Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Armenian Army
    MDK3 tracked ditching machine

Comment

STEPANAKERT. – Two Karabakh soldiers were killed as a result of an act of sabotage by Azerbaijani armed forces.

The adversary made an infiltration attempt in the section controlled by one of the military units in north-eastern direction on Saturday afternoon.

The vanguard units of the Karabakh army noticed movement of the opponent and repelled them to the initial positions. The adversary suffered losses.

Artak Aghekyan (born in 1979) and Hayk Baroyan (1995) were killed.

The NKR Defense Army shares the pain and expresses support to the family and friends. An investigation has been launched to clarify the details of the incident.

Armenia News - NEWS.am
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Nagorno-Karabakh Defense Army

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
          Where where link / reference please

in so many words

Post# 18632 by Federate page 1423

"either we observe the ceasefire or not"

Armenian Defense Minister Seyran Ohanian has put down the relative calm recently observed at the border with Azerbaijan as well as around Karabakh to improved observation systems put in place by Armenian armed forces.
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Azerbaijan has expressed a desire to purchase Russian T-90MS

At the international exhibition IDEX-2015 in Abu Dhabi, a number of countries expressed their intention to purchase the PTRC "Iskander" T-90MS, antitank missile system "Chrysanthemum-S" and other Russian weapons.

According Rosinformbyuro , from the first days of the exhibition a number of Middle Eastern countries have shown great interest in purchasing Russian T-90MS.

And one, has not yet named, the country decided to test the combat vehicle in its territory. This was stated by the deputy head of "Rosoboronexport" Igor Sevastyanov.

According to him, in July, "we're going to eyewitnesses, which is called the" promotion "of the T-90MS in the Emirates."

Previously CEO of "Uralvagonzavod" Oleg Sienko said that this model successfully tested in Kuwait and has good prospects in the region. CEO and general designer UKBTM (Corporation "Uralvagonzavod") Andrew Terlikov announced its intention to soon move to the implementation of contracts for the supply of T-90MS to the Middle East.

Considerable interest in the T-90MS and showed the military department of Azerbaijan, which has declared its possible purchase. In the near future to discuss this issue, the website.

Note that T-90MS powered by V92S2 (version "F", 1130 hp), new air conditioning, enhanced reservation engine compartment, 12.7-mm machine gun on the turret, the barrel bending sensors, increased to 400 ammo for 7.62-mm machine gun. The exhibition was presented before the serial copy of the new tank with updated fire control system (FCS) and explosive reactive armor. It has additional features for the application of guided weapons and communications systems on the battlefield.

Note that earlier Azerbaijan has acquired a Russian T-90S tanks, which were shown at the parade June 26, 2014.

ru.oxu.az

Comment

Հակառակորդի կրակոցից ՊԲ զինծառայող է զոհվել
              Մարտ 3, 2015

Մարտի լույս 3-ի գիշերը հայ-ադրբեջանական հակամարտ զորքերի շփման գծի արցախյան հատվածում հակառակորդի կողմից հրադադարի խախտումների պատճառով ՊԲ արևելյան ուղղության մարտական հենակետերից մեկում հակառակորդի կրակոցից զոհվել է զինծառայող, 1995թ. ծնված Արսեն Աբրեստի Կարապետյանը:

Դեպքի մանրամասները պարզելու համար կատարվում է քննություն: Այս մասին տեղեկացնում է Պաշտպանության բանակի մամուլի ծառայությունը:

Հակառակորդը, ՊԲ տվյալների համաձայն, հայ դիրքապահների ուղղությամբ կրակել է տարբեր տրամաչափի հրաձգային զինատեսակներով, ինչպես նաև 60 մմ ականանետերով ու ՌՊԳ-7 տիպի նռնականետերով:

ՊԲ առաջապահ ստորաբաժանումները ձեռնարկել են համապատասխան միջոցառումներ հակառակորդի ակտիվությունը ճնշելու ուղղությամբ և շարունակում են շփման գծի ողջ երկայնքով վերահսկել օպերատիվ-մարտավարական իրադրությունը:

Պաշտպանության բանակը կիսում է կորստյան ծանր վիշտը և իր զորակացությունը հայտնում Արսեն Կարապետյանի ընտանիքի անդամներին, հարազատներին և ծառայակիցներին:

Comment

Good news for us.

