on modifying some arms. It is good start, but they have to get their act together and start producing our own instead of modifying.
      To be able to manufacture a good sniper rifle, you need modern machine shop capability. Modern, I mean, CNC milling, lathe, ID rifling, EDM wire and sinker machines among some other equipment. In US there are shops which can produce any custom receiver/bolt combo (the heart of rifle) and rifling any caliber and twist barrels and fit all together.
      All this time I have not seen or heard of any machine shop capable of and equipped accordingly in Armenia. Even Russians up untill 10-15 years ago were using archaic barrel building machines that were last modernized when war bounty was brought home from Germany.
      US had imposed a ban on precision CNC machines in mid 80's because they were trying to prevent soviets from making super quiet propellers for submarines.
      That is why there was practically no high quality sniper barrels made in Russia. Things have changed very much.
      Now Russia has facilities making high quality sniper weapons. They even upgraded methods of manufacturing their AKs.

10-15 years ago precision CNC and EDM machines cost a 1/4 million each, now price have gone down way low.
      Last month the company I work for bought a HAAS VF4 CNC mill (top brand in world) for just $90000. This machine will make any precision receiver or any part for rifle. Other machines will be similar in price and availability.
      Also I am very confident for computer drafting/design and programming capabilities of our compatriots in Armenia. They will eat this technology raw.
      Now, the machinery field is so competitive that when you buy their machine, they will give you free 1 week training on how to operate their machine. Also there are private schools here that for around $2000 will teach you the latest MasterCam so you can program the machines. Another $2000 will get you to learn 3D drafting program like SolidWorks.
      Now you can design and produce your own top of the line sniper rifles from zero. This kind of armament is not a strike fighter tech. It's just detail oriented and presice craftsmanship.
      I could order enough material to build 100 barrels for a couple of thousand dollars and ship it to Armenia also.

That's it. The investment needed for a good shop is around one million dollars. But nobody can spend that kind of money in Armenia and then wait if government decides to buy the product.
      It is necessary that government go into partnership with a qualified enerprenor in starting and supporting this enerprise.
      At the end, we could say that Armenia makes its own sniper rifles. The price of each of those weapons will drop from around $6-8000 each to $2000.
      Just manufacturing and selling precision rifles for hunting and sport shooting world wide can become very profitable and carry the cost for domestic consumption.
      Finnish Sako/Tikka has become so iconic that just the by pod for rifles they make sells for $400-500 dollars worldwide. About 10 times higher than competition.
      There can be enormous profit. Just our government has to nurture this enterprise.
      Also, this kind of manufacturing is not like Georgian armored vehicle affair. About 100 times less risky and costly.
      Last edited by Hakob; 05-31-2016, 01:11 PM.

Comment

2016 has been great year in military progress, ever since the 4 day war our Mod has developed cameras, night vision goggles etc, and who is this person that has given these miracles Ilham Aliyev. His stupidity and a failed blitzkrieg has given us these miracles, he should be called The greatest hero of Armenia.
        Last edited by DieHard69; 05-31-2016, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
          Now you can design and produce your own top of the line sniper rifles from zero. This kind of armament is not a strike fighter tech. It's just detail oriented and presice craftsmanship.
          I could order enough material to build 100 barrels for a couple of thousand dollars and ship it to Armenia also.
          That's the thing. Once they have a decent and final prototype the rest will be running the cnc and line assembly.
          With (5) people company they can produce it all and start manufacturing other models for other uses.
          Agree, they will need around a million but the labor will be very reasonable to export once they have a full line of 10 to 20 items.
          I have seen some videos of Asper Arms he is using 1950's equipments which is ok for basic milling. Time to step it up.

