Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranian-Armenian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iranian-Armenian relations

You seem to be one of those nationalists that believes in the Greater Iran BS, that any group of people you touch, are all of a sudden part of Persian culture and so on. Or those nationalists that label Armenians as just "Christian Iranians".

Mind you not, Armenians have been slowly leaving Iran, especially after Islamic Revolution. Of course during that time most fled to the West, but some have also gone to Armenia. As Armenia's situation improve, more and more Armenians will move back, it's hard to move your family from one country to another, but younger ones, will be inclined to move back. Hopefully all Armenians of world will move back and help the Republic to prosper - because that's the only country for and by Armenians. That is the only country that an Armenian can feel at home.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
      Probably because they still have a good life in Iran, where as in Armenia, sadly, this is not assured.
      A good life isn't assured to anyone in Iran. You mean for centuries Armenians have been economic refugees in Iran and while they can send money to Armenia they can't build a business there or buy a home there? That can't be the entire answer - though I accept it for the elderly (who maybe are on a fixed income).

Thanks for your response Armanen.

These are the questions and points I raised if someone, other than Mos, has a response - hopefully an Armenian that lives in Iran:

Originally posted by Mos View Post
      we are strictly separate, our culture, people, religion, and of course homeland.
      Then why are Armenians continuing to live in Iran for centuries? How hard can a bus ride to Yerevan be? It's a serious question - perhaps better not answered by you (since you don't live in Iran), but you raise a good point. To me it seems that Iranian-Armenians could easily move across the border to be near their "separate culture, people, religion, and of course homeland." After spending some time on this forum, I really believe it's a question that Iranians should encourage their countrymen to start asking Armenians. It seems that Iranians should ask Armenians: "What are you doing in Iran?" and "Why aren't you enjoying the Armenian culture, people, etc. across the border in your homeland?" and "Why are generations of you living and dying in Iran and pretending you have no common roots here?"

We don't want to be part of any other country or people.
      Great - Tehran has a bus terminal and an airport. I promise that they allow Armenians to buy tickets there.

However, with attitudes like the ones you, and others, have promoted on this site I seriously doubt "your people" will have much of a choice ... (to be perfectly candid)

Originally posted by levon1 View Post
      ...And what would an Iranian-Azari do anyway? There is one here and after an argument I spit in his face.
      Originally posted by levon View Post
      Let's see. We got dumb, f@ggot ass Azar ... then we have our newest inclusion to the dumbass nation, Persepolis....
      Last edited by Persopolis; 04-09-2011, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Look, I am grateful for the hospitality that Iran has shown to its Armenian minorities and the good ties between our nations and people. That being said, this fact cannot be used to somehow place Armenians under the Iranian label. We have a large diaspora, yes, but in the end of the day we are all Armenians with our unique culture, our sacred Church, and language. Our homeland is the Armenian highlands and we don't want to be viewed in association with any ethnic group. We are fine with having good ties with friendly groups, but we in the end, belong only in the independent Armenian nation.
        Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
        ---
        "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
          A good life isn't assured to anyone in Iran. You mean for centuries Armenians have been economic refugees in Iran and while they can send money to Armenia they can't build a business there or buy a home there? That can't be the entire answer - though I accept it for the elderly (who maybe are on a fixed income).

Thanks for your response Armanen.
          I wouldn't call the Armenian community of Iran economic or political refugees. They have been in Iran too long for either of those labels to apply to them. What I meant was that Iran has more economic opportunities than Armenia. It is not easy being a newly independent nation-state that hasn't really had an independent government for about 600 years. Add to that the crappy geopolitical neighborhood, duel blockade, massive earthquake, war, genocide, small population, and little to no natural resources to speak of, and it is truly a wonder how Armenia is actually a functioning state and not a banana republic or dirt poor state like much of Africa or the Gaza Strip.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
          to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

