Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Just want to say that there have been some quality posts and discussions in the last few days in this thread. Nice job everyone, keep it up!
    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Azad View Post
      There is a lot of changes coming in the region with Russia’s involvement in Syria, an agreement with Iraq that involves Russian, Iran and Syria and a close rapprochement with Egypt.
      Russia is taking over the Muslim world (an anti Israel-Saudi axis) and appeasing the Muslims by inaugurating a mosque in Russia.

Russia has reportedly agreed to sell 50 Ka-52 attack helicopters to Egypt for use aboard the Mistral ships France initially intended to sell to Russia.

Turkey should be very worried with its backward involvement in the region. No one knows if the kurds will gain some autonomy in the region now that Russia is in the equation.
      The one that got royally screwed is Israel with the same balance of the powers from the 60’s. The US will soon arm Israel even more. Its cooperation with the azeris is pitiful, a joke at best. Looks like its turkish ally of the 60’s got replaced with the azeris.
      As far Armenia, if needed war will start on our terms. These childish attacks north of Armenia are obvious distractions, they should be retaliated by gaining all higher grounds in Nakhichevan.
      Oil prices are so low that 40% of revenues are lost for the azeri’s survival as a country. Reason why the idiot in baku is shifting the attention to Armenia. At this point let us wait and see and not take their bait.
      Next move is NATO’s … what will be their move? Instead of Armenia being defensive what would be our best move in shifting the azeri’s conflict with … let say with the Iranians?
      autonomy for Kurds would be great,because Kurds are relatively weaker than Turks and we won't need to worry about any possible invasion or attack from our west even when the Russians are gone which they won't since our alliance is going pretty well and fruitful for both sides.we can handle Azeris and Georgians are peaceful and Iran needs us as well to fight panturkism and they don't have any imperialistic intentions so far, so we can easily progress and not be suppressed.economically we would only have one closed border left and that's with Azerbaijan.azeris won't have land access to turkey and taking of Nakhichevan would be also anoption for us.

Also an autonomous Kurdistan means a weaker and smaller turkey,possibly uprising and liberation of northern Cyprus,and even western Armenia by us if we see time and capacity fits
      Last edited by argin; 09-28-2015, 05:19 PM.

Comment

I looked into joining Paramilitary group for protecting Hayastan and Artsakh years ago. I found one but it was inactive and I did not find others. Well trained groups can be a good asset if used properly in conjunction with the armed forces.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I believe the next natural move will be Israel arming the Kurds covertly with the blessing of the US. Looks like turkey is unreliably jumping from one camp to another fearing it might be thrown under the bus with the kurdish autonomy. Kurds would get autonomy only when turkey is out of NATO. Do we want turkey to shift towards Russia? I don’t think so. In short, things are looking good for Armenia’s interest in the region, except the idiot east of us. Winter is around the corner there will not be any major wars on the fronts. By spring we will see what direction the region shifted with the conflicts south and west of us. We have 6 months to observe and adjust accordingly.
          Last edited by Azad; 09-28-2015, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            I looked into joining Paramilitary group for protecting Hayastan and Artsakh years ago. I found one but it was inactive and I did not find others. Well trained groups can be a good asset if used properly in conjunction with the armed forces.
            I know we can get couple thousand Armenians from Syria and Lebanon and 500 from each EU countries with major Armenian populations Greece and France. A thousand from the US and another thousand from south America.
            To start 5000 is very feasible. Once active it will self promote with new recruits and be a constant flow of back up from one generation to another. In case of war even if 50% show up, it will still be a major support.

Comment

We need a state sponsored training program not a militia...militia and organisations can end up becoming involved in politics and destroy a country. So we need this program to be within the framework of the armed forces much like in Israel.
              When eddo (i believe it was him or federate) met wth mr. Ohanian he asked this question and the minister said they are looking into it...a very diplomatic answer...i know much trainings can cost million and put a strain on our already tight defense budget...i don't know...hopefully one day it will become true...2-3 week training every year is already something when your learning a single military function.

Comment

Armenian legion of USA

Tel: (818) 823 8724

Not sure of activity. They are active but US is coming down on militias so

Our boys deserve alot of credit on their counter attack

Hooa Hooa Hooa! AKs held above head
                B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by ArmeniaSacra View Post
                  We need a state sponsored training program not a militia...militia and organisations can end up becoming involved in politics and destroy a country. So we need this program to be within the framework of the armed forces much like in Israel.
                  When eddo (i believe it was him or federate) met wth mr. Ohanian he asked this question and the minister said they are looking into it...a very diplomatic answer...i know much trainings can cost million and put a strain on our already tight defense budget...i don't know...hopefully one day it will become true...2-3 week training every year is already something when your learning a single military function.
                  It was mher that met the defense minister and It would be great to have such a program when instead of one week a month training like us army reserve does,we do it one month out of the year in summer for juniors and many sessions for throughout the year for senior recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmeniaSacra View Post
                    1. Etchmiaszin posed a very smart question! I was thinking about this myself this morning. Is it possible that they just aimed at our barracks and by chance hit 4? Or were they observing with UAVs? The second option may be much more dangerous! It means we're not able to rid our skies of these bastards.
                    I think we are overestimating Azeri abilities. Also like you said our Airforce must be more active. Any fire taken you respond (even across contact line) and empty your weapons on location.

2. how realistic it is for our troops behind tbe frontlines to be wearing anti sharpnel vests all the time for their protection, just in case? Shouldn't we take such a step and change the dress code of our boys in locations close to the frontline?
                    Good armor is good but it will slow you down......plus we should be on the offensive.

3. In my opinion there is a positive side in all of this...the Azeris firing long range weapons deep in our territory only means that they are not able to do xxxx on the frontline...it doesn't take courage to fire an artillery shell from a distance of 15km from the frontline...this only proves that our boys are wasting them in direct confrontation.
                    Yes, we are getting our payback and there is still to come. Their SF wouldn't want to take out an Armenian soldier hand to hand.

4. Don't rely much on the disapora to fight...most of us are just masters in criticizing our homeland without contributing anything real to it...however, i do support the formation of a diaspora legion...i believe we can get a few hundred or max a few thousand who wld be ready to march to death for their country ( i bet there are a few right here in this forum) but 50,000 is a large number. But in this case it's not the issue of the number that counts...u can get a 1000 diasporan nationalists...train them to do just 1 thing (snipers or anti-tank missile crews) and make them real masters of just 1 function (because they will not have enough time to train for everything) and leave them in the battlefield...they can make serious changes in the balance.
                    Yes, so much we blow smoke talk like we are the DM of Armenia......sorry, no marching to death, not for me Sacra........lets see I need my AK with vest loaded, my XD40, Gas mask. Don't ask me to carry ammo uphill it aint gonna happen. hey wait a minute.....where is my jet??!! you want destruction find my jet fully loaded and ready to go 4 hr mission.
                    Last edited by Eddo211; 09-29-2015, 12:23 AM.
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                      Armenian legion of USA

Tel: (818) 823 8724

Not sure of activity. They are active but US is coming down on militias so

Our boys deserve alot of credit on their counter attack

Hooa Hooa Hooa! AKs held above head
                      Dude Armenian power they are around 40k! and soon the government is going to release them from the prisons.. as i heard max within a year...!
                      Last edited by Spetsnaz; 09-29-2015, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X