Comment

Հրետանավորները

Comment

Originally posted by Azad View Post
              That's the thing. Once they have a decent and final prototype the rest will be running the cnc and line assembly.
              With (5) people company they can produce it all and start manufacturing other models for other uses.
              Agree, they will need around a million but the labor will be very reasonable to export once they have a full line of 10 to 20 items.
              I have seen some videos of Asper Arms he is using 1950's equipments which is ok for basic milling. Time to step it up.
              Azad Jan we could do what Chinese have done in general merchandise market. Pick the highest priced items and make cheaper copies and rip the profits.
              For example.
              An Accuracy Inyernational "chassis system" (rifle stock, lol) costs around $1000. It is the top in world in aiding the shooter with adjustments and support. In reality it is an 8santimeter by 12 by 100 chunk of aluminum (worth about $50) precision machined and fitted to have adjustments for cheek, hand grip, shoulder support, receiver nesting with nice floating barrel, scope and by pod support, added rails for fancy add ons on 3 sides and painted cool camo. Sells for $1000.
              A similar one can be designed with all the futures but distinctive (in arms marked moving around a couple of bolts is new design).
              In Armenia's labor market this could be made for maybe $100 total cost.
              Go to secondary markets for accuracy international (not US, Canada, England etc, but South America, orient, Africa and Eastern Europe) and sell.
              There are many other items in menue that can be done.
              Last edited by Hakob; 05-31-2016, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Azad Jan we could do what Chinese have done in general merchandise market. Pick the highest priced items and make cheaper copies and rip the profits.
                For example.
                An Accuracy Inyernational "chassis system" (rifle stock, lol) costs around $1000. It is the top in world in aiding the shooter with adjustments and support. In reality it is an 8santimeter by 12 by 100 chunk of aluminum (worth about $50) precision machined and fitted to have adjustments for cheek, hand grip, shoulder support, receiver nesting with nice floating barrel, scope and by pod support, added rails for fancy add ons on 3 sides and painted cool camo. Sells for $1000.
                A similar one can be designed with all the futures but distinctive (in arms marked moving around a couple of bolts is new design).
                In Armenia's labor market this could be made for maybe $100 total cost.
                Go to secondary markets for accuracy international (not US, Canada, England etc, but South America, orient, Africa and Eastern Europe) and sell.
                There are many other items in menue that can be done.
                Agree! The county and the people have the brain and the potential. The government has to get serious on creating an honest environment for business. Help startups with honest and fair supports.
                Just like TUMO center they should start planting the seeds for machine shop and CNCs educations.
                The IT sector is headed in the right direction. Next should be manufacturing, at least small (air shipped) precision products, since our land trade is not the best.

Comment

I have come to own a Turkish manufacture unknowingly an came to see what a piece of s h I t their manufacturing quality is.
                  I bought a Winchester model 1000 air rifle from big 5. The clerk told me Winchester had bought Daisy air rifle co. And now they were under Winchester name.
                  I have original Daisy air pistol and love the quility.
                  After shooting fiew Rounds the stock broke in half. You know you have to break the barrel open to put pellet? It broke right below hand grip area.
                  As I looked closer on barrel, there was clearly marked "Made In Turkey".
                  Mother hacker.
                  I looked on the stock and the break was shiny like a broken glass surface. So Turks cast the stock without using any glass fiber reinforcement. This stock was as good as a toy gun stock.
                  So I went to Internet and found out that this Turkish company made rifles for Winchester/Daisy for a while. But the quality was so low and three were so many froudulent shipments that Daisy canceled all the contract and took manufacturing to China.
                  Turks on the other hand got so upset that they stopped shipment of orders that they were paid for.
                  Now I still have this rifle with broken stock. I am not going to fix it, as Turkish stocks are not sold anymore and new version of rifles made in China is different. Besides, instead of spending any money I probably will by Spanish Gamo.
                  But I don't want to throw it away.
                  I ithink, I will completely disassemble it and as a Tooling Engineer check Turkish manufacturing quality closely.
                  I know, I am up for satisfaction in my heart.
                  Last edited by Hakob; 05-31-2016, 03:16 PM.

Comment

are the artillery troops armed with AKMs?

Comment

I have come to own a Turkish manufacture unknowingly an came to see what a piece of s h I t their manufacturing quality is.
                      I bought a Winchester model 1000 air rifle from big 5. The clerk told me Winchester had bought Daisy air rifle co. And now they were under Winchester name.
                      Next time you should pay more and get a nice Diana. If they are still made in Germany.

Comment

Working...
                      X