Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

I don't understand why some of you people are so sexist, not to mention awfully racist, which also some of you are, and at the same time. I guess it all comes in the same package.

The thing here is that women play an important role in our society and they have always done, whether you like it or not, they have succeed in all fields as well as men have. They have defended our homeland and have died for the freedom of our people, and they will do it again if it's needed.

Far away are the times when women could be only what men wanted them to be, when men went to work and women stay at home taking care of the children, not receiving education because they didn't need it. Those times are gone, and they will never come back.

Now, what do you think? That if women receive the same rights and the same equality to men they will all become who*res? So every women has a who*re inside ready to come out if they have the chance, right? So there are not decent women who respect themselves, right? That includes every women? Even your mothers, your sisters, your wifes and daughters (if you have)?
    Listen to yourselves! I don't say every women is decent, there are a bunch of who*es all around, they are sadly the majority some times, but that doesn't mean every single women is the same. There are decent, respectful women that can handle responsibilities greater than being a wife and mother, and succeed in it.

Women, and men, in the West are so f*cked up because Western society is much more liberal and tolerant towards things that have always been present in our society. Society has always been corrupted and dirty, the only thing is some centuries ago those things were terribly bad seen, because every single person was a hidden sanctimonious, they also committed disgusting things but they kept them hidden so nobody would found out. In Western society, the only thing that happened is that those people that had to keep their dirtiness hidden now could openly talk about it and show it to the world and feel no shame about it.

Why don't we listen to the opinion of the women on this forum instead of being here saying who can do something and who cannot? They have a word too, where are they?
    Last edited by ashot24; 02-05-2010, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Re: Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

where are they?
      Good question indeed!
      Thats is very original of you kanadahye, you cant win a argument thus you try to get personal. That road takes you to a muckuch end, is that what you really want for yourself?
      If i was doing what is popular here i would be a racist-sexist pig to but..
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
        where are they?
        Good question indeed!
        Thats is very original of you kanadahye, you cant win a argument thus you try to get personal. That road takes you to a muckuch end, is that what you really want for yourself?
        If i was doing what is popular here i would be a racist-sexist pig to but..
        I wasn't getting personal... I was sarcastically trying to get a point across.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by gegev View Post
          God created female human/animals primarily for giving birth to children, taking care of them, feeding with milk and ensuring sustainability of the kind of creatures.

Is this thread going to make extinct the mammals population? Because here female are not supposed primarily doing things, God advised. FYI: male can’t do it on their behalf, for leaving female more time doing other things.
          Actually lions are mammals and the female takes the role in the hunting...and the national symbol of Armenia is a lion so

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
          You mean you never got the "I brought you into this world, I can take you out" speech from your father?

I think every woman in Armenia should dress like Xena: Warrior Princess

I think this should have a petition started, where do you sign, is there are process to go by yet? Are there any women willing to try to model these for us

Comment

Sorry for the question I just want to ask people using this term female wh0res can you define what do you mean by this please? you people seem to use this term alot just wanna know what do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Hye View Post
              Sorry for the question I just want to ask people using this term female wh0res can you define what do you mean by this please? you people seem to use this term alot just wanna know what do you mean?
              A female wh0re is like a male wh0re except more intelligent. It's in the dictionary, can't miss it.
              "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Sorry Kanadahye but I missed it because I can't believe what I'm hereing in this forum people saying if women start to work and persue careers and high positions they will become female wh0res I just want some elaboration what does this term mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Hye View Post
                  Sorry Kanadahye but I missed it because I can't believe what I'm hereing in this forum people saying if women start to work and persue careers and high positions they will become female wh0res I just want some elaboration what does this term mean?
                  Oh.. well, in America (and surrounding environments) a lot of women (not all) sleep with the boss and/or coworkers to get to higher positions. This is mostly due to their permiscuous culture in high school and college in addition to their bosses/coworkers at work being scumbags. Just an observation.

Comment

Originally posted by ashot24 View Post
                    I don't understand why some of you people are so sexist, not to mention awfully racist, which also some of you are, and at the same time. I guess it all comes in the same package.
                    Let's not delve into personal attacks and accuse anyone with a differing opinion to yours as racist or sexist (Mind I remind you, that's how women, who lack the intellectual capacity to argue, argue.)

The thing here is that women play an important role in our society and they have always done, whether you like it or not, they have succeed in all fields as well as men have. They have defended our homeland and have died for the freedom of our people, and they will do it again if it's needed.
                    Yes, no one disagrees that women play an important role in our society. They have the important role of being a wife and a mother, which is necessary for a society to progress. Without mothers there would be no new offspring and society will decay. As far as defending our homeland, yes, there have been some women who have done so, but they are the exception and not the rule.
                    I ask you, go to Armenia and ask women if they would like to be drafted to the army and hear every single one of them say nay. Until women are ready to give up the privileges afforded to them, because of a traditional society, they are not ready for legal and social equality with men.

Far away are the times when women could be only what men wanted them to be, when men went to work and women stay at home taking care of the children, not receiving education because they didn't need it. Those times are gone, and they will never come back.
                    I think you have a completely misquoted conception of Armenia which is probably, because of your liberal-influenced western education. Armenia has plenty of very educated women, it's just that when given the choice between slaving their whole life or being a wife and a mother, they decide the "empower" men with the slaving role.

Now, what do you think? That if women receive the same rights and the same equality to men they will all become who*res? So every women has a who*re inside ready to come out if they have the chance, right? So there are not decent women who respect themselves, right? That includes every women? Even your mothers, your sisters, your wifes and daughters (if you have)?
                    As I've said before, in order to achieve "social equality" for women, the role of man and woman in a society must be gotten rid of. This means to dilute the line that separates male values from female values; thus, get into a situation where it's not clear what a man and what a woman is supposed to be. A woman that wants to get into areas of male influence must first abandon her female values and roles and in essence become a men. But most women want to keep their female privilege, get the benefits of being a men and have none of the responsibilities. In essence, they just want more privilege. That's not equality, just more inequality.

