Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranian-Armenian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iranian-Armenian relations

Persia cultural influence extended further east than your map highlights. However Parthia was inhabited by Semitic pastoralist types and the Persia empire only really had a Indo-Iranic elite. What is more, Persia was knocked over by many invaders and it is now basically a Turko-Persian entity. Which is why Persian loan words make up 40% of Usbek and you only have to scratch the Turk to find the Persian.

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
    "Armenians that stayed on the North side of the iron curtain likely have genetic admixtures from the various soviet republics that ParskaHyes don't have because of the things that happened on the other side of the fence. Hope that helps."
    ParskaHyes may well have admixed with Iranians. However Orthodox Christians on the whole, tend to be very close knit and on the whole I'd say that they seldom admix with other peoples. I am not a Armenian though and you would need to ask them.

Armenians have close affiliations to the Assyrians and to a lesser extent, the Georgians and Greeks. Armenian is also a independent Indo-European branch, that has borrowings from more ancient Anatolian languages. So Armenians aren't Indo-Iranics or of 'Persia stock'.

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
      Do you think mukuch is Armenian? From his actions does he come across as a Hye to you?
      He's a sketchy character... he might be Armenian but doesn't want to reveal his identity so he tries typing strange. On the other hand, he is all over the place with his views, sometime just to add confusion or throw people off. I don't know too many Armenians keen on writing with poor grammar (at least those who try to appear knowledgeable). Hell, my grandfather came to America late in life and he was still trying to master English up until the very end.

Originally posted by levon1 View Post
      Yep, got banned for cussing on bell-the-cat. For any other reason I would have complied with the ban.

I only have a problem with what Persepolis claims, as his claims imply Armenians are Iranic. They are unsubstantiated. But, I really don't wanna get in the middle of Armanen-Mukuch fight.
      Armenians aren't Iranic, there are scholarly arguments that they are both Aryan people just like how J3ws and Arabs are Semitic.

Interesting read:

The Semitic Mind Vs. The Aryan Mind

"Aryan minds soar on the wings of imagination while the Semitic is literal and earthbound. Put another way the Aryan is scientific while the Semitic is magical."

"As man appears solid the Semites, xxxs, then said it is quite obvious the body has nothing to do with stars but is obviously made out of solid earth. Whether they were of this opinion before they were transferred to Mesopotamia from Judea in 586 BC isn’t clear, but it is clear the idea came from Mesopotamia as the xxxs claim to have come into existence there c. 2000 BC."

"The Aryan asserted that man was star born and on death returned to the stars, made of the stuff of stars while the Semites, xxxs once again, insisted that man is made out of mud. They say God picked up a clod of dirt and molded man out of it much as a medieval rabbi made the Golem out of dirt. The xxxs, then, are obligated to defend this position eternally or admit their religion, their basis of existence, is based on a falsehood hence invalid."

"Now, the Aryan position was that the gods were pure spirit, that is insubstantial, and that the various levels of gods- from gods to angels- became more enmeshed in matter as they descended until one arrived at man who was pure matter. Hence the conflict between the spiritual and material. But man is still of the substance of stars."

http://contemporarynotes.wordpress.c...he-aryan-mind/
      Last edited by KanadaHye; 04-09-2011, 07:02 AM.
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

And what would an Iranian-Azari do anyway? There is one here and after an argument I spit in his face.
        Seriously doubt it, unless he was an old man or a child. But if you have those sorts of illusions and manners you can always PM me your phone # and address and try with me. Online tough guys are just that. For the sake of Armenians, I hope one of his family members doesn't over-react in Iran.

Big woop. Iran had some influence on Armenia, so what.
        You're making progress, but the scholars didn't say "some." Read the part of the book that says from the "6th century B.C. to the 3rd century A.D." - do you know how many years that is? Have a look again at this too: By George A. Bournoutian, Prof. of Armenian History Columbia Univ.: "Prior to the third century A.D., Iran had more influence on Armenia's culture than any of its other neighbours."

