Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Politics in Hayastan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Politics in Hayastan

Originally posted by Mher View Post
    But Gago should not be the one to replace him. He is just as corrupt and guilty as anyone in the ruling power, but what makes him worse is that he is highly unintelligent. I can not imagine the embarrassment of having that overweight gorilla represent Armenia internationally. What's worse, is if actually starts a revolutionary movement, damages the country, and Armenian blood is shed to bring that monkey to power.

It is so frustrating that we can't get one proper party in that country. To me Raffi and the Heritage party continue to be the closest thing to a non criminal party around. Unfortunately, he didn't cease the opportunity he had, and his appeal and his movement have both faded away.
    I cannot say I totally disagree with you.

Here is my take.

Although a President ultimately takes credit for what has gone right for the country he has to take responsibility with what has gone wrong with the country.

In some countries leaders get crucified for being late in taking decisions and I do not have in mind military decisions.
    This President has no plans, has not announced an agenda, has not targets.
    All he has said “we will build a stronger Armenia” without putting himself forward for cross examination by the public, through media etc.

Generally he does not feel he has to give any explanations to the people.
    His decisions appear off the cuff and without any debate or anything, are appallingly bad and without forward planning.

Coming to Gago I agree he has weaknesses.
    His is a “businessman” Armenian style, not sure about his intellect but he has reasonably good people around him.
    I do not like his dress sense either, its embarrassing.

There are not many politicians who are saints.

In his speeches he is identifying and hitting hard all those things that are wrong with Armenia specifically under the current administration as a politician should do.
    I have no doubt he has a strong team.

He also has put together a coalition whose approach and ideas are presented.
    This would guarantee his team to be scrutinised and answerable to the coalition members.

To my mind we need a president who has a sense of history.
    What I mean is every Politician wants a reward for doing the Presidents job.
    Thus far the presidents we have had have sough financial rewards through direct and indirect methods.
    Occasionally have also sought power beyond what is reasonable for a democratic country with a constitution, all this tinged with incompetence, with no visible results.

What we need is a President who sees his reward, the fact that he will go into our history books for his achievement, that is what I mean a sense of history.
    Frequently the word legacy is used which for me is too narrow because it refers to specific achievement.

We need something much broader and with depth because we have slipped too far behind.

Not sure if Gago is the best man but I cannot see others who have thrown their hat in the ring.

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
    Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
    Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
      I cannot say I totally disagree with you.

Here is my take.

Although a President ultimately takes credit for what has gone right for the country he has to take responsibility with what has gone wrong with the country.

In some countries leaders get crucified for being late in taking decisions and I do not have in mind military decisions.
      This President has no plans, has not announced an agenda, has not targets.
      All he has said “we will build a stronger Armenia” without putting himself forward for cross examination by the public, through media etc.

Generally he does not feel he has to give any explanations to the people.
      His decisions appear off the cuff and without any debate or anything, are appallingly bad and without forward planning.

Coming to Gago I agree he has weaknesses.
      His is a “businessman” Armenian style, not sure about his intellect but he has reasonably good people around him.
      I do not like his dress sense either, its embarrassing.

There are not many politicians who are saints.

In his speeches he is identifying and hitting hard all those things that are wrong with Armenia specifically under the current administration as a politician should do.
      I have no doubt he has a strong team.

He also has put together a coalition whose approach and ideas are presented.
      This would guarantee his team to be scrutinised and answerable to the coalition members.

To my mind we need a president who has a sense of history.
      What I mean is every Politician wants a reward for doing the Presidents job.
      Thus far the presidents we have had have sough financial rewards through direct and indirect methods.
      Occasionally have also sought power beyond what is reasonable for a democratic country with a constitution, all this tinged with incompetence, with no visible results.

What we need is a President who sees his reward, the fact that he will go into our history books for his achievement, that is what I mean a sense of history.
      Frequently the word legacy is used which for me is too narrow because it refers to specific achievement.

We need something much broader and with depth because we have slipped too far behind.

