Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

my point of view: i always think of 10,20 years ahead, all this argument is invalid, unless your on the ground and your fighting ( maybe some of you are, sorry i dont know)
    Every time when there is a battle we will win it, but eventually sooner or later we gonna loose the war, Y?
    Our population is 3 million, (diaspora is diaspora and we barely take advantage from it ) and based on statistics the number will be around 2.5 million in the next 20-30 years, meanwhile our neighbors one is 85 million (Turkey) and will be 120 in the next 30 40 years, and Azerbaijan is 10 million, will be million.
    Imagine if Armenia's population was 15-25 million what would have changed we had a war situation (military, economically, as a political center)
    So the Diaspora, the government, the Armenian think tankers should come up with the formula how to increase Armenias population and trust me all our problems will fade away!

Comment

Originally posted by gokorik View Post
      Again, I'm not ====
      If tunnels are useless in trying to defend territory, why would the South Korean's use them?
      I'm not aware of detail of situation in South Korea.
      Can't say.

The place you are talking in Talish, the tunnel must have been 500 m long, to connect first and second lines, in rocky + inclided terrain.
      Do you imagine what kind of workforce would you need for a tunnel?
      You have at leat 1000 such points along NKR border.....

Comment

Originally posted by Vrej1915 View Post
        Yavrig, vor aneret Madaghisitz a, mi had hartz dur, togh dan aratche nayi, kani lech a dessel ir atchkov?

To end the tunnel story, just one question: where should the entry and exit of each tunnel be exactly?
        How long and how deep do you imagine it?
        Whit what kind of manpower are we supposed to dig them?
        (we have nor the Viet manpower, nor smooth soil. Most our terrain is rocky 1 or 2 meter deep.... )

And if it is to hide from artillery shelling, normally the blindage is supposed to do that job. What needs to be done is use iron and beton in big quatities, like the germans did when building bunkers.

That makes sense, bur tunnels, certainly not.
        We have had years to build up the defensive line. It would be impossible to build a system in a few months but if we had years it could be done. Even if the soil is rocky I'm not suggesting to use pickaxes and shovels, dedicated machinery and explosives can tunnel through straight rock. Tunnels are built in mountains all the time.
        Where should the entry and exit of each tunnel be? Lol stop trolling. Who am I to say.
        How long and how deep. I'm not an expert but just because I can't answer your question doesn't make you right.

Comment

Can't say.

The place you are talking in Talish, the tunnel must have been 500 m long, to connect first and second lines, in rocky + inclided terrain.
          The tunnels didn't have to be 500 meters long. Just long enough for our soldiers to have emerged from a point where they could have fallen back to the 2nd line out of sight. Then they could have used that same tunnel to sneak back in. This could only happen if the azeri's never discover the tunnel. And that's a big if.

Comment

Originally posted by gokorik View Post
            We have had years to build up the defensive line. It would be impossible to build a system in a few months but if we had years it could be done. Even if the soil is rocky I'm not suggesting to use pickaxes and shovels, dedicated machinery and explosives can tunnel through straight rock. Tunnels are built in mountains all the time.
            Where should the entry and exit of each tunnel be? Lol stop trolling. Who am I to say.
            How long and how deep. I'm not an expert but just because I can't answer your question doesn't make you right.
            Ok, let's put it this way.
            Independent Armenia needed state budget funds for 5 years, to end building Vorotan-Ketchud tunel's 1 Km (total 18 Km , 17 build in soviet era).
            Of course quality and size are much larger... bur nevertheless, since you are talking of montain tunnels...
            You have 1000 strong positions to connect with second lines.
            Average distance is at least 300-500 m, shortest distance
            That makes 300-500 Km in theory.

Evidently you just can't afford it.

Since you are on the defensive, and have no way to decide where the enemy will attack, how do you decide where, among the 1000 strongpoints, you will dig your tunnel.
            How many would you afford.
            If it is 10, or 15, given the teknika necessary, and their uav's, don't you think they will be informed ?
            Do you think they will attack just at the few points you built tunnels?

Comment

Ay dgha, mi had klukhed tap dur, hamaret tchntchi, et herakhosed ver gal, Madaghis zanki, esh esh turss dalutz aratch.
              Give me a call and don't hang up next time. Say hello talk to me. Mi vakhnar , indzi zange. Madaghis zankem? Indzi tiv door he zankem. Vakhgod chem.

Comment

Originally posted by ASALA2116 View Post
                Give me a call and don't hang up next time. Say hello talk to me. Mi vakhnar , indzi zange. Madaghis zankem? Indzi tiv door he zankem. Vakhgod chem.
                Ba Hoooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

This ASALA dude needs to take some chill pill...

Comment

Can't say.

Do you remember Arpa-Sevan Water carying tunnel/ How it was built?
                    It is not very wide, maybe 2-3 meter Dia. It took so many years and enourmous resources. Or metro in yerevan. Again very hard to dig.
                    Unlike Syria, or other place, our soil is just about most dencely packet with boulders in the world.
                    Imagine that we build tunnels on contact line neverthless... After sinking so much resources in it, those tunnels will become a big focal strategic points, which will be relatively easy to overcome. I mean, they dont have to kill every body in it. Just azeris flank those and move ahead and tunnels will be in their rear. The terrain open and since our army cannot get to them, azeris have opportunity to kill lot of our trapped soldiers and score big. Our morale will be killed.
                    Like in Syria, Syrian army goes around over tunnels easily and eventually kills rebels inside. Its just we cannot fight like Syrian rebels or Vietnameeze Vietcong. Because if we give same number of losses as theese two, the war will be over for us. We will loose.

Comment

Ok, let's put it this way.
                      Independent Armenia needed state budget funds for 5 years, to end building Vorotan-Ketchud tunel's 1 Km (total 18 Km , 17 build in soviet era).
                      Of course quality and size are much larger... bur nevertheless, since you are talking of montain tunnels...
                      You have 1000 strong positions to connect with second lines.
                      Average distance is at least 300-500 m, shortest distance
                      That makes 300-500 Km in theory.

Evidently you just can't afford it.

Since you are on the defensive, and have no way to decide where the enemy will attack, how do you decide where, among the 1000 strongpoints, you will dig your tunnel.
                      How many would you afford.
                      If it is 10, or 15, given the teknika necessary, and their uav's, don't you think they will be informed ?
                      Do you think they will attack just at the few points you built tunnels?
                      I'm not a advocating we build km's worth of tunnels in straight rock. My reason for bringing up tunneling in rock is if you can tunnel in rock, you can tunnel in rocky soil. Yes money is a huge issue, but I'm not talking about 100's of kms of tunnels. Short tunnels in the 100-200 meter category on the front line and deeper in out territory much more complicated systems but focused on specific areas. You keep assuming I'm talking about an insane system spanning from one edge of Artsakh to the other.

Comment

Working...
                      X