Listen to yourselves! I don't say every women is decent, there are a bunch of who*es all around, they are sadly the majority some times, but that doesn't mean every single women is the same. There are decent, respectful women that can handle responsibilities greater than being a wife and mother, and succeed in it.
                    Pray tell me, exactly where did you get the idea that a woman that wh*res around does not respect herself? Ask one, and see what she says. Almost all women will say they respect themselves. To them, wh*ring around is perfectly acceptable. You may not find it respectful, but she doesn't care about what you think, just what other women think. And if other women find it ok, then it's ok for her.
                    See, the idea of respect is something invented by man, and thus man himself understands it much better than a woman. To a woman respect is something that revolves around her and her group of women. Not universal, but completely local to her surroundings. You can't use the same criteria for respect as hers are completely different from yours, and each woman will have different criteria.
                    Just by calling a wh*rish woman as someone who doesn't respect herself you are using your criteria to judge her, which is essentially what you claim as wrong (since earlier you said you can't expect women to behave how men want).

Women, and men, in the West are so f*cked up because Western society is much more liberal and tolerant towards things that have always been present in our society. Society has always been corrupted and dirty, the only thing is some centuries ago those things were terribly bad seen, because every single person was a hidden sanctimonious, they also committed disgusting things but they kept them hidden so nobody would found out. In Western society, the only thing that happened is that those people that had to keep their dirtiness hidden now could openly talk about it and show it to the world and feel no shame about it.
                    Read my previous post. Western society wasn't always as it is now. Just 60 years ago one wouldn't think of using profanity in front of a woman and would not tolerate profanity from a woman.

Just 50 years ago, no one would dare say divorce with no fault is a right. In fact, divorce was still considered dishonorable to the family.

Just 40 years ago, people would shame women who had abortions.

Just 30 years ago, society was vehemently against homosexuality (the anti-gay protests of the late 70's and 80s ring a bell?)

And just 25 years ago, one would think it monstrous if a woman made a false allegation of abuse to throw her husband in jail, sought a restraining order, then filed for divorce when he was still in jail to make sure she got the house, the car(s) and full custody of the kids, while the husband, who still loved his wife, could not comprehend what kind of a monster would do all that.
                    But now, that's standard practice, and the first thing a divorce attorney tells a woman is to get a restraining order.

Alas, changes happen slowly, but they surely do

--------------------------------------------------

Finally, I'm going to point out the following about our Armenian culture.

Why Armenian men refrain from using profanity around Armenian women?
                    Why Armenian men open doors for Armenian women?
                    Why Armenian men give their seats to Armenian women?
                    Why Armenian men protect Armenian women?
                    Why Armenian men work their whole lives for Armenian women?
                    Why Armenian men go to war and die for Armenian women?
                    Why Armenian women let Armenian men do all that for them?

Trust me, it's not because there is a belief that women are social, physical and legal equals of men. We know that men and women are different, and as a result we recognize that women WANT to lean on men, and because we respect and love our women so, we LET them lean on us.

If you want true equality, remove all of these social peculiarities and see how many women object to it.

Just some food for thought.
                    Last edited by levon; 02-05-2010, 03:44 PM.

Comment

^
                      You obviously didn't understand me. But it's okay, I've read such quantity of nonsense all around I don't care anymore. I am not attacking anybody, I respect what people have to say, but I just won't shut up to some people here saying some of the things I've read. Yet again, they have the right to talk and if they want to F me...do it I will be happy to read it.

The only thing I am saying is that men and women should be equal and given the same opportunities to find their way in life, and no one can say whether that is right or wrong or what would it bring to society, we don't know that, what you say it's just mere speculations. If you believe we have a solid example by judging how it has turned out so far, then you are wrong. In order to judge what it would happen we would need centuries.

But yet again what you say is right, in order to be equal both men and women have to give up some things that are part of our millenarian society, and of course both will not be willing to do such things, so any chance to get "equality" in the entire sense of the word is very unlikely...but that does not mean that we cannot start by something or at least do some change.

I don't say we don't need women to be mothers and raise children, that's important for our society...but men can do as well. In fact, many men do as well. In the raising of the children, women commit a lot of mistakes, great part of men being such sexists and "machos" is because of the women's fault. Since we are children, specially if you have a sister, you will see how a mother treats the boy and the girl differently...since they are children, the female figure of the house will brainwash the girl so that she will play with Barbies (or dolls in any case) and be cute and girly, and while the boy has to play with trucks and action figures and be tough. The girls must learn how to cook, how to wash the dishes, you understand what I am saying? If the girl goes the other way around she's a 'tomboy' and if the boy goes the other way around he's 'nancy, and it doesn't necessarily has to be like that. Women are expected to marry and become mothers, and if they don't they are consider by everybody and by themselves they have not fulfilled their paper as women. This is how we are all raised up, and this is why society doesn't changes, we are brought up with wrong ideas, and in some cases prejudices, since childhood so what can we expect to be when we grow up?

Where I live we have a saying: (Spanish) "Machismo se escribe con M de Mujer" ("Machismo is written with M of Women" "Mujer" = "Women", I know it makes not a lot of sense when translated but the idea is there.)

And for your information I didn't have a "liberal-influenced Western education", I live in Ecuador, which geographically it's in the West hemisphere, but in the education you get is not liberal at all, it's very rooted to traditions and centenary customs, it resembles points of Armenian tradition when referring to men and women, saving the differences of course, not to mention it is also a very poor country.
                      Last edited by ashot24; 02-05-2010, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X