Not sure if Gago is the best man but I cannot see others who have thrown their hat in the ring.

you are right in regards to the fact that there are very few saints in politics. there are many historic and current examples of repented oligarchs and business criminals who have repented and opted to fight for their country in politics.

But I don't see any reason to believe that this is what he wants to do. The problem is when he speaks, he simply spells out list of complaints that common people on the street make. He has never spoken about through what policies or reforms he will remedy these problems. Perhaps because the most basic domestic solution to many problems is proper enforcement of taxes, elimination of monopolies, and persecution of corruption; all of which would make him more guilty than any other. He has largely built his base from underprivileged people in the provinces who depend on him like serfs in a medieval feudal system. More importantly, I find it hard to put my faith in someone with his background to clean up a culture of corruption. It is literally like electing a mob boss as police chief in order for him to clean up the city. He should be one of the very last people talking about theft considering the hundreds of millions he likely owes the Armenian public. I think your last point is very accurate, and applies to many important leaders in history and today. Unfortunately, I can't begin to imagine a man like him being capable of that level of thinki

Though likely self-serving, his efforts against Sargsyan's attempt of extending rule are his strongest attribute. At the end of the day, perhaps it takes someone like him who can't be easily taken down to create a more competitive political atmosphere. Though both sides are a burden to the country, at least neither side is able to take complete control. More importantly, his background creates serious discourse for the first time about the elephant in the room, which is the utter theft that both sides have committed which neither side has ever mentioned about the other.

Comment

Maybe we need a military leader like Ohanian in charge.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
          Maybe we need a military leader like Ohanian in charge.
          I am sure Ohanyan has political credit.

A few things which would make it almost impossible for him to throw his hat in the ring.

Lets remember that the incumbent is not in a hurry to go anywhere.
          The current crisis has started because SS wants constitutional reform, the opposition is against it.

How is Ohanyan going to articulate whether he is for or against.
          He would simply be told, mind your own business.

To join the opposition he will have to relinquish his post. Somehow I do not think that’s his style.
          Ofcourse he belongs to the ruling elite and by definition he had to defend it. How is the switch from that position.

Ohanyan is primarily a military man. Do not think he has the networking within the strata of society that Dodig has.
          Dodig has been at it for a considerable time.

Dodig is against political monopoly, so he says,
          He is for able individuals from whatever political group to have executive roles.

I would think this would give Ohanyan the opportunity to be given a very responsible role.

Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
          Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
            ....... The problem is when he speaks, he simply spells out list of complaints that common people on the street make. He has never spoken about through what policies or reforms he will remedy these problems. Perhaps because the most basic domestic solution to many problems is proper enforcement of taxes, elimination of monopolies, and persecution of corruption; all of which would make him more guilty than any other. He has largely built his base from underprivileged people in the provinces who depend on him like serfs in a medieval feudal system. More importantly, I find it hard to put my faith in someone with his background to clean up a culture of corruption. It is literally like electing a mob boss as police chief in order for him to clean up the city. He should be one of the very last people talking about theft considering the hundreds of millions he likely owes the Armenian public. I think your last point is very accurate, and applies to many important leaders in history and today. Unfortunately, I can't begin to imagine a man like him being capable of that level of thinki
            Whether we like him or not this is what he said flanked by other coalition members who by definition are signatory to his statements.
            In particular listen to his statements from 8.00.

Last edited by londontsi; 02-15-2015, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Of course I cannot understand what's being said in the above post as I can't speak armanian. However, I've been through enough election cycles in the USA to know that anybody can proclaim their concern for the majority. It's done every single cycle and is 100% of the time 100% crap.
              Does anyone really think dodi is going to change his colors?
              And Raffi, look who he's now supporting! Can we assume he'd support -- anyone -- that furthered his advance?
              Dodi wants what Sergz has, ie... Direct access and control of the wealth. Everything else is a front.
              Raffi ... Still think he's a USA front.
              Sergz... Corruption to the detriment of the country.
              Not a pretty picture.
              We need someone fresh who is -- not -- going to flop for western smooze. Their are no quick fixes, no matter what the west says.
              So who?
              Unlike the USA where it takes millions upon millions to run a campaign , a modestly financed campaign in Hayastan could reach the entire voting population.
              I think the $ is there, but where is the candidate?

