Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
    1 SCUD would burn that position into ashes
    Which position? The one in southern sector.
    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Արծրուն Հովհաննիսյան

Azerbaijani military divisions have been completely unable to break the resistance of Armenian forces and have tried to use the heavy machinery, including the flamethrower brand tos-1 and the drones (Fauxbourdon). However the gunners armenians have struck these systems and the struggles-aircraft have destroyed the drone.

Comment

Can someone confidently tell me this will go on for another week? I'm temporarily back in the United States to take care of some family affairs, and I was supposedly to return around June. But I can't continue to watch 18 year old kids and 60 year old grandpas on the front, while I, at the age of 25, sit here behind a computer. I assumed this would be over by now, but it's not. If I knew this wouldn't be finished by the time I got there, I would leave right now.

Comment

I think we might see another large scale attack by Azerbaijan. They probably tried to see the reaction of the international community.

Wasting tens of soldiers + heli + tanks for capturing a single village seems like a ridiculous idea. I think they will attack from different direction and the scale of the fighting will escalate to another level. I am not so optimistic about the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
            Can someone confidently tell me this will go on for another week? I'm temporarily back in the United States to take care of some family affairs, and I was supposedly to return around June. But I can't continue to watch 18 year old kids and 60 year old grandpas on the front, while I, at the age of 25, sit here behind a computer. I assumed this would be over by now, but it's not. If I knew this wouldn't be finished by the time I got there, I would leave right now.
            No need yet. Even some people who wanted to go from Armenia/Erevan were held back because they (officers) say the army is taking care of everything and no extra men are needed yet.

Comment

I think we have enough people Mher jan. This escalation is not going to be over in a day or two but I hope it will not grow into a big war. This is how many big wars started before and the deteriorating position of the turks (both to the east and west) may dictate that they restart the war. Either way Mher you will have plenty of chances to serve your people so do not worry about it and just do what you can.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Azerbaijan hasn’t “liberated” any territories: President

April 4, 2016 - 16:44 AMT
                PanARMENIAN.Net - Thanks to the Artsakh RepublicDefense Army’s timely and professional actions, the situation is under control on the Nagorno Karabakh contact line, Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan said Monday, April 4.

At a meeting with ambassadors of the OSCE member countries, Sargsyan said that the Republic of Armenia – one of the parties to the 1994 ceasefire agreement – will stay fully committed to ensuring the security of the Nagorno Karabakh residents.
                In his speech, the President reminded that he had earlier assigned the Foreign Ministry to work with colleagues from Karabakh to prepare an agreement on mutual military assistance.
                “If the current military actions continue and turn into large-scale operations, Armenia will recognize the Nagorno Karabakh Republic,” President Sargsyan declared.
                “Unfortunately, Yerevan’s multiple calls for curbing Baku’s adventurism didn’t yield the desired results. When Azerbaijan boasted about large amounts of arms acquisitions, the international community kept silent. When Baku sought to resolve the conflict by force, discredited the OSCE Minsk Group’s activities or rejected the confidence building measures, the international community virtually remained silent, as it does today, when Azeri army uses heavy artillery and shells the civilian population.”

Further addressing the ambassadors, the President conveyed several messages for the envoys to take them to their respective countries.
                “Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry and other structures declared that Baku was the one who initiated the offensive in Karabakh for reasons that don’t fit into processes currently underway. According to them, Azerbaijan has attacked Karabakh to tackle issues that were supposed to be resolved through peaceful negotiations within the OSCE Minsk Group. We expect all sides that are concerned about regional piece, to demand that Baku explain its decision to start military actions. The OSCE should take stabilizing measures by introducing mechanisms to investigate truce violations and increasing the monitoring capacity of the Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairman-in-Office.

I have said on multiple occasions that we first need to eliminate the cause of the conflict and only then to pass on to corresponding arrangements. We can talk about logical compromises on the way of resolving the conflict, once Nagorno Karabakh is rid of the risk of re-colonization.
                Azerbaijani Defense Ministry impudently declared about its intention “to unilaterally cease the fire” to “pass on to strengthening the protection of liberated territories.” I assure you that Azerbaijan hasn’t liberated any territories. They have just taken 200-300 meters of land in the southern and northern sections of the frontline, losing at least one serviceman for each of those meters. As long as the 1994 ceasefire is valid, Azerbaijan must adhere to it. Nagorno Karabakh being a party to the agreement, Baku has to start direct talks with Artsakh authorities whether it likes them or not,” the President said.
                Commenting on Turkey’s war-provoking rhetoric, Sargsyan said Ankara overtly encourages Baku’s adventurist policies.

General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by AstalaVist View Post
                  I think we might see another large scale attack by Azerbaijan. They probably tried to see the reaction of the international community.

Wasting tens of soldiers + heli + tanks for capturing a single village seems like a ridiculous idea. I think they will attack from different direction and the scale of the fighting will escalate to another level. I am not so optimistic about the situation.
                  You may be right. Given their advantages in manpower and weapons this may be a acceptable sacrifice for them. This is the reason I have been saying for a long time that we need to inflict very heavy punitive damage every time they attack us so that the cost of attacking us is greater than what they can bear. They do not mind losing more men then us, that is why we need to do way more damage to make sure they are hurting more then we are.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Reasons of Azerbaijani tank operation’s failure

Nagorno Karabakh | April 4, 2016 13:50

The rival lost 20 tanks and 5 fighting vehicles (including IFV-s) during military operations on April 1-4 on Northern-Eastern and Southern-Eastern directions of the contact line with NKR. The rival suffered latest tank losses in the morning on April 4.

According to military expert Karen Vrtanesyan, such heavy losses on two fronts suffered by the rival in just three days are mostly connected with two circumstances.

“The loss of two dozen tanks can be specified by the rival personnel’s inexperience. Most likely, they underestimated the capabilities of Defense Army’s anti-tank units and entered the fight, putting numerous tanks in the open field.

The second circumstance is connected with the rival’s intention to achieve plenty goals in a short period of time. Throwing tanks and other armored vehicles onto the battle field, Azerbaijani command wanted to take certain positions very quickly. Experience showed that this strategy led to shameful defeat,” Karen Vrtanesyan told Mediamax.

The military expert believes that most tanks probably suffered little damage, which will allow Armenian side to repair and use them.

Karen Vrtanesyan also commented on the fact that the rival lost majority of tanks on Southern direction.

“Contrary to the North, this direction’s territory is mostly plain, which was supposed to ensure successful tank operations for the rival. However, our anti-tank units work very professionally and cause losses,” said Karen Vrtanesyan.

It is worth reminding that Armenian forces lost one tank in three-day military actions.

- See more at: http://www.mediamax.am/en/news/karab....P8oRQJwB.dpuf

Comment

Armenia's media is getting me frustrated.. one minute they are saying we are advancing, the other they are talking about regaining our territory

Comment

Working...
                      X