Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranian-Armenian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Persopolis
    replied
    Re: Iranian-Armenian relations

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    ...Persepolis declaring that Armenia is part of Greater Iran.
    Where did you see this? Can you give a quote?

Of course: I am not going to shy away from history.

Pay attention:

* Darius Arshakuni (born about 40 BC Khorasan, Iran). Iranian King. LINK http://ellis-pagoria.com/getperson.php?personID=I25041&tree=ellis

* Arshakuni Dynasty of Armenia (Արշակունի) - from 54 AD to 428 AD. LINK http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsacid_Dynasty_of_Armenia

* We know what the Arshakuni family looked like:

* We know these Iranian-Armenians (Arshakunis) still exist (not including the ones that intermarried with Persians):

Excuse me, but which "Armenian" tribe was this gentleman from?

For anyone that wants to see where Khorason is:

Originally posted by Pedro Xaramillo View Post
    [Regarding the forced changing of names.] In the case of Turkey yes, with Iran no, many interethnic marriages happened, google the Bagratid dynasty, at a stage the culture was almost entirely similar, then Byzantines, Christianity and Islam came into play and changed it.
    You my friend are totally correct. The above example is from prior to the birth of Jesus. It actually goes back much further than that.

More on that Here: http://forum.hyeclub.com/showthread....anian+armenian
    Last edited by Persopolis; 04-23-2011, 06:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mos
    replied

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
    You two have ruined this thread as far as I am concerned....if that was you guys plan then it succeeded.
    No it wasn't. This thread got ruined when Persopolis started attacking me being a "Azeri spy". All I was doing is trying to give a proper unbiased look at our relations with Iran, and Iran's intentions and predispositions. This then transitioned to Persepolis declaring that Armenia is part of Greater Iran and that Armenians are part of Iranian sphere, which angered me even more.

Leave a comment:

• Eddo211
    replied

You two have ruined this thread as far as I am concerned....if that was you guys plan then it succeeded.

Leave a comment:

• Mos
    replied

Between you and Pasopolis I swear I am going to hit somebody....I never loose my cool on the internet but you two are driving me to the edge. Mareh taghem
    Cool it Eddo. I was making this point because Persepolis didn't believe me that Iranian women dress relatively openly when coming to Armenia. There is nothing anti-Iranian in this! And for the millionth time I am not anti-Iranian!

Leave a comment:

• Eddo211
    replied

Between you and Pasopolis I swear I am going to hit somebody....I never loose my cool on the internet but you two are driving me to the edge. Mareh taghem

Leave a comment:

• Mos
    replied

There is nothing wrong in those videos Mos.....stop the anti Iranian bullsh1t already. What are you a Rebbi or a Mullah? Well you can't be a Mullah so whatup.
    The reason I posted that was to show that when Iranians come to Armenia, they don't all stick with the dress that they are required to wear at home, and that many throw the headscarf and were Western clothes, men and women. I didn't say it was wrong that they are doing that, I was just making a point.

Leave a comment:

• Eddo211
    replied

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    Lol, one random picture doesn't prove it. I've been in Armenia and seen those women dressed rather openly, I have heard a lot of the things they were doing and how they were behaving from friends and family.

Here's video of Iranians talking about why they visit Armenia: http://www.rferl.org/content/iranian...l/2347526.html

Some iranian fans dressed pretty western: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OxfpZ9-Nhs (drunk armenian get in fight with iranians lol)
    There is nothing wrong in those videos Mos.....stop the anti Iranian bullsh1t already. What are you a Rebbi or a Mullah? Well you can't be a Mullah so whatup.

Leave a comment:

• bell-the-cat
    replied

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
    So it's my fault that I am looking out for my people - and it's my fault for calling attention to the anti-Iranian platform this forum has turned into? And you're an Iranian-Armenian that can defend the statements below vis-a-vis Iranians and the moderation choices of the site supervisors, right?

Guess what? I am Iranian. I didn't come here to look the other way when I see crap of the type below; and neither will any other self-respecting Iranian. If you are in Iran (no matter who you are), you need to understand that, or find somewhere more suitable to live because Iran does not and cannot tolerate a subversive and unpatriotic faction. Got it?

I will demand answers from the Armenian church and government leaders in Iran. I am not here to suck your balls.

Originally Posted by Mos
    Iranians are becoming cancer to Armenia and should be deported.

Originally Posted by Mos
    Go pray towards Mecca and shout 'allahu akbar'

Originally Posted by Mos
    We should severly limit the influx of people from muslim countries such as Iran. We don't need our great country to turn into a criminal haven.

