Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

I think someone is PMS-ing

Comment

Re: Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Originally posted by Yedtarts View Post
      I think someone is PMS-ing
      This is what people say when they are intelectually bankrupt and have been badly beaten in a argument.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

This is what sexism leads to. Let others lead the way for hetamnatsutiun, we can do things better than this.

IN TURKEY, GIRL BURIED ALIVE FOR TALKING TO BOYS

press tv
        Fri, 05 Feb 2010 18:22:18 GMT

The hole where the girl was buried alive

The body of a 16-year-old Turkish girl has been discovered after
        being buried alive by relatives in an "honor" killing carried out as
        punishment for talking to boys.

Police discovered the body after receiving an anonymous tip.

The police was told that the girl was killed after a family council
        meeting, and had been buried under a chicken pen.

Police say that the girl had complained two months earlier that her
        grandfather beat her for talking to boys.

The girl was identified by her initials, and was said to have large
        amounts of soil in her stomach and lungs.

"The autopsy result is blood-curdling. According to our findings,
        the girl - who had no bruises on her body and no sign of narcotics
        or poison in her blood - was alive and fully conscious when she was
        buried," an unnamed expert said, Huffington Post reported.

Police have arrested her mother, father and grandfather who had
        reported her as missing.

Official figures indicate that more than 200 honor killings take
        place in Turkey each year.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Actually, nobody really won the argument. The only specific roles that were mentioned in this thread was by a woman
          "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            This is what people say when they are intelectually bankrupt and have been badly beaten in a argument.
            Ok..... we get it now! You’re the smartest, and you’re intellectually the Britannica encyclopedia, no one can challenge you, even can come close to you in knowing things, you’re the wisdom itself. You’re the beginning and the end, you’re the Alfa and the Omega, Can you get down off your high horse now?

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
              This is what sexism leads to. Let others lead the way for hetamnatsutiun, we can do things better than this.

IN TURKEY, GIRL BURIED ALIVE FOR TALKING TO BOYS

press tv
              Fri, 05 Feb 2010 18:22:18 GMT

The hole where the girl was buried alive

The body of a 16-year-old Turkish girl has been discovered after
              being buried alive by relatives in an "honor" killing carried out as
              punishment for talking to boys.

Police discovered the body after receiving an anonymous tip.

The police was told that the girl was killed after a family council
              meeting, and had been buried under a chicken pen.

Police say that the girl had complained two months earlier that her
              grandfather beat her for talking to boys.

The girl was identified by her initials, and was said to have large
              amounts of soil in her stomach and lungs.

"The autopsy result is blood-curdling. According to our findings,
              the girl - who had no bruises on her body and no sign of narcotics
              or poison in her blood - was alive and fully conscious when she was
              buried," an unnamed expert said, Huffington Post reported.

Police have arrested her mother, father and grandfather who had
              reported her as missing.

Official figures indicate that more than 200 honor killings take
              place in Turkey each year.
              We can point to the thousands of shocking crimes that are committed in the U.S. too. Things like boyfriends taking baseball bats to their pregnant teenage ex girlfriends, gang rapes outside of school functions. The media can twist the story any which way it wants. When it happens in America, all the newscasters seem shocked and "oh, that's wrong, blah, blah, blah" but everyone knows why it happens, they just turn the other way and let the "authorities" handle it. You know as well as I do, those aren't Armenian values. Most Armenian fathers and grandparents love their offspring, in fact we have a tendency to spoil the daughters. At least in and around the communities that I've been exposed to.
              "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Yedtarts View Post
                Ok..... we get it now! You’re the smartest, and you’re intellectually the Britannica encyclopedia, no one can challenge you, even can come close to you in knowing things, you’re the wisdom itself. You’re the beginning and the end, you’re the Alfa and the Omega, Can you get down off your high horse now?
                Nah i just use my brain instead of recycling bullkaka.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
                  It takes brains to make a good wife and mother. You guys speak as though women in Armenia are uneducated, oppressed weaklings who are not allowed to do anything. How wrong you are. Stupid women don't make good wives, and they make terrible mothers.

Men lead, women follow and lean on men. That's what they want no matter how much you try to push them forward. Given the opportunity almost all women would chose to be a wife and mother (so long as her husband is well-endowed with money). Why else do you think early feminists emphasized that women should not be able to chose between homemaking and working as too many women will chose the former. Women want opportunities without the burdens, the rights without the responsibilities, they want privilege and equality.

Here is a little metaphor your all of you champions of the female cause.

He has a wife and he seems happy. Sometimes she complains that she hasn't enough to do at home, after all, they have yet to have kids, and frozen dinners don't take long to cook. One day he decides to surprise her and starts to give her 200$ in weekly spending money so she can go and do whatever she wants. She is happy. She thanks him every time for the first few months, then after that she stays quite. One day she decides to get a job. He thinks its a great idea, as it would benefit the family finances and take some of the stress from his shoulders. The second she starts working she demands that he do half the housework because working AND homemaking is too much for her, and he has to help her as well. He is rational, thinks about it and decides it's very fair. Why shouldn't he help out with housework, after all she'll be contributing to the family income so it's the right thing to do.
                  She gets a job, but to his surprise starts spending on herself. After all, the way she sees it, she worked for it, so it's her money. He's still doing half the housework, but the stress of money-stretching is still there. After a few months he gets frustrated with her and asks her to contribute some of her earnings into the family savings account.
                  She gets angry and rants "Why, it's my money, why should I share it with you, you have a job, you get money as well. Do you know how hard I have to work for my money. I want to treat myself."
                  He gets frustrated, but says nothing. Instead, he decides to stop giving her money weekly, as she now has a job.
                  The second he stops, she comes at him concerned and asks "Honey, is everything OK with our finances, I noticed you didn't give me my $200."
                  He says "Everything's fine, I just decides that since you just have a job and your own money, the $200 a month would do better in a savings account instead."
                  She grunts, complains, but says nothing more. A few weeks go by and she starts to miss the money she used to get. It just doesn't feel as good when she has to spend more of the money that SHE had earned.
                  So goes to him and out of nowhere explodes on her husband "You don't appreciate me enough, after all I do for you, you don't even want to treat me. Is that how much you care about me?"
                  Her husband responds "But I pay the mortgage, the car loan. I pay for our food, and all other costs associated with living. Isn't that enough?"
                  She responds "No, you're supposed to do that anyway, you're a man. I'm your wife, you're supposed to treat me sometimes?" It's a losing battle.

The moral of the story is rights come AFTER responsibilities. One must abandon all privilege to ask for rights, and rights cannot be granted until responsibilities associated with those rights are guaranteed to be performed.

If you truly want equality, then do everyone a favor and ask and convince every woman to give up the privileges traditional afforded to women. See how many of them say yes to that. Then, and only then start speaking about rights, as when one is not accustomed to privilege, one can start accepting responsibilities and asking for rights.
                  No you are basing your opinion on what is defined to you by Industrial and Judeo Christian society, before that, the role of women differed, particularly in Armenia and amongst early Aryans, the same applies to modern day Mexicans and original Nahuatls, you assume all civilizations functioned the same

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro Xaramillo View Post
                    No you are basing your opinion on what is defined to you by Industrial and Judeo Christian society, before that, the role of women differed, particularly in Armenia and amongst early Aryans, the same applies to modern day Mexicans and original Nahuatls, you assume all civilizations functioned the same
                    Yeah, and now you know why those civilizations failed. We're at that threshold now. How does it feel?

Comment

By being conquered by Anglo Saxons and Judeo-Christian religion...wait I think I might see a point there

Comment

Working...
                      X