Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Comment

Armenian Army

Comment

Thanks guys for the answer on our tank communication. I cant stress how important that is under fire.

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
        I looked up for Italian Konus Pro F30 8-32×56 scope that Aspar Arms is using on black arrow. It's a bit low end product. It is made in China.
        I have disassembled several scopes and also looked at construction diagrams of several others. There are two key elements in it.
        The lenses and crosshair turrets. Diffrence between cheap and expensive (reliable one) is the construction of turrets and clarity.
        I miself consider turrets to be the most important as it holds the accuracy of cross hair. Some western products have amazing light gathering clarity. But if it cannot hold accuracy then it's worthless.
        If scope is not accurate and POI (point of impact) starts drifting all of a sudden (you can zero it in range and then shots later this can happen) , average army sniper cannot know right away, why is this happening. Is he missing because of his own poor aiming or what.
        This can be tragic.
        I thought that our guys are making night vision equipment allready. From that to rifle scopes is only very short steps. They should make our own.
        The quality high end scopes have turrets made out of cryogenically normalized brass, with super fine pitch threads, a good solid click stopper design, what they call "a plunger", (all made of prime metal materials) and good compression coil springs or highest grade normalized/tempered double leaf spring pushing crosshair against both axis turrets with the same solid pressure regardless of how compressed they are, how many compression cycles they have gone through and how outside temperature changes. Not leaf springs like most Chinese, Russian or who knows which cheap ones have. Most hunting or standard ( not tactical or cheap tactical) scopes have one single leaf spring made out of regular spring stock, pushing crosshair against both axis turrets. After some time, and specially if you are resetting your elevation and windage because of ballistics adjustments at long distances, the spring may change or loose pressure and your zero point (POI)will drift out of accuracy.
        Another thing is the clicker stop. I have seen Chinese use plunger with nylon tip instead of metal tip. When your scope is new, the turrets will turn with sharp clicks and hold very good where you stop. You will think "wow, nice". But soon the clicks get softer even dissapear and the turret may start turning. Specially on big caliber guns.
        Or the turrets will develop a slack ( which I have seen even on brand new Chinese and Warsaw Pact scopes) that translates to 2-4 meter fly out on 1000 meter shot.
        Making a very high quality scope in Armenia is possible. Those special coated lenses can be bought from Singapore, the high grade turret components from Europe or Japan. Then assemble in Armenia.
        The special antifogging gas (Argon, etc.) injection in tube is worldwide old tech now.
        This Konus Pro F30 8-32×56 is valued at $600.00 in markets. A NATO sniper (navy seal) grade scopes are valued at $5000.00 and up (most have export restrictions).
        In Armenia a similar grade scope can be built for $1000.00 each.
        Get a joint enterprise with Russia (they too buy scopes from around because domestic ones are sh I t) and make them in Armenia.
        Added bonus will be worldwide export and diversification into civilian products like binoculars, surveying/measuring equipment.
        Excellent post.
        I had scopes on my AK that the barrel would crack and break on me and would never hold zero ($200 to $400 scopes). I mean for God sake the AK doesn't even have a strong recoil. Then I have a scope around $700 which was a drag to zero but finally so far its performing good, but you gotta baby it and not that trustworthy in battle for targets beyond 300 yrds. I am hitting man chest size targets up to 600yrds with it.

I trust my EO-520 red dot with my life and that baby csn stand lots of abuse and accurate 2MOA at 300 yrds.

Some scopes even after zeroing once removed and reinstalled on the AK rail you have to Kentucky windage it. I normally never turn dials for elevation or windage, just hold for distance and guess on wind.....up to 600yrds.

Unless you have those $5000 scopes, I wouldn't put too much accuracy expectations on the sight.

Nothi g like iron sights once you get good at it.......even up to 400yrds. Any further, yes, you need to put a $5000 scope on a $800 rifle.
        Last edited by Eddo211; 10-25-2016, 08:44 PM.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
          Ok I like the be ready for war if you want peace perspective there but I do not like the constant comparisons to hryastan which this guest speaker and many others including members here continue to make. He states that our scenario is less like Crimea and more like hryastan but what is he basing this on? He also makes an assumption that if the oligarchs would stop stealing that alone would give us the economic resources to not just acquire enough weapons to protect ourselves but also to liberate the rest of Artsakh and some. He ignores many obvious problems and makes countless assumptions based on nothingness. Even if we had the money to buy lets say Iskader missiles, we would not be able to get them if we pissed the Rusians off. No one else has these weapons and we all saw the panic they instill in our enemy by his reactions. I believe this guest has a simplified vision of things which do not conform to our reality.
          This had nothing to do with Israel except possibly “perpetual war” scenario.
          Nothing to do with Iskander
          Nothing to do with Russia.

It was all about negotiations for “peace”.
          We are negotiating with the Azeri with no intention of giving any land back, at least that is what the people want.
          We are forgetting what the Madrid principles say.
          We are for forgetting what we agreed during Kazan negotiations before the Sultan decided it was not enough and wanted more.

The farcical is
          We are negotiating for peace despite daily sniping and killings on the front line.
          We are having negotiations while we are having mini wars.
          We are having new agreements of Vienna and St. Petersburg but the Azeri don’t give a hoot about it.

Our leadership understands all the contradiction and obligations of the above.
          It appears their only solution is to play for time before we hit the buffers.
          On the one hand the people are hood winked with the terms Karabagh and Artsakh regarding giving back territories.
          On the other the international community is is hoodwinked by our flexibility to keep negotiations alive.

