Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranian-Armenian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iranian-Armenian relations

Originally posted by haysip View Post
    what an as$hole. just because ur half-human emipre conqured Hayq
    Go to Russia, and convince them you're human - a large fraction of them have attitudes like yours.

And with attitudes like yours, if Armenia was a stock in the stock market, I'd sell ... because the future for growth looks bleak. Who is your next alliance with? Chechnya?

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    ...You have proclaimed Armenia part of "Greater Iran" .... would like to see how your nation would have fared if it had the history that we have endured.
    Nothing you write on this website will determine what is or is not a part of Iran. Iran will determine how "Great" it is - not any single individual and not a small land mass clinging to life on its Northern border. If what you are saying is that you want to disavow Iran's historical borders, I suppose Iranians can disavow Armenia's claims too. Certainly there is a stronger historical basis and more evidence in favor of "Greater Iran" than "Greater Armenia." Why the double-standard? Why are you so comfortable talking about Greater Armenia, but want to stifle discussion of Iran's historical borders?
    Last edited by Persopolis; 05-15-2011, 03:58 PM.

Comment

one just need to read a book about how the arabs islamized iran and how they humiliated the iranian people to understand why persepolis is trying to change all this defeats into victories. it is because of his inferiority complexes. he has forgotten that a bunch of macedonian xxxs destroyed persia and burnt persepolis, a great ancient city its name he has chosen as nickname. what is left from all this glory, what do people now accociate with names like "persepolis" ? maybe a second class soccer-team managed by a lisping azari ?
      it is really sad that such an childish person tries to represent iran. i know iran and i know a lot of iranian people and believe me this guy is a disgrace to iranians...
      you should watch out not to be lonely and surrounded by american, israeli-turkish wolfs waiting to turn iran into IRANESTAN...
      Last edited by HermanGerman; 05-15-2011, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HermanGerman View Post
        you should watch out not to be lonely and surrounded by american, israeli-turkish wolfs waiting to turn iran into IRANESTAN...
        Trust me, Iran makes a wrong move to Armenia, they will face that fate. We keep Israel/US at bay from their country via ours, but they wrong us, there's nothing stopping us from letting them engulf them and swallow their country. So it's in Iran's interest to be good with Armenia and maintain the current close relations.
        Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
        ---
        "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
          I do agree that the land now called "Armenia" was called "Perso-Armenia" and that it was "handed" by your "leaders" to other people and is now a fraction of it once was. Do you deny that? Who is the "undeserving idiot"? The one who retains his land or the one that does not know how to build and maintain alliances and gives land away? Though the Turks couldn't control of Armenian land under Persian leadership for centuries, Armenian and Russian *leaders* laid waste to most of Armenian land.
          If Persians lived where Armenians did they would have been instinct as a race long time ago.....most of Iranians living outside Iran after the Islamic revolution already do not connect to Iran and incourage assimilation, granted Iran has a large population, but compared to Armenians who have persevered throughout the centuries Persians if numbered as we were/are wouldn't have stand a chance.

Like I said, you don't know Armenians and you are not a Persian.
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

lets not forget that this is the first map of the "world" and only Armenia survives until today. where is iran? there is no such thing as iran and they will come lateron in history...

Comment

Well Vartan was right! We had a nice war with Persians and they lost a lot of blood. They did not dare come back for centuries. I think that is why Iran besides having smiliar genes likes us to this day. We made them like us becuase we fought so hard. All the Persians I know like Armenians. Persians like hanging with Armenians, and they do like us. So I'm wondering who this guy really is? Perhaps he is an azerbaboon wanabe posing as a Persian? That is the only thing that makes sense, this guy is not barsig, he is probably an azerbaboon.

Comment

i am not sure where u got the map of Urartu from cuz i just entered Urartu in google images and this is the first result

Comment

Originally posted by Artsakh View Post
                  GREATER ARMENIA

Let's get a few facts straight.

