Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranian-Armenian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iranian-Armenian relations

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
    Is that the Iranian 'lady gaga'?
    Not sure who the the larger woman is but the petite one is "Juice". Armenian showbiz, one of the attractions of nightlife I guess.

I guess you can't see this in Iran either, lol.

Last edited by KanadaHye; 04-01-2011, 02:01 PM.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

The most important thing to our relations is that kids in the diaspora know the true history and bonds of friendship. Maybe someone can privately answer him?

The girl in the grey headscarf is Armenian.
      Last edited by Persopolis; 04-01-2011, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
        Idiot can't even pronounce is name correctly and he says "of Armenian descent" specifically, instead of saying Armenian. Another assimilated American.
        Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
        ---
        "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
          Idiot can't even pronounce is name correctly and he says "of Armenian descent" specifically, instead of saying Armenian. Another assimilated American.
          His name is Heroot
          "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
            His name is Heroot
            I am not asking him to speak Armenian, just that he says his name properly. Apparently he doesn't have the minimal knowledge for that, and that coupled with him saying ("of Armenian descent") comes to show with whom he identifies with.

And I give to you, a product of the dangerous American Assimilation.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---
            "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
              I am not asking him to speak Armenian, just that he says his name properly. Apparently he doesn't have the minimal knowledge for that, and that coupled with him saying ("of Armenian descent") comes to show with whom he identifies with.

And I give to you, a product of the dangerous American Assimilation.
              I agree 100%

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post

The girl in the grey headscarf is Armenian.
              WTF is with the question at 1:54 "Do you feel your government one day will proliferate weapons of mass destruction in order to bring war with the United States?"

I suppose he hasn't realized that Israel and America have been picking a fight with Iran since 1979.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
                Hotels in Istanbul are more expensive that Yerevan. Antalya hotels are seasonal. Very few people would travel to the coast until the weather gets warmer. While some Iranians might come to Yerevan to party, many families come as well for an unrestrained and free atmosphere.
                They are not more expensive. The hotel situation in Armenia is one of the main things holding back tourism development: the hotels are very few in number and are all vastly overpriced and are mostly catering for the luxury market. Also, since they are almost all mafia-owned, little of the profits reaches the local population. The mafia influence must be the reason there are so few mid-price or budget hotels: there is a vast untapped market in Armenia for such hotels, but the oligarchs want to maintain their luxury hotel monopolies and their profits.
                Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                  I agree 100% ...I suppose he hasn't realized that Israel and America have been picking a fight with Iran since 1979.
                  Poor Heroot: Not to sound like a religious leader, but assimilation towards *Western* values is a huge danger in many ways (not always, but frequently enough to be a major problem):

(1) loss of ethnic / cultural identity (and you get McCulture and Zionist-brainwashing instead - hardly a fair trade, IMO);
                  (2) breakdown in family values;
                  (3) distance from pertinent historical facts (Will Heroot grow up thinking that Iranians were behind the AG? or that Iran eats Christian babies? Will he be able to connect with Armenian traditions? Will he man-up and join the Armenian military in case of war?);
                  (4) less family bonds lead to greater chance of drugs, prostitution, and other social ills (let's face it: Armenian or Iranian strippers are not in keeping with our ancient cultural values - irrespective of religious differences).

Good Quote Kanada: “Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever” ~ “Our program necessarily includes the propaganda of atheism” [Vladimir Lenin.] In many ways, CNN, Hollywood, and the NY Times are just an extension of Lenin's and Stalin's dubious schemes. Why on earth some Georgians think of Stalin (a mass-murderer of 30 million Christians) as some kind of national hero is totally beyond me. Though I like Georgians, I think in some ways it was healthy for Russia to hand them their a$$es when they started teaming up with the U.S. and Israel (in some ways, Russia likely did Georgia a favor).

If a new country was founded on the moon, the U.S. would find a reason to go to war against the moon-people; The U.S. response towards Iran is schizophrenic: they try to cozy and make friends - but their blatant dishonesty shines through and Iranians aren't fooled. The U.S. is starting to do the same against Armenians: I posted a video by a U.S. Congressman comparing Armenia's involvement in the NK war to "Saddam Hussein invading Kuwait" (Who want to remind the Congressman that the U.S. was Saddam's sugar daddy?)
                  Last edited by Persopolis; 04-01-2011, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
                    They are not more expensive. The hotel situation in Armenia is one of the main things holding back tourism development: the hotels are very few in number and are all vastly overpriced and are mostly catering for the luxury market. Also, since they are almost all mafia-owned, little of the profits reaches the local population. The mafia influence must be the reason there are so few mid-price or budget hotels: there is a vast untapped market in Armenia for such hotels, but the oligarchs want to maintain their luxury hotel monopolies and their profits.
                    A piece of sh#t hotel in Armenia and in Turkey might be priced the same. More hotels are coming, Kempinski and Hyatt will be there in the next 3 years. I know everyone in ownership group of the Marriott Hotel in Armenia and they are definitely not mafia. It is also the second most successful Marriott in Europe in the entire Marriott system
                    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
                      A piece of sh#t hotel in Armenia and in Turkey might be priced the same.
                      We like Armenians better. Persians are not Attaturk fans. I'll take a sh*tty hotel in Armenia over a palace in Turkey any day. When the new Iranian/Armenian trans railway is built you can come to Iran's Kish Island in the Persian Gulf and find a piece of heaven there. (BTW, Whenever Parskayhyes hear someone use the term *Arab-Gulf* they should slap those words out of their mouthes because it messes with the history of Parskahyes also. (ParskayHye = Persian-Armenian. Our friend Alexandros spells it Pers - Greek style. I've seen Greeks go crazy over the attempt to screw around with the name of the Persian Gulf also.)

KISH ISLAND IRAN

Comment

Working...
                      X