Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranian-Armenian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iranian-Armenian relations

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    Hemshins are often dubbed as the "cousins" of Armenians.

Best way to tell which ethnic group is closest to Armenians is looking at genetics - and Iranians are not the genetic cousins of Armenians.

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/europe...logroups.shtml
    You must be nuts - Armenians and Iranians have nearly identical DNA in 5 out of the 11 Y-DNA halpogroups measured in the link you sent me. DNA is an area of study I'm familiar with. Moreover, I can tell you that the J2, R1a, and R1b (Y-DNA) haplogroup information you sent a link for is not accurate for several countries (Not that it matters for the sake of our discussion). I actually know one of the people that studied Iranian DNA. Nevertheless, I find it funny that you didn't notice that Armenians and Iranians have very similar Y-DNA distribution. The chart you sent to me proves the opposite of what you intended.

Mos, maybe you're better with pictures:

PARSKAHYE WOMEN:

PERSIAN WOMEN
    Last edited by Persopolis; 03-15-2011, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
      The Genocide issue has become a political one, not a historic one, unfortunately. The resolution has been a means of pressuring Turkey if it was misbehaving. I am not saying Armenian people are pawns.

Please elaborate, how does Israel own Turkey nowadays?
      Why do you think the French backed the Turks while Britain backed the Greeks after both France and Britain working together against the Ottoman Empire? Who do you think brought the Kemalist National Assembly to power to make Turkey "more European" and separate it from the Middle East? There is a lot of evidence in the events that occured post WWI to suggest a conspiracy by Zionists.
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
        Yes, georgians and Caucasian Albanians are close to us genetically. There has been a lot of mixing with these two groups since ancient times and many Caucasian Albanians were absorbed by Armenians and over time lost their Caucasian Albanian identity.
        there is something called Aryans(indo european). It all started from Armenia... Georgians/albanians are like us because of geography but genetically they have nothing to do with us. They are not indo european people.

Comment

Originally posted by haysip View Post
          there is something called Aryans(indo european). It all started from Armenia... Georgians/albanians are like us because of geography but genetically they have nothing to do with us. They are not indo european people.
          I know all about IE, PIE homeland theories and I also know that the georgians and Caucasian Albanians are/were non-IE but rather Caucasian peoples. We have intermarried with both though and as I said, we assimilated many Caucasian Albanians within the Armenian fold. So we are connected with both groups because of mixing that has been taking place for over 2500 years. We are also close with the Persians not only because of the IE connection but even after both of us were separate ethnic groups we intermarried, especially our royal families.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
          to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

"Nothing" is too strong a word - about half of Georgia was populated by Aryan people for centuries - and half wasn't. Iran-&-Armenia have closer genetic links, but we also have genetic links to the Georgians and Ossetians. It's useful to read about Ossetians on their own web site:

Please see this: http://ossetians.com/eng/news.php?newsid=545

LAST PARAGRAPH OF DR. ORIC BASIROV'S RESEARCH ARTICLE REGARDING OSSETIANS:

By: Dr Oric Basirov
            CAIS series of lectures
            SOAS, 26/4/2001

OSSETS
            Fortunately for us, the Huns could not push all the Alans out of their homeland; their descendants, known as Ossets, are the only Iranians who still live in Europe; they call their country "Iron", which is a variation of Alan, Iran, as well as Eran. Eran was the name of the Iranian Transcaucasia before it was lost to the Russians in the 19th century and subsequently renamed Azarbaijan.

Ossets are mostly Christian, speaking Ossetic, or as they themselves call it "Ironig", or "Ironski", which is classified as an Eastern Iranian language. Ossetic maintains on the one hand, some remarkable features of the Gathic Avestan, and possesses on the other, a number of words, such as, thau (tauen, to thaw, as in snow) and gau (region, district) which are remarkably similar to their modern Germanic equivalents.

This modern Iranian nation, still provides a physical link between the Indo-Europeans of the East, and those of the West, that is, most people of Europe; such a romantic link, it will be remembered, had already been established thousands of years ago by their blond and blue-eyed ancestors.
            Last edited by Persopolis; 03-15-2011, 09:47 PM.

Comment

first, Georgians and "caucasian" albanians are not ehtnic caucasian. they migrated to the Caucuses in the times of Argishti(if i am not mistaken).
              second, I am not sure where u got the intermerrage from but in the old times intermarragies were very uncommon. Especially with Armenians. I read somewhere that said that in old Armenia, everytime an Armenian intermarried, a bad punishment was done...

Comment

@ Mos

The Hemshinli constitute a truly fascinating phenomenon. They have preserved, centuries after their conversion to Islam, a sense of identity distinct from that of their neighbours, as well as, for part of them, their spoken Armenian dialect Homshetsma. Below is a Harvard University article and study on Hemshinli - Do a keyword search on the word "Iran" within that document.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document...doc_id=3761664
                Last edited by Persopolis; 03-15-2011, 10:11 PM.

Comment

first, Georgians and "caucasian" albanians are not ehtnic caucasian. they migrated to the Caucuses in the times of Argishti(if i am not mistaken).
                  second, I am not sure where u got the intermerrage from but in the old times intermarragies were very uncommon. Especially with Armenians. I read somewhere that said that in old Armenia, everytime an Armenian intermarried, a bad punishment was done...
                  Even if the georgians migrated to their current location, we still intermarried with them. I didn't mean to imply that intermarriage and mixing happened on a mass scale with the georgians, but it did occur enough for us to be able to see genetic links between Armenians and georgians. Armenians are a mix of Aryan and Caucasian tribes that formed the Armenian nation some 3500-4000 years ago.
                  For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                  to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
                    "Nothing" is too strong a word - about half of Georgia was populated by Aryan people for centuries - and half wasn't. Iran-&-Armenia have closer genetic links, but we also have genetic links to the Georgians and Ossetians. It's useful to read about Ossetians on their own web site:
                    more than half of Georgia has always been populated by Aryan Armenians. I remember reading about Georgia and that there are less than 1 million georgians living in Georgia today...

my latest video might interest u guys

Comment

Originally posted by gegev View Post
                      Now when we have independent state and struggle for the economic independence; I think Iran’s contribution in our economic wellbeing is truly substantial; therefore in terms of economic interests, as opposed to Russia; Iran is our best ally, currently.

One can infer this just reading concurrent facts.
                      Economics or not - We love you. Don't forget it.

Comment

Working...
                      X