1. The orange part of your Map stating "Greater Armenia" was land held by an Iranian tribe that founded the Arsacid Empire (Modern Persian: اشکانیان Ashkāniān). The Iranian-Arsacid map of "Greater Armenia" was land 100% controlled by Iranian rulers. "Greater Armenia" is Iranian-Armenia. Perso-Armenia (Eastern Armenia) was Arsacid inhabited land.

2. The Arsacid (ethnic Iranian-Armenians) came from Khorason Iran - North West Iran (NOT the Caucuses). They created and populated Perso-Armenia (a/k/a Eastern Armenia / Arsacid-Armenia / Perso-Armenia).

This is Khorason - original home of the Arascids:

3. The Iranian-Arsacids (Armenians) founded the Armenian-Arascid Ostan (Province) of Iran as they expanded their feudal territory. (The word "stan" is a Persian suffix meaning "province of Iran." Hayastan.)

GREATER ARMENIA = IRANIAN-ARSACID-ARMENIA

4. This is what an Iranian-Arsacid-Armenian looks like: see photos below. The less you look like this guy, the less indigenous you likely are to modern day Armenia (Perso-Armenia / Arsacid-Armenia). Some Iranian-Armenians (for whatever reason) have developed sensitivites because when they move or travel to Armenia and get mistaken for *looking* Iranian -- the fact is they are Iranian. And the fact is that they are likely more Armenian than the people subjecting them to such unflattering cheap-shots though they rarely seem to defend themselves.

Iranian-Arsacid-Armenians (Founders of "Greater Armenia" and Inhabitants of Perso-Armenia = Eastern Armenia)

5. The Sasanian-Persians and the Iranian-Arsacid got into a feudal turf war - this was an Intra-Iranian battle. It was not "Armenians" vs. "Persians" the way a handful of snotty mixed Russian kids with little connection to Armenian land and history want to portray it. To solidify their base, the Iranian-Arsacid coverted to Christianity to attempt to form alliances outside of Iran. However, the Sasanians won, but the Arsacid kept their new faith.

What did the Sasanian vs. Arsacid dispute look like?
                  Let me simplify it for you: The rift between the Iranian-Arsacid-Armenians and the Sasanians would have been something like Katchatoorian (Iranian-Arsacid) getting into a feudal power struggle with Larijani (Persian-Sasanian):

Larijani at right:

To complicate matters some Armenians are Sasanians -- look for an Armenian e.g. that has the name Sasounian or Sasanian.

the Stan suffix is used on many countries.
                  The earliest attestations of the exonym Armenia date around the 6th century BC. In his trilingual Behistun Inscription, Darius I the Great of Persia refers to Urashtu (in Babylonian) as Armina (in Old Persian) and Harminuya (in Elamite).

Xenophon of Athens, was a Greek historian, soldier, mercenary, and a contemporary and admirer of Socrates. He is known for documenting history. Xenophon describes many aspects of Armenian village life and hospitality. He relates that the people spoke a language that to his ear sounded like the language of the Persians. (Xenophon, Anabasis, IV.v.2-9.) Remember languages evolved and changed - Armenian alphabet came hundreds of years after the birth of Jesus.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------
                  The Map Below Has Nothing to Do with What I wrote Above:

All you have done is reproduce another source of the Armenian population that was largely assimilated and later genocided in 1915. You are completely confusing what I have written. I don't doubt that there were also Armenians that lived in the West; I am pointing out the origins of Greater Armenia and Perso-Armenia. Armenians today live in Perso-Armenia, not in any of the places in your map below:

And I am not that impressed by a home-made map.
                  Last edited by Persopolis; 05-15-2011, 05:41 PM.

Comment

" and lets not forget that when Alexader the great attacked persia, alot of the soldiers in the persian army were Armenians. at the end of the war, persians lost and ran away but the Armenian soldiers were fighting till the end. this is the reason why alexader the great didn't attack Armenia" Artak Movsisyan

Comment

the Stan suffix is used on many countries. for example we call Greece - HunaStan, China - ChinaStan, India - HndkAstan, Russia - RusaStan... does that mean all those countries originated from persia hahaha

Comment

Working...
                      X