Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

I don't think he would want to be a President.....when SHTF he is our man and every one of us must be ready to give our lives if need be to keep him alive and in charge of Armenian defense forces.
    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

I would rather see Seyran Ohanian continue his good job as Defence Minister unless we find someone who is suitable to replace him. This topic reminded me to share these pictures with the forum of our current President who is also the ex-Defence Minister of Armenia. Pictures taken during the Artsakh war.

Attached Files
      Last edited by Federate; 11-29-2013, 05:04 PM.
      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
        I would rather see Seyran Ohanian continue his good job as Defence Minister unless we find someone who is suitable to replace him. This topic reminded me to share these pictures with the forum of our current President who is also the ex-Defence Minister of Armenia. Pictures taken during the Artsakh war.

Interesting stuff, thank you for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
          I definitely would not mind seeing that. In a struggle between Serzh, Dodi Gago, and Raffi, in the range of people who barely fought in the war to people who never touched a gun, it would admirable to have someone who actually went through what is expected of ordinary people to go through.
          Seryan's left leg is either plastic or inserted some plastic. he was wounded from leg during the war. btw they all are the same. if there wasnt Serzh we wouldnt here even about Seryan. and if you read Biography of Serzh...

Serzh A. Sargsyan was born on June 30, 1954 in the City of Stepanakert, where he completed the secondary school. In 1971, he was admitted to Yerevan State University. During 1972-1974, he served in the USSR armed force. In 1979, he graduated from the Philological Department of Yerevan State University.

Serzh Sargsyan started his career in 1975 at the Electrical Devices Factory, where he worked as a metal turner until 1979.

From 1979 to 1988, Serzh Sargsyan was first a Division Head at the Stepanakert City Communist Party Youth Association Committee, then—second secretary, first secretary, the Stepanakert City Committee Propaganda Division Head, the Nagorno-Karabakh Regional Committee Communist Organizations’ Unit Instructor, and Assistant to Genrikh Poghosyan, the First Secretary of the Nagorno-Karabakh Regional Committee.

From 1989 to 1993, Serzh Sargsyan led the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic Self-Defense Forces Committee.

In 1990, Serzh Sargsyan was elected as a deputy to the Supreme Council of Armenia.

From 1993 to 1995, he was the Minister of Defense of the Republic of Armenia.

From 1995 to 1996, he was the Head of the Republic of Armenia State Security Department and, later, the Minister of National Security.

From 1996 to 1999, he was the Republic of Armenia Minister of Interior and National Security.

In 1999, he was the Republic of Armenia Minister of National Security.

From 1999 to 2000, he was the Chief of Staff of the Republic of Armenia President.

From 1999 to 2007, he was the Secretary of the Republic of Armenia National Security Council led by the President.

From 2000 to 2007, he was the Republic of Armenia Minister of Defense.

On April 4, 2007, Serzh Sargsyan was appointed as the Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia.

On June 7, 2007, he was re-appointed as the Prime Minister, taking charge of the Government formed after the National Assembly elections.

Serzh Sargsyan was elected President of the Republic of Armenia in the Presidential elections of February 19, 2008. The inauguration of the President-elect took place on April 9, 2008.

Serzh Sargsyan was re-elected for his second term as President of the Republic of Armenia on February 18, 2013. He was inaugurated and assumed office on April 9, 2013.

Serzh Sargsyan is a member of the Republican Party of Armenia since 2006. From July 2006 to November 2007, he was the Chairman of the Party Council. In November 2007, Serzh Sargsyan was elected as the RPA Chairman.

Serzh Sargsyan is the Chairman of the Yerevan State University Board of Trustees and the Chairman of the Chess Federation of Armenia.

Serzh Sargsyan has been conferred the Hero of Artsakh title, "Golden Eagle" order, the Republic of Armenia orders of the "Battle Cross" of the I rank and "Tigran the Great", other state awards.

Serzh Sargsyan was married in 1983. His wife — Rita Sargsyan, was born in Stepanakert, in a military family. She is a music teacher by profession.

Serzh Sargsyan has two daughters — Anush and Satenik, two granddaughters — Mariam and Rita, two grandsons - Ara and Serzh.

No need for comments. Hayastani bolor hamakarkeri mechic antsela..karam asem hayastane iranic avel ban imacov mart chka.

Comment

Originally posted by Spetsnaz View Post

Serzh A. Sargsyan was born on June 30, 1954 in the City of Stepanakert
            Btw he wasnt born in Stepanakert. he was born in Goris and moved to Stepanakeret when he was 3.

