Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Originally posted by ArmSurvival View Post
    Yes, this is one of the main things that drive women towards feminism-- When they believe that they are shackled down and the only way to free themselves is to completely rebel against the status quo. From what I can tell, thats exactly what happened in America, where for years women were told to stay in their place and shut their mouths...
    You bring up an important point. Feeling as though Armenia and Armenian society value and respect women would go a long way toward encouraging the sorts of fond feelings and national pride that would compel women to fight its betterment and protection.

Further, we should also consider the fact that children are raised by TWO parents. Having BOTH parents set this kind of example for their children would also encourage more children to follow their parents' example.
    [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Re: Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Originally posted by Hye View Post

So in conclusion we can't look to the western society and say it is the best choice and implement it as it is. neither we should look at the east ones implement that as it is and not even look at ourselves and keep on doing what we are doing now. My opinon is to make our Armenian sociologist to do seriouse research and come up with answeres, Armenian formula that will exploit the potential that women have (they present around 50% of Armenian population Im not saying women are smarter or vice versa its pure statistics) in the mean time not to decrease our birthrate and keep this studies going every once and a while for adjustment in the right direction
      The reason western society doesn't have to rely on its existing population to increase in birthrates is because it is constantly migrating people from less fortunate parts of the world (which is usually due to its own political actions).
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

I would also like to mention that a large part of the students of the universities in Armenia are girls. It would be a pity (and waste of money and potential) if we do not use their knowledge.

Except from those 1.5 million Armenian women in Armenia, we can win the hearts of more than 5 million Armenian women in the Diaspora. There are far more advantages than disadvantages.

The birth rate in Armenia is not high right now (we are not like muslims, besides it is as high, or low, as in European countries), I even want to claim that if Armenian women become more involved in our society, politics, economy, military, this will lead to the growth of our population. We just have to have strict laws protecting the women who are pregnant and create a strong pro-children policy.

I want to suggest to read some of Monte Melkonian's (our great hero) book where he treats women and man as equals and talks about the HUGE potential of our women.

It is foolish to think that we men teach norms and values to our women. They are not Armenian because we dictate them, they are Armenian because Armenian blood runs through their veins. We are equals! They are as much concerned about the well-being of our country as we do, they are as much concerned about the preservation of our Armenian heritage as we do. We do not have to force women to study, be a professor, to go to the front line, but we must give them every opportunity to do so and promote the integration of women into our society.

Long live Armenian women!
        Last edited by Tigranakert; 02-04-2010, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post

The birth rate in Armenia is not high right now (we are not like muslims, besides it is as high, or low, as in European countries), I even want to claim that if Armenian women become more involved in our society, politics, economy, military, this will lead to the growth of our population. We just have to have strict laws protecting the women who are pregnant and create a strong pro-children policy.
          If integration into these roles leads to the betterment of conditions in Armenia, it would provide more incentive to diasporans to move to Armenia, so in that way at the very least the population of Armenia would see growth.
          [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
          -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

I agree with Tigranakert. And I love Armenian women, fyi
            For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
            to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
              You mean you never got the "I brought you into this world, I can take you out" speech from your father?

I think every woman in Armenia should dress like Xena: Warrior Princess

Yeh i got that speech but i could run way faster then him.
              Zena was HOTT!!
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Is this thread a joke?

Two words

Women and Kitchen

'nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Pazooki View Post
                  Is this thread a joke?

Two words

Women and Kitchen

'nuff said.
                  Even in ancient Armenia you and Mos would be outdated. You know nothing about our women in our history. Such a shame that this stupid attitude exists in our young people.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Well you guys had to put up the picture of Xena.....and I live in Hollywood.

Mariam Chilingirian

Yeghisapeth Najarian - Yotneghperian

Khanem Ketenjian

Sose Mairig

Last edited by Eddo211; 02-04-2010, 08:53 PM.
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

God created female human/animals primarily for giving birth to children, taking care of them, feeding with milk and ensuring sustainability of the kind of creatures.

Is this thread going to make extinct the mammals population? Because here female are not supposed primarily doing things, God advised. FYI: male can’t do it on their behalf, for leaving female more time doing other things.
                      Last edited by gegev; 02-04-2010, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X