Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Are Iranian-Armenians Iranian? What is Armenian Assimilation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are Iranian-Armenians Iranian? What is Armenian Assimilation?

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
    The answer as to why is noted in the quote of another member of this thread (below). My responses to any comments worth responding to will be at POSTS #1; and #15 through #18 and individuals that write off-point comments or repeat themselves generally will not get a response. (And if you have written a lot without reading the sources - or simply have repeated yourself; you won't get a response.) Wait about 20 minutes after the post to see the full version - thanks.

Reason for placement of posts.
    V
    is there anything else you would like us to do or is that it???

Comment

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
      * “[M]y parents would always tell me that we were Armenians—that we were nothing like Iranians. And then when we got back to our homeland, we were suddenly called Iranian. It was a big blow," she says.”

* "I had a customer with whom I worked for two years who said I spoke good Armenian for an Iranian. I said my name is Sevak, like Paruir Sevak's name, and asked how he could think I was an Iranian. Once, during the Nowruz period, someone came and congratulated me on the occasion. It was embarrassing for me, because it is very insulting for us," says Hovhannisian.

* ‘Having lived under a totally different system, we found ourselves in another reality, an alien and often unacceptable one," recalls Eduard Hakhverdian, now 58, [an Iranian-Armenian who moved to Armenia].”

* “ Armine Darsbidian, remembers that she had her first bitter experience in Armenia while attending a parents' meeting at school during which one of the parents said: ‘Take money from the Persian. She has come from the country of the Shah; she's rich.’ ”

* “The proud [Iranian-Armenian] repatriates were looked upon with suspicion by Soviet authorities and with a degree of contempt by the Armenians.”

* "Everything was strange for me. The language seemed to be the same, but was odd because so many Russian words were mixed in….”

* “Iranian-Armenians – say they are encountering difficulty in gaining acceptance in Yerevan.”

* “[T]he old ‘inferiority complex’ among locals that diaspora Armenians are “better educated and wealthier” still lingers.”

* “A professor once pointed her out to classmates as a representative of Muslim countries such as Iran, she said. ‘I was so hurt that I took out my cross and showed it to him.’ ”

* “Many Iranian Armenians say that, with time, they have learned to take their image as “foreigners” [in Armenia] in stride, but caution that much work remains to be done to encourage acceptance of diaspora Armenians resident in Armenia.”

http://www.eurasianet.org/node/62178
      problems that Armenians should face in order to improve Armenian society and mentality

as to the topic under discussion - many Iranian Armenians do look like Iranians.

Is that because of some mixing down the centuries? perhaps.

or maybe also because when a people live in a different environment (climate etc) for a long
      time their features may slowly begin change

I can assure you that there are records of Iranians establishing rules of morality long before "shah habas" [sic] moved Armenians out of the way of the Ottoman army - you may have heard of the Cyrus Cylinder (6th century BC) or the Avesta - it's universally accepted that Iran was one of the most literate societies
      we have to recognize that Persians had an advanced civilization 3,000 years ago

Armenian-Persian political relations have at times been very close but at other times less
      friendly over the last 3000 years

The important thing is that the Armenian community in Iran has been well treated
      Last edited by lampron; 04-15-2011, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lampron View Post
        ...The important thing is that the Armenian community in Iran has been well treated
        Peace and respect for your civilized comments. Good questions that you asked too.

Individuals like you will take Armenia to great places.
        Last edited by Persopolis; 04-15-2011, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lampron View Post
          The important thing is that the Armenian community in Iran has been well treated
          I hope you are not comparing Iran to Turkey.

Armenians in Iran have not only earned their rights but have been instrumental in maintaining the sovereignty of Persia at critical times in history.
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

lampron, here is a small example.

Yeprem Khan Davidian......he was an ARF member. Without him and his Armenian/Georgian missionaries there might not have been a Tehran today.

B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

This is probably one of the saddest threads I've see on HYECLUB yet.

Nothing is more sad than when a 2500 year old brotherhood is broken in the name of Zionist propaganda, but the reality is that most Armenians love Iran, whether you like it or not, there will always be an Iranian-Armenian brotherhood. No amount of your expat ferver will ever change the fact that you Armenians have Iranian blood in you. There is something in the soul of an Iranian that tells me he's Iranian, and with Armenians, it's the same way. Our culture, our attitude, our norms, even the way we talk and move, we're similar, we're brothers.

