Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranian-Armenian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iranian-Armenian relations

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
    Yeah... the Iranian officials and this particular independent reporter revealed that they executed an Armenian Iranian Christian and his J3wish wife but the charge wasn't important to report. Don't believe everything you read. Christians are worried... but J3ws, not so much
    Iran imposes criminal sanctions based on conduct ... that includes against muslims, zoroastrians, christians, J-ews ... whomever ... it's not reserved for a particular faith. It's like the Kurds: The always complain that Iran sent "Kurds to the Gallows" without mentioning they were members of PJAK.

Comment

Originally posted by retro View Post
      No doubt they committed some horrendous crime against the Islamist republic of Iran. Such as running a red light!
      Don't worry genius I know how to answer you from now on ... [Anyone joining this post late, start with post #829. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=26090038245]

Iran can manage to live with Turks on its Northern border - Armenia can't. Remember that free speech and the "friendship" between Iranians and Armenians is reciprocal. I've come to a conclusion that it's not up to me to change attitudes like yours, it's up to your countrymen, moderators of this forum (who like any private business can moderate views like yours, but don't) and the Armenian educational system. It's only up to me to monitor forums like this to see the prevalence of views like yours and warn Iranians. Your sense of humor will be funny when Iranians make a wholesale shift towards the Turks, and start answering content like yours, with content of the type you see below. (Make sure you read the last three paragraphs of post # 797.) Keep it up genius, and see where it takes you ....

Maybe he kissed her!

Last edited by Persopolis; 04-06-2011, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
        Iran imposes criminal sanctions based on conduct ... that includes against muslims, zoroastrians, christians, J-ews ... whomever ... it's not reserved for a particular faith. It's like the Kurds: The always complain that Iran sent "Kurds to the Gallows" without mentioning they were members of PJAK.
        Obviously, but as with most propaganda pieces, there is about 10% truth and the rest fiction. I mean... going as far a mentioning Armenian Iranian Christian tells me it was written for the ignorant masses.

No doubt they committed some horrendous crime against the Islamist republic of Iran. Such as running a red light!
        No, they only hang you for running a red light in "civilized" countries. Except now they've gotten too lazy to leave it to cops to catch you so they let automated cameras take pictures of the incident totally disregarding the road conditions at the time or any valid reasons for running the light (such as being tailgated and afraid to slam on the brakes). Anyhow..........

Don't worry genius I know how to answer you from now on ... [Anyone joining this post late, start with post #829.
        Pay no attention to Retro, his humour is off beat at best. I'm not sure where his views come from.
        Last edited by KanadaHye; 04-06-2011, 10:48 AM.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye
          Pay no attention to Retro, his humour is off beat at best. I'm not sure where his views come from.
          My friend, Iranians are paying attention ... before I joined this site I got a number of complaints from them. Iranians (like Armenians) will ask themselves what Armenians did to put an end to these types of attitudes (I did my part). Iranians are not passive people ... Iranians will respond because views like his reflect what Armenian parents and schools have taught their kids.

Comment

My friend, Iranians are paying attention ... before I joined this site I got a number of complaints from them. Iranians (like Armenians) will ask themselves what Armenians did to put an end to these types of attitudes (I did my part). Iranians are not passive people ... Iranians will respond because views like his reflect what Armenian parents and schools have taught their kids.
            Unfortunately, Armenians can't do anything because the moderators of this site work under the terms of "democratic principles". Sad I know.
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

@ Persepolis, please don't post Azeri propaganda, it's a waste of space.

Unfortunately, Armenians can't do anything because the moderators of this site work under the terms of "democratic principles". Sad I know.
              So what principles should they work under? Dictatorial?
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                @ Persepolis, please don't post Azeri propaganda, it's a waste of space.

So what principles should they work under? Dictatorial?
                Preferably. You don't go to a forum on cars to get poor information on the car that you're trying to fix. An Armenian forum should be the same. Like Persopolis mentioned, a visitor to the forums would get views that aren't represented by the majority of Armenians. Sure, Armenians don't approve of traditional ultra conservative Muslim attire but we certainly aren't anti-Islam.

Comment

Preferably. You don't go to a forum on cars to get poor information on the car that you're trying to fix. An Armenian forum should be the same. Like Persopolis mentioned, a visitor to the forums would get views that aren't represented by the majority of Armenians. Sure, Armenians don't approve of traditional ultra conservative Muslim attire but we certainly aren't anti-Islam.
                  Apparently you haven't roamed the villages of Armenia that much. There's good amount of Islamophobia, especially from the old folks. Not saying it's good, just saying that it exists. My grandmother lives in such a village, and I have had a lot of experience with rural folks when living with her. In Yerevan, there is less, but you will still find it.
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---
                  "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                    Apparently you haven't roamed the villages of Armenia that much. There's good amount of Islamophobia, especially from the old folks. Not saying it's good, just saying that it exists. My grandmother lives in such a village, and I have had a lot of experience with rural folks when living with her. In Yerevan, there is less, but you will still find it.
                    They don't own computers You'll find more Armenian views on anonymous You tube videos than this site... lol

Comment

The Iranians can't afford to fall out politically with Turkey like that. As the Iranians are isolated and they are sheltering within Russia's orb for a reason.

Iran isn't much of a counter in military terms to the Turks, Kurds and their dim-witted Azeri lackey's. Nor are Iran's intentions towards Armenia necessarily honourable.
                      Don't believe the hype about the turkish military. They are not much stronger than Irans and would not win a 1 on 1 war just as I do not think Iran would win either. The azeri military is another story, Iran would wipe the floor with them in a matter of days.
                      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Working...
                      X