Originally Posted by Mos
    Parskahyes [Iranian-Armenians] apparently have 2 allegiances, Armenia and Iran.

Originally Posted by Mos
    Liberated women threaten in assimilation and because of that attract people like the Persian hooligans to fill up Yerevan.

Originally Posted by Mos
    no sensible Armenian family would accept a Muslim and you would have a really hard time being accepted in Armenia.

Originally Posted by Mos
    Yes the Christian Armenians are more Armenian than the Hemshin people.

Originally Posted by Mos
    Judaism has not done what Islam has done to the Middle east.

Originally Posted by levon1
    And what would an Iranian-Azari do anyway? There is one here and after an argument I spit in his face.

Originally Posted by arakeretzig
    Anyway, I hope Israel finishes this "palestinian" menace once and for all. Cast Lead 2 should commence soon. You have to admire Israel's patience for all this time.

Originally Posted by Mos
    Apparently you haven't roamed the villages of Armenia that much. There's good amount of Islamophobia, especially from the old folks.

Originally Posted by Mos
    We just have to scare away the Iranians since government is not doing anything looks like. And I'll assure you Hayastanics are really annoyed of these muslim persians.

Originally Posted by Muhaha
    I think it's best if Muslims stay as far away as possible from Armenia.

Originally Posted by Mos
    If you held allegiance to Iran above Armenia, than yes you are a traitor to Armenia, because that means you would act for the interests of Iran over Armenia.
    If it is politeness you are after then this forum in its present form is not the place to find it. Nor is it the place to find much useful and intelligent discussion.

Moderators do their best in a limited way, but their actions are about as effective as swatting a few flies while the swamp they breed from is allowed to continue to exist. The whole swamp needs draining. I think this forum needs to go back to a year one, with a necessary culling of many of its members and strict rules and enforcements to ensure they can never return and just repeat their past sins. They are at best pointless, at worst, very dangerous. They seem to exist only to alienate people. Thanks to them, this forum is actually an anti-Armenian platform, not just an anti-Iranian platform.

Leave a comment:

• bell-the-cat
    replied

Context - Lake Urmiah is in Northern Iran near the Turkish border. Russians occupied it and let the Turks slaughter people. This is one of the reasons I find it odd that Russia escapes criticism (as do the Armenians that took Armenia in the direction of "Armenia-SSR.")

NY Times 1915.

The protection of Christians by local Persian and Iranian-Azari civilians is also confirmed in the 1915 British report: "Many Moslems tried to save their Christian neighbours and offered them shelter in their houses, but the Turkish authorities were implacable." (Bryce, James Lord. British Government Report on the Armenian Massacres of Aprilā€“December 1915.)
    In the ranking of propaganda versus truth, Iranian historiography is a bit better that Turkish, but not by that much. So it is understandable that Iranian historiography (in common with most nationalist or ideology-based "histories") finds itself in difficulties when has to accurately examine certain events in Iran's past.

Thanks to the near state of collapse of Persia by the start of the 20th century the central government lost control of its remoter districts. To secure its border against bandit and Islamist raids from Persian territory, and to give some measure of security to the settled peoples of northern Persia, that part of Persia became a sort of unoffical protectorate of the Russian empire, policed by the Russian army.

After WW1 started, at the end of 1914 the Russians withdrew their limited armed forces from the Urmia and Tabriz regions in order to defend their own territory against the invading Turks. The Ottoman army then also invaded Persian territory and, with elements (Kurds, mostly) of the local population, immediately started to commit widespread massacres of the Christian population. The massacres only ceased when the Russian army restored stability in its Caucasus front after the Turkish defeat at the battle of Sarikamish and then felt able to release part of its forces to re-enter Persia and drive out the invading Turks. By the end of March the Ottoman army had mostly been driven out, and then retreated all the way to Van, murdering and plundering as it went. The Russian army that was eventually sent to relieve the besieged Armenians in Van came via Persia.

These genocidal massacres in Persian territory by Ottoman forces working with local Turks and Kurds predate the massacres of Armenians in the Ottoman territories by many months and reveal that the intent to commit genocide was an implicit element of the Turkish war aims for the outset. However, since it was not Armenians being murdered, Armenian scholars ignore these events and so ignore what is an essential early stage of the history of what became the Armenian genocide.
    Last edited by bell-the-cat; 04-22-2011, 06:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mos
    replied

Since you pretend not to remember your own words - if you can substantively & honestly reply, do so by hitting the quote button, without evading the questions:
    I asked you to show me where I have advocated spitting and harassing Iranian women. That quote doesn't show it. Back up your statements next time. If there are rowdy, hooligan Iranian tourists, than yes I won't be nice to them nor should any local Armenian.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X