Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Wikileaks: Ilham Aliyev did not trust the Russian arms and asks U.S. for help
    According to the website Wikileaks, during a meeting with former U.S. Ambassador to Azerbaijan Anne Derse, the Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has asked for Washington's military aid.

"We want to see real help and benefit. The U.S. government should respond to our request to purchase defensive arms, particularly in the area of defense, not a threat to Armenia. We want to protect themselves from possible attack. Azerbaijan does not trust the weapons acquired from Russia as it is under the "electronic control". We need weapons that are not under the control of Iran and Russia - said in an interview with U.S. Ambassador Aliyev, the newspaper Azadlyg.

Security expert S. Akbar believes that if the information the site are true, this indicates a serious contradiction between the official and unofficial foreign policy of Azerbaijan. Noting that this policy does not meet the national interests of Azerbaijan, S. Akbar said that in his time Baku rejected the U.S. proposal to join the list of countries under the U.S. defense shield.

"In the 2007th year in a letter to Ilham Aliyev, U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice even said that the U.S. is ready to sign an agreement to provide air security in Azerbaijan. However, to this day the agreement is not signed. On the contrary, is not planned progress in the issue of cooperation with NATO "- said the Azeri expert.

/ Panorama.am /

Comment

53661st Air Base, 121st Attack Aviation Regiment in Gyumri.
      Study visit of foreign military attaches, accredited in the Republic of Armenia:

Comment

Originally posted by burjuin View Post
        53661st Air Base, 121st Attack Aviation Regiment in Gyumri.
        Study visit of foreign military attaches, accredited in the Republic of Armenia:

L39's? Sturdy, durable and good for training. Not a very effective fight jet. I guess it could be used for close ground support.
        General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by lampron View Post
          kirk kerkorian and monte melkonyan, but this is not enough
          And how exactly have you done your part? what exactly have YOU done for Armenia and its people?

I mentioned Monte Melkonyan in point my point that the top hero of the war was a disasporan Armenian. It doesn't imply that he was not the only volunteer from the diaspora. Where was your father when this was all happening?

Ten Trillion of the likes of your kind wouldn't amount to 1 dirty fingernail of kirk's. Kirk Kirkorian was the prime example, he is not the only diasporan giving aid to Armenia. Perhaps you're aware of all the aid the diaspora has given and continues to give the Republic, which is substantial.

Yes, unfortunately, we have a few pyschiologically unbalanced, self-hating people, such you as your kind, who do absolutely nothing for Armenia except talk shhheettt. Unfortunately, your kind will always exist in every nation on earth, and you can barkkkk all you want, meanwhile we're getting real work done.

genocide is one reason - in the last 20 years 800,000 have left Armenia
          I think it was over 1 million, but what is your point exactly? what are you trying to say? have you seen emigration statistics for Azerbaijan and Georgia? or the rest of the former soviet union republics?

Karabakh has been kept by self-sacrifice, thousands of dead from Karabakh and Armenia
          (where is the Diaspora fund for supporting relatives of the dead?)
          First of all, WHAT DID YOU DO? HOW DID YOU HELP? HAVE HAVE U DONE BESIDES TALK SHETTTT????

Secondly, go educate yourself on what the diaspora has done for Armenia and karabakh, and the families of zohvats azatamartiks.

Armenian record for holding on to land is not always good
          your negative outlook is reflection of your inner world. having studied psychology for years, i'd bet you have some deep issues within you, and your self-hate and negativity is a manifestation of it. You are not talking this way because you care about Armenia, or to constructively criticise, but because you are mentally sick. It is likely that you have bad memories in dealings with some Armenians, perhaps your family wasn't a health, normal, functional one, and you have carried all those bad memories with you. and your anti-Armenian self-hate is a manifestation of those deep pyschological issues you have within you. but in reality, hating yourself and being anti armenian isn't going to solve your mental problems. you need to reach the root of what's really deep inside you. In effect, your mind is making the Armenian people out to be the bad guy because of your past events and in doing so is seeking the someone, something to blame.
          Last edited by Artsakh; 05-07-2011, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
            Yes you did!
            Edojan said Stalemate can be avoided by having good military industrial complex to resupply troops with all necessary weaponry. This is something turks have upper hand in compared to Armenia". I said that Turkey is not going to attack Armenia, you then took it upon yourself to claim that Edojan was actually referring to Azerbaijan. So you must think Azerbaijan has the upper hand in having something Armenia hasn't got: a good military industrial complex to resupply troops with all necessary weaponry.
            Do you realize how rediculous you sound.....don't misquote me again.

Originally posted by Joseph
            L39's? Sturdy, durable and good for training. Not a very effective fight jet. I guess it could be used for close ground support.
            Yes they are good little trainers and they can be modified to double in combat duty, I think ours is modified.
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Comment

Just to give an example of what we/I did during the war. We purchased battlefield communication equipment from Motorola for Armenian forces. We funded medivacs for severely wounded Armenian troops to be flown to the US for life saving operations that could not be performed in Armenia.
                General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
                  It's small size, easiness to fly at low speeds, good visibilty and ability to carry a bomb/rocket load makes it a good aircraft for close air support.

Its main shortcoming is its survibability (no armour protection and only one engine).

The azeris used them against us during the war, we shot down at least one of their L-39s.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Artsakh View Post
                      Perhaps you're aware of all the aid the diaspora has given and continues to give the Republic, which is substantial.

Yes, unfortunately, we have a few pyschiologically unbalanced, self-hating people, such you as your kind, who do absolutely nothing for Armenia except talk shhheettt. Unfortunately, your kind will always exist in every nation on earth, and you can barkkkk all you want, meanwhile we're getting real work done.

I think it was over 1 million, but what is your point exactly? what are you trying to say? have you seen emigration statistics for Azerbaijan and Georgia? or the rest of the former soviet union republics?

your negative outlook is reflection of your inner world. having studied psychology for years, .
                      stick to the subject you MORON!

yes a few in the diaspora have done a great deal of work

but this is a tiny fraction of the potential

never mind about what I have done or not done, there are organizations and churchmen out there who keep telling us they're doing everything necessary and life couldn't get any better

and they can count on morons like you when they say it

i don't care about emigration from Azerbaijan and Georgia they haven't suffered a genocide and are not threatened by another one

my negative outlook? if you think losing 90% of the Armenian homeland and suffering a genocide are positive things then you are even more of a retard than I thought

Comment

Working...
                      X