I wouldn't call the Armenian community of Iran economic or political refugees. They have been in Iran too long for either of those labels to apply to them. What I meant was that Iran has more economic opportunities than Armenia. It is not easy being a newly independent nation-state that hasn't really had an independent government for about 600 years. Add to that the crappy geopolitical neighborhood, duel blockade, massive earthquake, war, genocide, small population, and little to no natural resources to speak of, and it is truly a wonder how Armenia is actually a functioning state and not a banana republic or dirt poor state like much of Africa or the Gaza Strip.
            Our Russian friends is a big reason for that, and stability in Georgia of course, as our economy is heavily dependent on Georgia and also its markets.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---

Comment

Our Russian friends is a big reason for that, and stability in Georgia of course, as our economy is heavily dependent on Georgia and also its markets.
              Their market is small in comparison to the Russia and EU market. They are only important because of the duel blockade, and lack of sufficient transportation infrastructure into Iran.
              For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
              to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Their market is small in comparison to the Russia and EU market. They are only important because of the duel blockade, and lack of sufficient transportation infrastructure into Iran.
                Well of course EU and Russian markets are much bigger, but we still are active in our trade with them, plus some of the goods of EU and Russia come indirectly from Georgia markets.
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---

Comment

Made by Iranian:

love this video ^^^
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---

Comment

the crappy geopolitical neighborhood, duel blockade, massive earthquake, war, genocide, small population, and little to no natural resources to speak of, and it is truly a wonder how Armenia is actually a functioning state and not a banana republic or dirt poor state like much of Africa or the Gaza Strip.
                    @ For you Armanen and whoever else wants to respond (and not for Mos):

Fair enough. Armenia has had hardships, but consider the Palestinian diaspora; they want to move back even under Israeli military occupation though their lives would be in danger and have to live in a segregated society and an economic ghetto. It is still hard to understand why Iranian-Armenians 'in the diaspora' didn't move back to Armenia before the AG or after Russia took over prior to the USSR or after 20 years of independence. Now pretend that the Palestinians get their own country like Armenia: If the Palestinians could move back to their original lands, under any level of economic hardship, they would do it before you could blink. For them, it would be a dream to move into their own land - why not Iranian-Armenians? If what Mos said is correct - that the most important desire Armenians have is to have a "separate culture, people, religion, and homeland," it's even more perplexing why those that live a bus ride away from Armenia have not entirely moved back.

The other point is that why would Iranians want Armenians to stay in Iran, or to do business with Armenia, if the attitudes like those below are as common as they are here? I'll be honest, after visiting this forum I'm not sure how I feel about it personally because I am an Iranian - and I am loyal to Iran - if people are in Iran that are not loyal to Iran or speak badly of Iranians, I think they should leave; several centuries is enough time to organize a "Plan B," proudly join the Armenian military, set up a business, engage in commerce through Russia, raise a family ... and so on. Armenia is not the Gaza strip and lacks the hardships that exist in Gaza. If a foreigner can move to Armenia, an Armenian can move there.

Originally posted by levon1 View Post
                    ...And what would an Iranian-Azari do anyway? There is one here and after an argument I spit in his face.
                    Originally posted by levon View Post
                    Let's see. We got dumb, f@ggot ass Azar ... then we have our newest inclusion to the dumbass nation, Persepolis....
                    Let's ask some Iranian-Armenians living in Iran: Why are you, or family members, still in Iran while the opportunity exists for you to move to Armenia?

The Last Point: I think Armenians need to discuss among themselves whether it is right for individuals like Mos, and others like him, to take the opportunity of living in Iran away from Armenians there by creating and encouraging an environment that makes Iranians not want Armenians to be in Iran? And if it isn't, what are they doing about it?
                    Last edited by Persopolis; 04-09-2011, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Persepolis,
                      I don't know what your point is by raising such a question but there is no one single response/reason to that. There are some who do not have the financial means to make such a move. Others think it's a risky business for now. Many go there back and forth yearly. And a good number of Iranian-Armenians have already established in Armenia, mainly in Yerevan. There are many of us in the streets of Yerevan these days.

Comment

Working...
                      X