Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

The CSTO Collective Rapid Reaction Force’s “Cooperation 2012” joint multinational military exercise in Armenia.

Comment

Originally posted by Serjik View Post
      Bro, you served in what - the British Army? LOL!!!!!!!!!! Dude, please save us from your marshal opinions. A-rabs fight better than the Brits!

In the battlefield I'll take an Armo chick with nail polish and perfume than a "prince harry" any friggen day! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
      Which battlefield have you been on lately? Just curious.
      Last edited by TomServo; 10-15-2012, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vahram View Post
        I'm not confusing the two, the bulk of us are defeatists and this is a true statement. Your playing with the status quo is exactly what the West i.e. Je w wants. Either you are one of them, or are truly lost, with the winds of war heating up you want to do what? Praise a tie eating Mofo still! Yet you feel like telling me I'm confusing things, take a sniff at reality and understand what is good for Armenia and when it is good for Armenia.

Status quo has a defense belt, S-300's, UAV's T-90's yet we still see none of this. What is your solution to let Goldman Sachs get the last $5 drams left in some Armo"s pocket? The same West that courts the baboon and lets them get away with Murder! The baboon that buys Euro officials like chocolates, the same West that can't say the G word. What is it that you are recomending really? How much money is being stolen in the West? Care to give me a figure of where the derivatives stand? Last figure was more that 600 Trillion and you found an Armenian with $5 drams in his pocket and you feel like taking it away?

You plan on a little instability like all the other revolutions so successfully carried out? Yet another named revolt that has raped each country in turn? You plan on calling this the Apricot revolution? You feel like you are a patriot for recommending the exact same thing, as if by innocence or is it deliberate?
        I understand right now there is too great a threat from Azerbaijan, but are you trying to say that if there was no threat from the outside that you would still support the current authorities. Do you have any clue how hard it is for an honest Armenian to make an honest buck. Can't you see why the situation is this way. While the honest Armenian is stuck, the thugs thrive and prosper threatening anyone in their way with pain or death. They manipulating the Judicial system with bribes to further their interest at the expense of the honest party. How can you call that acceptable! If you do then you're the defeatists. You are the one that accepts the current situation as worthy of the sacrifices of those who have given up everything for us and for Armenia. What do you think they would have to say?? Do you think they would be proud of what life in Armenia has become and who's prospering?? What do you think Leonid Azkaldian would say. What about Monte Melkonian? What about the regular Armenian soldier who died in the war?
        I would take the current government over any western government but the current trend and the consequences are not a fairytale.

Originally posted by davidoga View Post
        Just because you are unable to imagine a better future for Armenia does not mean the status quo is OK. Armenia is slowly but surely depopulating. Hopefully, I speak for the both of us when I say this is a catastrophe. I believe that Armenia needs a president that is willing to do what Saakashvilli did, which is to replace the police force (which is after all the root of the problem: no rule of law). Establishment of rule of law will dig up shadow economy in Armenia, which is the country's biggest problem. A country with a population of 3 million can not afford to have shadow economy....
        The problem wouldn't go away by clearing out the crooked police. Everything is interconnected. Every corner of the government has people dependent on they current system to maintain their lifestyles and their families. They're not just going to let it go. The good police would just have their cases thrown out in court and then they would be threatened, maybe murdered.
        Last edited by gokorik; 10-15-2012, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by gokorik View Post

The problem wouldn't go away by clearing out the crooked police. Everything is interconnected. Every corner of the government has people dependent on they current system to maintain their lifestyles and their families. They're not just going to let it go. The good police would just have their cases thrown out in court and then they would be threatened, maybe murdered.
            IMHO, Armenia should remain under Russia's thumb, with a crooked puppet goverment. It's better than no Armenia at all, which is what will happen without Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by burjuin View Post
              The CSTO Collective Rapid Reaction Force’s “Cooperation 2012” joint multinational military exercise in Armenia

Comment

Armenian Army

Comment

what is it on tank? is it T55?

Comment

Originally posted by Serjik View Post
                    Bro, you served in what - the British Army? LOL!!!!!!!!!! Dude, please save us from your marshal opinions. A-rabs fight better than the Brits!

In the battlefield I'll take an Armo chick with nail polish and perfume than a "prince harry" any friggen day! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

All my childhood I grew up with war around me.

I could not join in because I was too young. I had not fired a gun in my life.

First opportunity that arose I joined the volunteer reserve which gave me some opportunity to overcome something I always missed.

At least I learned which end of the gun the bullet comes out off !!! DO YOU ??

PS this was more years ago than I care to remember.

Last edited by londontsi; 10-16-2012, 05:34 AM.
                    Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                    Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                    Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by gokorik View Post

Yes, the problem will go away. You clear out crooked police=you establish rule of law. You make all businesses pay taxes, and you allow new businesses to spring up because they are now no longer afraid of intimidation from oligarchs. Armenian treasury will increase TREMENDOUSLY, and, perhaps most importantly, transportation infrastructure can be constructed/repaired. With better roads and railway, Armenia can diversify its exports away from low-transport-cost goods (like electricity, diamonds, etc.). In all likelihood, a thriving defense industry will emerge, and Armenia can become the Israel of the Caucasus. The dram will strengthen, and investors will be drawn to invest. Emigration will ease. Armenia will be able to afford to subsidize housing, living, etc. in Karabakh, so that more Armenian will move there.

What problems can rule of law not fix?

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
                      IMHO, Armenia should remain under Russia's thumb, with a crooked puppet goverment. It's better than no Armenia at all, which is what will happen without Russia.
                      Armenia should certainly get rid of its Russophobes and look for more security assurances. However, it is never a good thing to have internal infrastructure (energy, gas, electric, wireless) be controlled by a foreign state. Hopefully, this issue will get better with a stronger Armenian economy.
                      Last edited by davidoga; 10-16-2012, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X