S-350 "Vityaz" to replace S-300 by 2016

Work on the new SAM complex (Russian - зенитно-ракетный комплекс [ЗРК] / ZRK) S-350 "Vityaz'" (Knight, hero, champion in English) is being completed and will be ready by 2016. This was reported by the deputy representative of the military-industrial commission, Oleg Bochkarev, in an interview with RIA Novosti....
                http://shokidriver.blogspot.in/2015/...0-by-2016.html

Comment

Gokorik , i dont see how its good for us , if u mean in the broader sense of csto alliance so i guess yes u are right

But if this is going to be another yeah we will get supplies of older versions , my opinion is we need them if they are free to replace even older version of ours , or in other way we need smart usage of our human recourses , just like the old artillery howitzers thar take 6-9 people in total to operate just one ..so it would be better if we had motorized artillery that take 3 people rather than pay gas for the truck and use 5 more people with slower reacrional results and deployment. Also for the love of god intoduce GPS guidance systems .....

I suggest this cause we are in tight position with few human power pool . not only we must concentrate towards our east turks and compet but definitely we must make leaps and reach to the turks of our west ... Not saying we are not doing good in fact we are doing excellent ..its just that the hard times need imagination and advances in order to achive our high goals.

Comment

Armenia defense minister tours military industry enterprise
                    16:26, 03.03.2015
                    Region:Armenia
                    Theme: Politics

YEREVAN. – The Defense Minister of Armenia, Seyran Ohanyan, on Tuesday paid a working visit to a military industry enterprise.

The minister got familiarized with the building conditions, technical equipment, military product samples, and the large-scale works toward modernization and repairs of military equipment of the venture. In addition, he gave instructions in the context of developing the capabilities of the Armenian armed forces.

On the same day, Ohanyan also visited the anti-epidemic security service of the armed forces. The defense minister was briefed on the present-day sanitary and epidemiological situation, and the statistics on the inspections which the service has conducted in the Armenian troops.

Seyran Ohanyan also toured the laboratories, and got acquainted with the activities of this service and its inspection of respective standards.
                    Armenia News - NEWS.am
                    Ohanyan also visited the anti-epidemic security service of the armed forces…

Comment

Special File | March 3, 2015 11:59

Gerard Libaridian’s secret visit to Afghanistan in 1994

Mediamax continues its Special File project, which aims to present the unknown or less known details of Armenian foreign policy events.

In 1990s, Historian, Professor Gerard Libaridian was the Senior Advisor to first President of Armenia Levon Ter-Petrosyan. He is presently working on his memorial book and agreed to present one of the episodes of the book to us. (The interview with Gerard Libariadian was orginially held in Armenian and was then translated into English by Mediamax).

In 1994, the Bishkek Protocol was signed and it was followed by the ceasefire agreement. There were two main points in that document – complete halt of fire and military operations, and “completion of negotiations in the next 10 days and conclusion of an agreement on the cessation of the armed conflict not later than May 22 of this year”.

Both the Armenian and Azerbaijani parties used to think that this ceasefire agreement is conventional as the question – “how to act if no negotiations are held within the mentioned 10 days or if the negotiations fail?” – remained open. The three parties of the conflict used to take this document as a “pause” and were getting ready for resumption of war. We certainly did not need it as we were the winning party – whatever we could do through war was already done. The ceasefire was expected to be followed by prompt and intensive negotiations and Russian President's Special Envoy for Nagorno Karabakh Vladimir Kazimirov was expected to be actively involved in it. However, it all did not take place – great efforts were not committed.

