Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Last edited by burjuin; 05-09-2011, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ZORAVAR View Post
        Its main shortcoming is its survibability (no armour protection and only one engine).
        There are some hardass pilots who would argue with that.

No Armor and single engine makes the aircraft lighter, agile, more maneuverable, more simple, lower operating cost, more fuel efficient (in the case of L-39 it is 2.5 hrs of endurance/no external tanks@ 1100 km range), able to take off and land in less than 650 meters runaway, it can fly slower thus having a lower radius of turn carrying a decent thrust to weight ratio, and it can fly as fast (Mach 0.8) as the two engine SU-25.

The AI-25 Bypass Turbofan engine (3800 lbs of thrust) is very reliable and has been operating around the world with great success and it is designed to run under sustained negative and zero G condition. Smaller aircraft means a smaller target as well.

This aircraft can be effective if it is used in missions that can capitalize on its design advantages instead of using it like a SU-25. It has two hardpoints (able to carry 600 lbs of ordinance...not much but good) and ability to carry wingtip tanks. It can be modified to carry four hardpoints replacing the extra fuel weight in the tptanks for ordinance.

In the hands of a experienced pilot it can be a decent platform, considering there are no alternatives for AAF such as supply of fighter/bomber jets.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Comment

I feel bad, I really feel bad! We don't fire they do, what do we get from this deal? Dead, what do they get? Communications Satalite!

These are the same Allies we once had, and we did not learn did we? No we did not, lets bring so called allies back to take pictures of our air base, so they can say " so called Genocide

Take me for a ride once, shame on you. Do it a second time shame on me!

Comment

Caucasus and Central Asia: Victory Day Portraits

Victory Day, commemorating the Red Army’s triumph over Nazi Germany, offers an opportunity for Russia’s present-day leadership to demonstrate the country’s resurgent military might. For many World War II veterans, meanwhile, the day is a time for reflection – to take pride in their accomplishments and to appreciate their good fortune in having survived.

Freelance photographer Jonathan Alpeyrie has spent the past few years working on a documentary project, photographing Soviet veterans and recording their stories. There is a growing sense of urgency to his mission, as the number of World War II vets is fast dwindling. Some of the subjects of this photo essay, for example, have died recently.

Being part of the winning side in war did not guarantee veterans a lasting peace. Many of the veterans who agreed to be photographed by Alpeyrie ended up emigrating and resettling in New York City.

One of Alpeyrie’s subjects, Mrav Hokobian, endured the horrors of World War II only to experience another conflict during the twilight of his life. Hakobian lost a hand in 1942 amid hand-to-hand combat in Stalingrad. Fifty years later he was living in the Nagorno-Karabakh enclave when the region turned into the epicenter of a conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan. In an ironic twist that punctuated Hakobian’s experience with warfare, he recalls that he lost amid the displacement of the Karabakh conflict a medal awarded him for his service in Stalingrad.

Editor's Note: Jonathan Alpeyrie is a freelance photojournalist based in New York.

i just posted the pictures of the Armenians, there are a total of 11 including the ones i posted at the website

Comment

^^^Thanks ninetoyadome.
                B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Serzh Sargsyan: Shushi liberation is the victory of good over evil and barbarity
                  May 10, 2011 - 09:32 AMT
                  PanARMENIAN.Net - Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan issued a congratulatory address on the occasion of Victory and Peace Day.
                  The President said: “Dear Compatriots, Distinguished Veterans, I congratulate you on the occasion of Victory and Peace Day. We have been celebrating this holiday, which is delivered by the heroic deeds of our fathers and grandfathers, for years. This victory brought long-awaited peace to Armenia which endured so much tragedy. This victory opened new doors for progress; it opened new horizons for bringing up an educated and healthy young generation – a generation which is true to the vows of its forefathers and which will build a new Armenia.
                  For the Armenian nation, the World War II was the Great Patriotic War indeed. Both Armenia and the Spyurk gave whatever they could. On various fronts and in the rear, in resistance movements and guerrilla squads, dedication and heroism of the sons and daughters of our nations covered their names with glory.
                  May 9, 1992 once again became a symbol – this time of the Armenian triumph, the symbol of resolve and immortality.
                  Now and ever, we will be celebrating wholeheartedly our glorious victory; the victory of good over evil and barbarity. With the liberation of the historical capital of Artsakh, the Armenian soldier has become a new factor. Those, who stepped into immortality on the battlefield, carry on with their great mission as moral and political force.
                  The liberation of Shushi was a turning point which showed what stands for “the Armenian who learned the lesson”. We silenced those who fired at our children and our parents. And we will do it against if needed. However, I hope that it will not be necessary: our troops, who are guarding our Fatherland, hold the greatest promise that it will not happen again.
                  Peace and its bounties are the greatest victory. I wish we, together fully appreciate every year of peace and stability for the sake of the next generation, which will be true to the vows of its forefathers and will continue to build a new, superior Armenia.”

Comment

Demonstration of military equipment and armaments in Nagorno-Karabakh, Artsakh, on Victory Day. Stepanakert. May 9, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Vahramig View Post
                      You must be kidding, Azeri sources are full of crap, and you want to paint the Armenian ones just the same. For example, for the past 30 years Azeri's have been ruled by one family, we have had 3 presidents that were elected by the people. With elections comes a free press, when one family is in charge there is no press.

I do agree to a sense that no news source can be trusted 100% but I don't agree in compairing your Azeri source to Armenian sources. Simply put you have two people who live differently, there is nothing to compair really. State sponsered news by the clan in charge is not news, it is bullsheet.
                      Oh well i agree with you about state sponsored news by the clan 100%. yet i cant agree that most of the news that are reported in Armenian are right on the money. Everyone has something to lie about. Honestly sometimes when i see how two sides are talking to each it makes me feel like its a two lil confused girls in 9th grade fighting whos xxxx dont stink while everyones xxxx smells the same. I came here to see the other side of the story because for the past 10 years i only followed and fed one side and i realize that i dont know jack until i get to understand the other side.

The thing is about Alievs that by now people like them, i and my family voted for him twice all my friends did everyone wanted to , we know that they got a clan going, but if anyone esle will come on to the throne he will eat even more money coz he is hungry. We are cursed with this oil because of it Azerbaijan may never have a leader that takes it to the direction of peoples will and not his own interest..

Comment

Working...
                      X