Does this anger you? Good.
              Unlike you, I could care less, I'm a man of honor and nobility, I will always love and protect my Armenian brothers, I view them no differently than I do my Persian brothers. We are one, and no amount of Zionist and AmeriKKKan propaganda will change that. I would rather die than denounce my friendship and brotherhood with the Azari, Persian, and Armenian people, we will always be one and I will always offer my home and my services to any Armenian in need.

Unlike the xxxified, Zionist pigs on these boards, we're not interested in your sectarian bullxxxx. Long live Armenians, one of the greatest Iranian ethnic groups I know, GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

Comment

Mos is a two-faced child by the way, he also sent me messages about getting a Persian wife.

People like him don't represent Aryan Armenian culture, he's the descendant of a sick, degenerate, Western, Zioculture.

I have nothing against Mos, I consider him my brother, and would gladly teach him how to get a Persian wife, as Armenians and Iranians are the same race.

Comment

you're just an idiot for not being able to comprehend what I wrote to you. I was asking you about Persian attitudes towards non-Muslims marrying their women, nothing about my personal endeavours.

You have no right to even speak on this forum, it was you making anti-Armenian threads like "Armenia being okay with giving away Southern Armenia" or ridiculous ones like " Are you okay with Gay Armenian", you think we haven't forgot?

You and Persepolis should just take your BS "greater Iran" material somewhere else. We are not the same race, we are not part of Greater Iran, we are our own proud strong nation, culture, and people. We have good historical ties with Iran - but it doesn't go deeper than that, and stop fantasizing about it. Apparently you are the ones jealous of Armenians, and trying to be like us. Or have some disillusion self identity crisis.

God when will these 2 persians leave our forum, and leave it to peace.
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---
                  "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                    You and Persepolis should just take your BS "greater Iran" material somewhere else. We are not the same race, we are not part of Greater Iran, we are our own proud strong nation, culture, and people. We have good historical ties with Iran - but it doesn't go deeper than that.
                    It is well known among Armenians that ancient Armenian kings had Persian origins, so it does go deeper than you think

Armenia is a separate nation, absolutely, but as a small nation, its cultural identity has been influenced by neighbouring bigger powers such as the ottomans (probably the biggest influence), and before them, Persians and Byzantines, and over the last 200 years also by Russians. Iranians have continued to have an impact on Armenian mentality through the large Armenian community in Iran , and the fact that historic Armenian monasteries are located on Iranian territory

Important to remember - Iran had a very positive role in the five Armenian semi-independent Karabakh melikdoms in the 18th century

Since independence, Armenia has also come under US/western influence. Some positive, some negative
                    Last edited by lampron; 04-16-2011, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Azar View Post
                      This is probably one of the saddest threads I've see on HYECLUB yet.

Nothing is more sad than when a 2500 year old brotherhood is broken in the name of Zionist propaganda, but the reality is that most Armenians love Iran, whether you like it or not, there will always be an Iranian-Armenian brotherhood. No amount of your expat ferver will ever change the fact that you Armenians have Iranian blood in you. There is something in the soul of an Iranian that tells me he's Iranian, and with Armenians, it's the same way. Our culture, our attitude, our norms, even the way we talk and move, we're similar, we're brothers.

Does this anger you? Good.
                      Unlike you, I could care less, I'm a man of honor and nobility, I will always love and protect my Armenian brothers, I view them no differently than I do my Persian brothers. We are one, and no amount of Zionist and AmeriKKKan propaganda will change that. I would rather die than denounce my friendship and brotherhood with the Azari, Persian, and Armenian people, we will always be one and I will always offer my home and my services to any Armenian in need.

Unlike the xxxified, Zionist pigs on these boards, we're not interested in your sectarian bullxxxx. Long live Armenians, one of the greatest Iranian ethnic groups I know, GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
                      what brotherhood??? after Armenians, Greeks, Egyptians and Iranians came together and destroyed assyria every nation lived in peace except Iran. Ever since then you guys have been conquering neighboring countries and getting bigger and bigger. Armenians have been in war with iranians for more than 2500 years and now youre coming here and talking of a 2500 year old brotherhood???

tgheq, es parsikner@ stegh ankap chen ekel. sranq mi npatak unen...

Comment

Working...
                      X