Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by AbuSindi View Post
    Very cool indeed. I just don't think it's practical. These shoot NATO rounds. Is he going to pay for his own ammo? What happens when he runs out?

Edit: Aren't those AK mags in his vest?
    In that sandy trenches I would much prefer an AK than any western weapon. And I have experience to back up.
    About 2 years ago we were shooting at Ojai range when both our AR15s started jamming up. No matter what we did after every lengthy cleaning (15 minutes at least) only 10-15 rounds later they kept jamming. Jamming, I mean bolts stopped closing fully even after forcing them hard.
    Later, I found out that our ammo was a mix of 5.56 and .223. Both the same round, but one a military and the other cyvilian grade. I think 5.56 being a bit hotter load had done this jamming by dirtying up the pistons.
    I love the AK.
    I have put every kind of ammo, Russian, Bulgarian, Romanian, Serbian, some even I don't know from where and it run everything tru without a hiccup.

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
      I bet all your savings is in Dollars

P.S. I despise the foreign policy of the US
      This is America=we do not have savings we just have debt.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Հայաստանում մայիսի 24-26—ը կկայանա ՀԱՊԿ ՕԱՀՈւ «Կոբալտ 2016» համատեղ վարժանքները
        16:36, 19.05.2016
        Տարածաշրջան:Աշխարհում, Հայաստան, Ռուսաստան
        Թեմա: Քաղաքականություն

Հայաստանում մայիսի 24-26—ը կկայանա ՀԱՊԿ անդամ երկրների ներքին գործերի մարմինների ստորաբաժանումների (ՀԱՊԿ օպերատիվ արձագանքման հավաքական ուժերի հատուկ նշանակության ուժերի միավորման կազմում) «Կոբալտ 2016» համատեղ վարժանքները։

Վարժանքները կընթանան Հայաստան ՊՆ «Բաղրամյան» ուսումնական կենտրոնում։ Վարժանքների ընթացքին կհետեւի ՀԱՊԿ գլխավոր քարտուղար Նիկոլայ Բորդյուժան։

Զորավարժությունների ընթացքում մշակվելու է ՀԱՊԿ անդամ երկրների պայմանական տարածքում ահաբեկչական խմբերի գործունեության կանխման, զենքի, պայթուցիկ նյութերի եւ թմրանյութերի ապօրինի վաճառքի խափանման համատեղ գործողությունների անցկացման կարգը։

ՀԱՊԿ պաշտոնական կայքում ասվում է, որ վարժանքներին մասնակցելու են Բելառուսի, Ղազախստանի, Ղրղզստանի, Ռուսաստանի, Տաջիկստանի ներքին զորքերի ստորաբաժանումները։

Լուրեր Հայաստանից - NEWS.am
        Վարժանքները կընթանան Հայաստան ՊՆ «Բաղրամյան» ուսումնական կենտրոնում...

Comment

ԱՐՑԱԽԻ ՀՅՈՒՍԻՍԱՐԵՎԵԼՅԱՆ ՍԱՀՄԱՆՈՒՄ

Գաղտնիք չէ, որ սահմանում ծառայող զինվորի յուրաքանչյուր պահը սխրանքի է հավասար: Առաջնագծի դժվարին ու վտանգավոր ծառայությունը կոփել է մեր զինվորին և դարձրել նրան ավելի ուժեղ, ավելի վճռական:
          Այս լուսանկարներն արվել են օրվա տարբեր ժամերին, առաջնագծի տարբեր հատվածներում: Գիշեր թե ցերեկ մեր զինվորները զգոն կանգնած են մարտական դիրքերում:

Շարքային Արման Ղազարյան

Լեյտենանտ Առաքելյանը, կրտսեր սերժանտ Նազարյանը, շարքայիններ Մելյանը, Ենգիբարյանը, Գաբրիելյանը

Ես, ինքնաձիգս ու ընկերներս

Լեյտենանտ Սամվել Առաքելյանը հերթափոխն է իրականացնում

Կրտսեր սերժանտ Սերյոժա Սարգսյան

Շարքային Գոռ Նաղդալյան

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            Looks like it's better off in Armenia then
            Last edited by armnuke; 05-19-2016, 07:18 AM.

Comment

USD rate falls below AZN 1.50 for first time after second devaluation - UPDATED

Baku - APA-Economics. Exchange rate of US dollar has fallen below AZN 1.50 for the first time after the second devaluation in December 2015.

APA-Economics reports the USD rate for May 20 was set at AZN 1.4987, while it was AZN 1.5017 in past two days.

Interestingly this process occurred when everyone expected decline in USD rate. So, after the FRS released the minute yesterday, the US dollar started to sharply rise. As a result of this, oil price declined. After release of the minute, national currencies of the developing countries fell about 1% against USD. Along with this, Brent crude dropped 1.1% to $49 a barrel.

However, the western analysts say only Azerbaijani manat preserved its stability: “Manat strengthened 0.41% denying FRS minutes. Though the matter is about a currency directly depending on oil prices, but the oil declined. All currencies depending on oil price have declined. For example, Mexican peso slid 0.76%, Russian ruble 0.63%, Brazilian real 0.6%, Chinese yuan 0.43%, Kazakhstani tenge 0.34%”.

The analysts say the manat strengthened because the stability in Naghorno Karabakh could create optimism in currency traders: “Manat rate was also affected by laying the foundation of TAP”.

The experts think Russian ruble will go up slightly. Azerbaijani manat will preserve its stability. This is due to the fact that the oil price is still remaining higher.

17:35

Baku. Yegane Lachinzade - APA-Economics. Exchange rate of USD against manat for May 20 was set at AZN 1.4987, Central Bank of Azerbaijan told APA-Economics.

The exchange rate of USD for today had been set at 1.5017.

Comment

Originally posted by AbuSindi View Post
                Very cool indeed. I just don't think it's practical. These shoot NATO rounds. Is he going to pay for his own ammo? What happens when he runs out?

Edit: Aren't those AK mags in his vest?
                I've used both AKM and M16s, I'd take the AK no doubt. The NATO 5,56mm is primarily designed to inflict heavy injury, not kill. Really nasty ammunition.

Good question, and those mags he has on him certainly look like AK mags.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                  Sadly enough that's true.
                  If one wants to find out how to squander in one lifetime the greatest fortune ever amassed by any single country, study USA economics.

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
                    M16A203???
                    Must be part of the weapons sent by Dan Bilzerian

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
                      In that sandy trenches I would much prefer an AK than any western weapon. And I have experience to back up.
                      About 2 years ago we were shooting at Ojai range when both our AR15s started jamming up. No matter what we did after every lengthy cleaning (15 minutes at least) only 10-15 rounds later they kept jamming. Jamming, I mean bolts stopped closing fully even after forcing them hard.
                      Later, I found out that our ammo was a mix of 5.56 and .223. Both the same round, but one a military and the other cyvilian grade. I think 5.56 being a bit hotter load had done this jamming by dirtying up the pistons.
                      I love the AK.
                      I have put every kind of ammo, Russian, Bulgarian, Romanian, Serbian, some even I don't know from where and it run everything tru without a hiccup.
                      I agree. I'd pick the AK over any western weapon as well. They're just so reliable. During the Gulf War and the war in Iraq American soldiers would put condoms or finger cots over their barrels to prevent sand from getting in and jamming their weapons.

Was your rifle chambered for 5.56 or .223?

Comment

Working...
                      X