Comment

Um, Will Armenia be modernizing other vehicles(BRDM-2s, MTLBs, as well through the new plant? And is Armenia modernizing all the tanks in NKR along with the ones in Armenia (Since there are more tanks in NKR)?? Or just in Armenia?
              Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

Comment

Originally posted by Chubs View Post
                Um, Will Armenia be modernizing other vehicles(BRDM-2s, MTLBs, as well through the new plant? And is Armenia modernizing all the tanks in NKR along with the ones in Armenia (Since there are more tanks in NKR)?? Or just in Armenia?
                One of the most frustrating things about following news about the Armenian Army is that we never have any definite, straightforward answers to such questions until after they have been completed. Examples like our undeclared acquisitions of S-300s, Tochka-U and the fact that we kept our SCUDs out of sight for almost a decade before we finally showed them in a parade. Right now all we can hope for is that modernization works are ongoing at Charentsavan and that a year from now, we'll magically see modernized equipment in a random video that hopefully burjuin will be able to find and post for us

The only question I can attempt to answer is the one on tanks. There is in fact little difference between a tank in Armenia and a tank in NKR. There are more tanks in NKR because it's where war will break out and it will reduce mobilization time. Another reason (this one you can find in Azeri media ever so often) is that storing tanks in NKR will avoid any arms quota inspections done by other countries or international organizations since they are limited in scope to Armenia. There is a Nagorno-Karabakh Defence Army but it de-facto acts as a sub-division of the Armenian Army. This is where the "Armenia is the guarantor of security for Artsakh" comes in. This means that any tank in Armenia may (or may not) be used in Artsakh as well. Therefore if a tank currently stored in Armenia is modernized, it may (or may not) find itself in Artsakh sooner or later. To give you an example, I remember in 2011 weeks before the parade while I was on my way to Artsakh, I saw trucks with tanks on their backs heading in the opposite direction towards Yerevan.
                Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                  One of the most frustrating things about following news about the Armenian Army is that we never have any definite, straightforward answers to such questions until after they have been completed. Examples like our undeclared acquisitions of S-300s, Tochka-U and the fact that we kept our SCUDs out of sight for almost a decade before we finally showed them in a parade. Right now all we can hope for is that modernization works are ongoing at Charentsavan and that a year from now, we'll magically see modernized equipment in a random video that hopefully burjuin will be able to find and post for us

The only question I can attempt to answer is the one on tanks. There is in fact little difference between a tank in Armenia and a tank in NKR. There are more tanks in NKR because it's where war will break out and it will reduce mobilization time. Another reason (this one you can find in Azeri media ever so often) is that storing tanks in NKR will avoid any arms quota inspections done by other countries or international organizations since they are limited in scope to Armenia. There is a Nagorno-Karabakh Defence Army but it de-facto acts as a sub-division of the Armenian Army. This is where the "Armenia is the guarantor of security for Artsakh" comes in. This means that any tank in Armenia may (or may not) be used in Artsakh as well. Therefore if a tank currently stored in Armenia is modernized, it may (or may not) find itself in Artsakh sooner or later. To give you an example, I remember in 2011 weeks before the parade while I was on my way to Artsakh, I saw trucks with tanks on their backs heading in the opposite direction towards Yerevan.
                  I do find the it believable that they would be avoiding those inspections. I have no clue why they would, but this is the first time I have ever probably semi-agreed with Azeri Media lol. If anything, its a bit funny. I do think that the people have the right to know about their own security forces. Or at least the bulk of it. I also find that Armenian troop numbers fluctuate quite frequently, I have seen it go from 20,000 all the way to 90,000. Don't know whats up with that, but its either thats a secret too or people don't know how to count. See, I had read an article about the large amount of Armor in NKR. NKR Officials claimed they had discovered it or it had just been lying around there since the war. It is much more clearer to me now, learning that they just move tanks back and forth. I took a look at the tank numbers in NKR, and its staggering hahahaha.
                  316-371 tanks,
                  224-459 armored vehicles
                  I had not noticed that before thank you for your input...
                  Just imagine by 2015, all of these vehicles Modernized. 400 (adding ones recorded in Armenia) PT-72Us. Although, I doubt Armenia has the raw materials to do that and closed borders might slow the modernization process. And it would be much better to have heavy battle tanks like the T-90 than of course a modern T-72

Did you know Denmark uses our UAVs?

Btw, this is the best video I can find on the PT-72U this is a PT-91 Tawdry. The 72U is a modified version of the PT-91.
                  Last edited by Chubs; 11-29-2013, 10:07 PM.
                  Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

Comment

«Էդուկոպտեր» ուսումնական ԱԹՍ-ի թռիչք`«Փոքր Մհեր»-ի սաների համար (վիդեո)

Comment

Serzh must have been in a good mood yesterday at the Summit in Vilnius went out of his way to greet aliyev

dont care about the end of the video an azeri made it.

Comment

Working...
                      X