Our only saviour is the Sultan who has adopted a maximalist stance in his demands giving us easy way out by rejecting those demands.
          This suits us as far as playing for time.

What if Sultan plays a conciliatory stance, even for show.

As far as the the analyst having a simplified vision, he certainly is not a simple person.
          I would have said he was overambitious in his vision.
          It is a bit like the mind and the body are not in sync.
          To have the body we need leaders of substance, no such leaders are visible on the horizon.
          Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
          Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
          Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Good point Londontsi

Why are we Armenians are our worst enemy? Even more than turks.
            Is it because of what we have indured, lost, old leaders who set our fate of today, we are easier target then others to ourselves, our wide wide devisions, east, west, diaspora, armenia, artsakh, where you from, what kind of armenian u are, is it our church? you are a turk, i am reall armenian, etc.

One think we can learn from turks is their strong unshackble, almost unhuman unity.

We will fail unless we do something about it. Only new generation can, ignoring correcting old thinking and concentrate on future.
            One more beer and i will have the solution.
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
              This had nothing to do with Israel except possibly “perpetual war” scenario.
              Nothing to do with Iskander
              Nothing to do with Russia.

It was all about negotiations for “peace”.
              We are negotiating with the Azeri with no intention of giving any land back, at least that is what the people want.
              We are forgetting what the Madrid principles say.
              We are for forgetting what we agreed during Kazan negotiations before the Sultan decided it was not enough and wanted more.

The farcical is
              We are negotiating for peace despite daily sniping and killings on the front line.
              We are having negotiations while we are having mini wars.
              We are having new agreements of Vienna and St. Petersburg but the Azeri don’t give a hoot about it.

Our leadership understands all the contradiction and obligations of the above.
              It appears their only solution is to play for time before we hit the buffers.
              On the one hand the people are hood winked with the terms Karabagh and Artsakh regarding giving back territories.
              On the other the international community is is hoodwinked by our flexibility to keep negotiations alive.

Our only saviour is the Sultan who has adopted a maximalist stance in his demands giving us easy way out by rejecting those demands.
              This suits us as far as playing for time.

What if Sultan plays a conciliatory stance, even for show.

As far as the the analyst having a simplified vision, he certainly is not a simple person.
              I would have said he was overambitious in his vision.
              It is a bit like the mind and the body are not in sync.
              To have the body we need leaders of substance, no such leaders are visible on the horizon.
              In regards to Iskadar and Russia, those topics are important because they give you a window into the mind of this person and how he thinks. They show some obvious flaws there. As for negotiations, I think both sides are just pretending there. Using words like "overambitious" hides the fact that this is a very dangerous attitude to have in regards to a state's security. We need realism and anything else will put us on the road to bad decision making. Leaders of substance are hard to find because such people do not get ahead in this world and the ones that do will be eliminated due to the threat they pose to the selfinterests of the elites that rule. Some of the issues Armenia faces are at least in part the results of the brain drains the country has experienced after the collapse of the soviet union.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                Good point Londontsi

Why are we Armenians are our worst enemy? Even more than turks.
                Is it because of what we have indured, lost, old leaders who set our fate of today, we are easier target then others to ourselves, our wide wide devisions, east, west, diaspora, armenia, artsakh, where you from, what kind of armenian u are, is it our church? you are a turk, i am reall armenian, etc.

One think we can learn from turks is their strong unshackble, almost unhuman unity.

We will fail unless we do something about it. Only new generation can, ignoring correcting old thinking and concentrate on future.
                One more beer and i will have the solution.
                Turks hate them or love them , are Nationalists and they will jump off a bridge if there Imam orders it .
                Armenians are only nationalists in the Diaspora and that is because if they were to come to Armenia , that nationalism will die . Some of these Armenians in Armenia are honestly a disgrace and need to go deep river with solid concrete posts into Sevan , Garen Demirjian style. We need to teach the new generation that our enemy is these Turks and Azeris and they want to kill us , so the survival of our nation depends on them . Its as simple as that, as its the truth .

Comment

Strategic military exercises with live fire have taken place in the 4th Army Corps of the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Armenia

24 OCTOBER 2016
                  In accordance with the 2016 preparation plan of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Armenia, the staff of one of the motor infantry military bases under the command of the 4th army corps carried out strategic military exercises with live fire from October 17th to October 21st.

The theme of the exercise was bringing the regiment to a high level of combat preparedness, implementation of a military march and occupation of the centralized region, preparation and conduct of defensive combat operations, and transition to offensive combat operations during direct contact with the adversary.

The live firing stage of the military exercise took place on October 20th. Artillery, anti-aircraft, and other resources were implemented in order to halt the progress of the theoretical adversary, destroy its military forces, and repel it. As a result of correct strategy, accurate firing, and harmonized actions by the subdivisions, all previously set goals were successfully completed.

Such military exercises enhance coordination between subdivisions, field preparedness, the professional-strategic skills of the staff, and the abilities of the commanding staff.
                  In accordance with the 2016 preparation plan of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Armenia, the staff of one of the motor infantry military bases under the command of the 4th army corps carried out strategic military exercises with live fire from October 17th to October 21st.

Comment

Comment

Հոկտեմբերի 26-ին հակառակորդի կրակոցից զոհվել է ՊԲ զինծառայող

Comment

Working...
                      X