I only have a problem with what Persepolis claims....
        Sorry, my name isn't "George A. Bournoutian, Prof. of Armenian History Columbia Univ." You have a problem with people quoting books.
        Last edited by Persopolis; 04-09-2011, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuch View Post
          Well I think I rather listen to zionists than to idiotes
          Emigration from Iran to America has been fostered by an Israeli group, under a scheme where members of Iran's Armenian community can file immigration applications via the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society, HIAS. When the application is approved, HIAS pays 3,000 US dollars for each family member, and then they all travel to Austria where they stay until all the legalities are done and can leave for the States. Once in the U.S. it takes about 10-20 years for your children's Armenian identity to stripped of them and whatever negative social consequences that may follow (let’s call it the "Kim Karsdashian effect"). Ultimately, Iran will be depopulated of Armenians, and Armenian churches in Iran will have to be used for other purposes and leave Armenians without a lobby in Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by retro View Post
            ...Persia empire only really had a Indo-Iranic elite.
            Funny never heard that before.

What is more, Persia was knocked over by many invaders and it is now basically a Turko-Persian entity.
            Now that's really funny. Iranian-Azaris are Iranian (I won't spend time explaining it to you, research it if it interests you); Iran does have a small Turkmen tribe (on the border with Turkmenistan - those are real Turks). The Turks were nomadic people that looted and burned as they passed through Iran, but usually they sacked Armenia first on their way to the Ottoman empire.

Which is why Persian loan words make up 40% of Usbek and you only have to scratch the Turk to find the Persian.
            Uzbek's were mixed with Persian genes after ancient Persia conquered them - they borrowed our words; I don't have a problem with it. We genetically diluted turkish influence in some of the lands in the far east (e.g., Uzbekistan), which is ones of the reasons Modern-Day Turkey has less influence over them.

Orthodox Christians ... seldom admix with other peoples.
            Long before there was Christianity Armenians mixed with Persians. Even during my lifetime, Armenians mixed with Persians. Persian is an ethnicity not a religion. The Armenians on the other side of the iron curtain mixed with all sorts of ethnicities from the various Soviet republics for about 200 years - so if there is a difference, that would likely be it. Also, whenever a group has a large diaspora it tends to mix with other cultures and ethnicities.
            Last edited by Persopolis; 04-09-2011, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Emigration from Iran to America has been fostered by an Israeli group, under a scheme where members of Iran's Armenian community can file immigration applications via the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society, HIAS. When the application is approved, HIAS pays 3,000 US dollars for each family member, and then they all travel to Austria where they stay until all the legalities are done and can leave for the States. Once in the U.S. it takes about 10-20 years for your children's Armenian identity to stripped of them and whatever negative social consequences that may follow (let’s call it the "Kim Karsdashian effect"). Ultimately, Iran will be depopulated of Armenians, and Armenian churches in Iran will have to be used for other purposes and leave Armenians without a lobby in Iran.
              so you can see the future? cool!

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
                Yes - Just like Diaspora Minister Stepan Petrosyan, and just as this forum is a window into the future.

"As he [Diaspora Minister Stepan Petrosyan] told a news conference in Yerevan, Latin America’s Armenian community is under the threat of assimilation. With extensive number of mixed marriages, 70% of Armenians are not involved in the life of local community."

Comment

Probably the best way of enhancing Armenian/Iranian relations is to remind Armenians that not all people that speak the Armenian language are Armenians - and that not all people that speak the Armenian language online have the best interests of Armenians in mind.

Language is not a perfect identifier:

Comment

Probably the best way of enhancing Armenian/Iranian relations is to remind Armenians that not all people that speak the Armenian language are Armenians - and that not all people that speak the Armenian language online have the best interests of Armenians in mind.
                    The most common comment on that video is "This guy knows better Armenian than me"
                    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post

Do you not live in the West? Do you not see assimilation at work on a daily basis? And it is true for all immigrant communities, some more than others true, but all are affected in the long run.
                      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Working...
                      X