Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Likud Deputy Minister refuses to enter Armenia, requests to return to Israel

Deputy Minister Yaron Mazuz refuses to enter Armenia while part of a delegation of MKs to Georgia and Armenia due to the security situation in the region and claims he wasn't feeling well earlier this week.

Moran Azulai

Published: 04.06.16, 20:25 / Israel News

Last week a group of Knesset members (MKs) went on an official visit to Georgia and Armenia. However, Deputy Minister Yaron Mazuz (Likud) refused to cross the border into Armenia following reports of war in the Nagorno-Karabakh region in Azerbaijan.

•Follow Ynetnews on Facebook and Twitter

The region is an ethnically Armenian enclave inside of Azerbaijan, which is Armenia's neighbor to the East and West. Although the fighting was happening far from the minister and the delegation's location, Mazuz still requested to be returned to Israel.

However, Mazuz said in a response that he wasn't feeling well and that he didn't want to continue with the trip.

Deputy Minister Yaron Mazuz (Photo: Knesset Channel)
    Deputy Minister Yaron Mazuz (Photo: Knesset Channel)

"I'm only afraid of the Creator and not what was going on there," Mazuz said. "It seems I ate something, and it caused me to not feel well. I wasn't feeling well at the hotel, and I said that it's not worth it for me to travel in this state. I don’t travel outside the country very often, and it seems I didn't bring the right clothes or anti-nausea medicine."

Several hours after Mazuz's request to return to Israel was published, his bureau responded, "On Saturday morning the members of the delegation continued from Georgia to Armenia, but because I'm religious and keep the sabbath, I arrived at the border after the sabbath ended."

"When I arrived at the border," he continued, "I received guidance from the Security Directorate of the Prime Minister's office not to cross the border due to the security situation in the region, and that the directive may change in the morning. Due to the fact that I wasn't feeling well, and after waiting several hours at the border between Georgia and Armenia, I decided to return to Israel."

"As a public figure, I must follow directives given by security officials, and I acted according to those objectives," he added.

At least 30 people were killed in fighting between Armenian and Azeri forces in the Nagorno-Karabakh region earlier this week. The region has 150 thousand residents of Armenian ethnicity, has its own civil administration, and has been receiving military and financial aid from Armenia since the end of the Nagorno-Karabakh War between Armenia and Azerbaijan ended in 1994
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

NKR and Armenian forces need to stop massing armor in one location- susceptible to drones:

Click image for larger version

Name:	12400991_1666802473581216_5818012631165707207_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	539203
      General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
        NKR and Armenian forces need to stop massing armor in one location- susceptible to drones:

[ATTACH]3046[/ATTACH]
        Again not camo nets!! This bothers me.

Comment

Here is a video and a article on using eagles to kill drones. The answers are there we need to use them.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
            Can someone translate this? Apparently its an Armenian general and for some reason a bunch of turks are sharing it on social media?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zZpPjzEtE0
            I have no idea what he is saying, but this is General Arkady Ter-Tadevosyan;One of the main commanders during the karabakh war.

Comment

Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
              Can someone translate this? Apparently its an Armenian general and for some reason a bunch of turks are sharing it on social media?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zZpPjzEtE0
              Cannot translate but the Azeris are going nuts over this interview- casualties very high and being hidden by the state, etc.
              General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
                Again not camo nets!! This bothers me.
                Someone here mentioned tanks being obsolete- I think its coming true. I guarantee more than half of the tanks lost were not engaged in combat but just sitting around unprotected and easy targets for the Armed UAVs. I hope this is remedied soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeytun View Post
                  I have no idea what he is saying, but this is General Arkady Ter-Tadevosyan;One of the main commanders during the karabakh war.

Komandos!

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                    I think we need a specialized antidrone weapon system for detecting and destroying drones. Jamming signals has limited success as modern variants seem to have radiofree operational abilities.
                    Pantsir is perfect for drones

Comment

OFFICIAL UPDATE:

Defense Ministry 's press center reported summary information
                      Posted on April 6, 2016 by Garik Harutyunyan

Today, April 6, at 7 pm, the press center of the Defense Army, head of the operations branch of the movement in Artsakh border . Colonel Victor Arstamyan the forefront of ceasefire violations by the Azerbaijani side , losses , etc.

Colonel Arustamyan 's information, during the day Azerbaijan continued to occasionally break the cease-fire agreement reached yesterday and shot across the line .Apart from large-caliber machine guns and firearms in particular, to the north of the enemy fired 82 mm mortars, eastern and southern areas of the enemy firing a 60 mm grenade launcher.

North of enemy tanks by shooting, hit the ambulance, which was to bring out the bodies of the deceased. Ambulance crew strike was not in the car at the time, as aresult of crew was not injured.

To the north of the enemy several times to separate groups of about 15 people, 2 positions they tried to take under their control, but they failed. He cannot know mention whether the Azeri army would not allow it because of other Azerbaijanis were unable to establish control of their forces.

Answering " Lele Tepe ' questions on a hill, the chief of the operations branch of the DA said . "That hill was mijdirkayin sector overall positioning systems. It is now even more coordination of our positions , just this small hill occupied by them. Which ( hill -ed ) , I say again , no matter its meaning . "

The head of the Department of Defense Army was not inclined to give special importance to the hill , because according to him, the hill has no strategic or tactical importance.

NKR Defense Army chief presented the Armenian side battles all the days of losses . According to these data , the Armenian forces lost .
                      32 killed , including 8 officers , warrant officers ,
                      121 wounded soldiers , including 24 officers and warrant officers ,
                      25 missing soldiers.

Compared to the previous day's data , the data of the number of soldiers killed and three more than the number of lost soldiers missing . The Defense Department 's clarification , those three missing Lost that have been recognized by the deceased , from which it received the previous day's data changes .

Arstamyann andaraddzel information on the town for the loss of two soldiers and said that they are serving in the armed forces . Currently , according to the colonel, an investigation is underway to determine whether the soldiers were killed in combat or as a result of the interpersonal relations . The colonel expressed the hope that the next conference will be able to clarify this issue.

As for the increase in the number of casualties ( wounded 101 , was celebrated yesterday , today , 121) , then it's Arustamyan , due to the fact that some of the soldiers are only slight injured so this is not a doctor and does not wish to be included in the list of injured .

Asked whether there is evidence that the ranks of the army of mercenaries from Turkey or Turks, Arstamyan said that currently there are no such facts .
                      Asked about Azerbaijan's losses Arstamyan said that work is currently underway lrahetakhuzakan for obtaining this information. But in the same conference. He also noted that the cease-fire hours later, on April 5 in the afternoon, the army did not fire at Azeris and did not even respond to the enemy's shots. This actually reduces the risk of new casualties to the enemy. (Note that at the time of preparation of the 52 soldiers confirm killed Razminfoyin famous Azerbaijani armed forces, although the actual loss of so many are).

It asked that the Azeri reserve ( reserve ) units are brought Colonel Arstamyan said that now the enemy reserve units are located not far from the frontline , operational level , and by the military operations.

Comment

Working...
                      X