The Azerbaijani Army was in a terrible state. Thus, they had signed an agreement with Afghanistan to engage Mujahideens in war. It is no secret that the Mujahideens were actively engaged in military operations against Armenia and Nagorno Karabakh in 1993-1994. We knew that this time Azerbaijan had reached an agreement over engaging a great number of Mujahideens, and Baku had high hopes for them to resume the war. We started pondering over the measures that could be employed to prevent it.

Through an intermediary we got to know a person called Abdulhak who was one of the leaders of Afghan Mujahideens carrying war on the USSR. Abdulhak was in Jalalabad and his brother was the governor of that territory. We turned to Abdulhak asking to organize a meeting with Afghan Prime Minister Gulbuddin Hekmatyar.

Quite secretly, we arranged my visit to Jalalabad to meet with Gulbuddin Hekmatyar. Very few people were aware of my visit – President Levon Ter-Petrosyan who had conceived that idea, Armenian President’s Special Envoy David Shahnazaryan and my Principal Assistant Hasmik Harutyunyan.

Back then Afghanistan was at civil war and the UN had banned flights there. However, by a special and light aircraft and several times bribing locals for fuel, I eventually reached Jalalabad along with the abovementioned intermediary. I was accompanied to the queen’s country house from the airport and two hours later I was taken to the house of governor Qadir – the brother of Abdulhak. I started placing stronger focus on my meeting with PM Hekmatyar. I also conferred with Abdulhak and Qadir. Hekmatyar had dispatched his two advisors to talk to me and see what should be done – the PM was familiar with the subject of the meeting but he did not know anything more. After our conversation the advisors left, presumably to inform the PM about the details of our talk. Shortly afterwards, one of them returned and took me to the PM. His residence was in an army camp outside the city.

When we arrived there, we had to go several floors down. I was told he was praying at that moment and was asked to wait.

A short time later, I met with Hekmatyar. Besides Hekmatyar, there were 7-8 more people there – they were all seated on pillows on the floor, in a cross-legged position. We talked for over an hour. I was sparing no effort to convince him of that the Mujahideens should not go to Azerbaijan. He was trying to refute that they had such agreement with Azerbaijan but at the same time, he was continuing to lend an ear to my arguments. From afar, it might resemble a talk of the deaf but it was a different type of talk – it was highly important to watch the niceties of each of Hekmatyar’s refutations and also the changes in his continuous smile when he was finding one of my words or expressions important. Hekmatyar’s smile and manner of talking were relaxed and I managed to persuade him. I was then taken back to the governor’s place where I spent the night. I was to leave next morning, however, it turned out we didn’t have fuel. We had to wait for the only airplane in Afghanistan operating flights to the Persian Gulf to return in order to purchase fuel from it.

At 3 am, June 13, my small airplane landed at Yerevan airport and left immediately after I got off.

Early in the morning, I reported about my visit to President Levon Ter-Petrosyan. We decided to disseminate a short press release about my visit and assert my positive impression from it. I contacted Abdulhak and asked him to contact PM Hekmatyar and let him know about our wish to have a short press release in one of our newspapers on that the Advisor to the Armenian President paid a visit to Afghanistan and discussed issues of mutual interest with the PM. His consent would imply they have decided to give up the large-scale program of sending Mujahideens to Azerbaijan. Around two days later Abdulhak called saying that Hekmatyar said “do as you wish, simply let me know about it”.

Thus, we managed to prevent the support of around 1500 Mujahideens for the Azerbaijani Army and mitigate the risk of resuming the war. This step was followed by others by us, and owing to them, in July-August 1994, we succeeded in signing a permanent ceasefire agreement with Azerbaijan.
                      Aram Araratyan
                      - See more at: http://www.mediamax.am/en/news/speci....Cj2QKsVG.dpuf

Comment

Working...
                      X