Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
    Do you know how many wifes one of the greatest conquers in the world had close to two hundred. Powerful men are the ones that love xxxxx as much as they love power. Even popes back then had many wife and mistresses some of them had 8 to ten children. So tell me what has changed from then till now?
    what you fail to appreciate is the change in priority. the enslavement to sexual desire characterizes the times of civilization collapse.

Comment

• Re: Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Do you know how many wifes one of the greatest conquers in the world had close to two hundred. Powerful men are the ones that love xxxxx as much as they love power. Even popes back then had many wife and mistresses some of them had 8 to ten children. So tell me what has changed from then till now?
      It's one thing to chase p@ssy after you have power, it's another when you are still a nobody.
      In the first case you have power and get p@ssy. In the second case you become a loser.

First you get da money. When you get da money you get da power. When you get da power, then you get da woman.

Comment

Epilogue: The Wife of Noble Character

10 A wife of noble character who can find?
        She is worth far more than rubies.
        11 Her husband has full confidence in her
        and lacks nothing of value.
        12 She brings him good, not harm,
        all the days of her life.
        13 She selects wool and flax
        and works with eager hands.
        14 She is like the merchant ships,
        bringing her food from afar.
        15 She gets up while it is still night;
        she provides food for her family
        and portions for her female servants.
        16 She considers a field and buys it;
        out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
        17 She sets about her work vigorously;
        her arms are strong for her tasks.
        18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
        and her lamp does not go out at night.
        19 In her hand she holds the distaff
        and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
        20 She opens her arms to the poor
        and extends her hands to the needy.
        21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
        for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
        22 She makes coverings for her bed;
        she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
        23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
        where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
        24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
        and supplies the merchants with sashes.
        25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
        she can laugh at the days to come.
        26 She speaks with wisdom,
        and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
        27 She watches over the affairs of her household
        and does not eat the bread of idleness.
        28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
        her husband also, and he praises her:
        29 “Many women do noble things,
        but you surpass them all.”
        30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
        but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
        31 Honor her for all that her hands have done,
        and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

Sayings of King Lemuel - The sayings of King Lemuel—an inspired utterance his mother taught him. Listen, my son! Listen, son of my womb! Listen, my son, the answer to my prayers! Do not spend your strength on women, your vigor on those who ruin kings. It is not for kings, Lemuel— it is not for kings to drink wine, not for rulers to crave beer, lest they drink and forget what has been decreed, and deprive all the oppressed of their rights.

Comment

Originally posted by gkv View Post
          i don't exactly think life is candy, if only based on my own experience.
          destructive forces you have to counterbalance in your own very little sphere of action by setting positive examples, examples people can draw inspiration from. other than that, there is little you can do to influence others.
          Agreed, but turning the other cheek doesn't work when there are forces actively involved in f@cking everything up.

if you succeed in building a strong family and raising children, that will already be a commendable achievement. all the rest is pointless talk. and i think you know that for you do not seem to lack intelligence.
          Sorry. Building a strong family and raising children is something that has been done over and over as long as civilization has existed. No man can reach his full potential if he starts and stops with that.
          Last edited by levon; 04-07-2011, 11:24 AM.

Comment

what you fail to appreciate is the change in priority. the enslavement to sexual desire characterizes the times of civilization collapse.
            Yeah the pax-Romana and the high middle ages were were times of civilization collapse? I would say the Victorian era was the real time of collapse.
            Originally posted by levon View Post
            It's one thing to chase p@ssy after you have power, it's another when you are still a nobody. In the high day of Greek civilization the temples of Aphrodite were brothels.
            In the first case you have power and get p@ssy. In the second case you become a loser.
            Well back the it was easier for you regular Joe to get xxxxx, you go with your lord ans pillage some villages and rape some girls while you are there, no it's much more difficult for the regular Joe they have to ask for it

Comment

Yeah the pax-Romana and the high middle ages were were times of civilization collapse? I would say the Victorian era was the real time of collapse.

Well back the it was easier for you regular Joe to get xxxxx, you go with your lord ans pillage some villages and rape some girls while you are there, no it's much more difficult for the regular Joe they have to ask for it
              Only in the movies Women always had fathers and brothers and they were all armed back in the good old days.
              "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Depends on how you look at it. She wash her father-in-laws feet, and when there's trouble, he sacrifices his life for his daughter in law.
                The point is that those men who want their feet washed by their brides, put such demands thinking women are inferior beings compared to them/men. Second, how many of them may be in real troubling, risky situations to sacrifice their lives? Even if they are, why force women to do such stuff to compensate for that? Aren’t there other methods to show gratitude?

If a woman couldn't work, or take care of herself, and didn't demand equality, then it would be fine. But when you mix privilege with "pamper" you get hell. That's why what you describe worked in more traditional times, but doesn't anymore.
                It still works for some sane people. But what would work better now, in your opinion? I would like to know.

That's right. But I bet men would come to your defense, whereas very few, if any, women will take to men's defense.
                I would Levon!
                But on a serious note, don't you think a woman/girl would need more of this 'protection'/'defense' by a man based on her emotional, psychological and even biological structure which is different than that of a man?
                Last edited by Lucin; 04-07-2011, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                  Only in the movies Women always had fathers and brothers and they were all armed back in the good old days.
                  the funny thing was that 40 men could conquer a village of 400, Vikings did that more than enough and most people the only real weapons that they had wasn't anything compared to those that dared to attack them.

Comment

Sorry. Building a strong family and raising children is something that has been done over and over as long as civilization has existed. No man can reach his full potential if he starts and stops with that.
                    Yes and no... I think every great man needs to leave behind a legacy, and if there is greatness from within then it would be a shame not to reproduce. Just like how it's a shame that many attractive women can be successful and feel too independent for marriage and children. The world is just going to get ugly.
                    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
                      The point is that those men who want their feet washed by their brides, put such demands thinking women are inferior beings compared to them/men. Second, how many of them may be in real troubling, risky situations to sacrifice their lives? Even if they are, why force women to do such stuff to compensate for that? Aren’t there other methods to show gratitude?
                      Well, women were never forced to take arms to protect the interests of the wealthy. It's a matter of what's more important, life with less freedoms or death with more responsibilities.

It still works for some sane people. But what would work better now, in your opinion? I would like to know.
                      I have no idea. Without cultural barriers that shun certain types of behaviors it's hard to make anything work. It certainly takes much more of a conscious effort to do so.

I would Levon!
                      But on a serious note, don't you think a woman/girl would need more of this 'protection'/'defense' by a man based on her emotional, psychological and even biological structure which is different than that of a man?
                      Well, if privilege can be awarded due to biological differences, can freedoms be taken way for the same reason?

Comment

Working...
                      X