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                Of course I cannot understand what's being said in the above post as I can't speak armanian. However, I've been through enough election cycles in the USA to know that anybody can proclaim their concern for the majority. It's done every single cycle and is 100% of the time 100% crap.
                Does anyone really think dodi is going to change his colors?
                And Raffi, look who he's now supporting! Can we assume he'd support -- anyone -- that furthered his advance?
                Dodi wants what Sergz has, ie... Direct access and control of the wealth. Everything else is a front.
                Raffi ... Still think he's a USA front.
                Sergz... Corruption to the detriment of the country.
                Not a pretty picture.
                We need someone fresh who is -- not -- going to flop for western smooze. Their are no quick fixes, no matter what the west says.
                So who?
                Unlike the USA where it takes millions upon millions to run a campaign , a modestly financed campaign in Hayastan could reach the entire voting population.
                I think the $ is there, but where is the candidate?

Artashes

The opposition was fractured therefore individually they split the vote allowing for SS to dominate or at least steal the vote easily.

It appears opposition has united behind one man headlong against SS.

The equation is complicated because SS wants changes in the constitution.

However unlikely there will be another candidate.

The coalition comprises of the strongest opposition parties.

The working group has been formulating their strategy for a substantial period.

As regards Gago changing his ways I would say he is not short of a penny or two. Including overseas operations.
                Unlikely his main aim is to rob the kitty.

My concern would be how he would cope. Specifically in the international field.
                In Armenia he divides the country between those who are mesmerised by his wealth and those look at him by contempt.
                He can live with that.

The question has to be can the nation afford such a split in the international arena.

Comment

«Կհանձնարարեմ վարչապետին հրաժարականի դիմում գրել և կցրեմ կառավարությունը»

ՀԱՅԿ ԿՈՆՋՈՐՅԱՆ, Պատմաբան
                  Հասարակություն - 15 Փետրվարի 2015,

ՀՀԿ խորհրդի նիստում Սերժ Սարգսյանը կոշտ ելույթ ունեցավ, որը ցնցեց Հայաստանի քաղաքական օրակարգը: Բայց նրա անկեղծությունը վերաբերում էր միայն մեդալի մի կողմին: Իսկ ի՞նչ կլիներ, եթե նա խոսեր, օրինակ, այսպես.
                  Հարգելի գործընկերներ,

Երկրում ստեղծված իրավիճակը հաշվի առնելով՝ մենք ուղղակի պարտավոր ենք մի պահ կանգ առնել ու հասկանալ, թե ինչպես ենք քաղաքական դաշտը կրկին դարձնում զուտ քաղաքական գործիչների հարթակ, ինչպես ենք քաղաքականությունը մաքրում տգիտությունից ու գործընթացները վերադարձնում մտավոր դաշտ: Ուստի, ես առաջարկում եմ, որ ձեզանից շատերն այսօր ևեթ վերադարձնեն կուսակցական անդամատոմսը և հեռանան քաղաքական դաշտից` ընդմիշտ: Դուք ոչ միայն ոչինչ չեք հասկանում պետությունից, հասարակությունից, սոցիոլոգիայից ու քաղաքականությունից, այլև լրջորեն շփոթում է կյանքը կրկեսի հետ, իսկ պետությունը ձեր բոստանի հետ:

Մենք կրկեսի վերածելու հայրենիք չունենք: Դրա համար, ես հենց այսօր կհանձնարարեմ հանրապետության վարչապետին` հրաժարականի դիմում գրել և կցրեմ կառավարությունը: Այս կառավարությունը ամեն ինչի հետ կապ ունի, բացի պետության շահի հետ: Երևի մտածում եք, թե ովքեր կփոխարինեն ձեզ: Ասեմ:

Հայաստանում կան հայրենասեր, գրագետ ու աշխատող մարդիկ, մարդիկ, ում հետ կարող ենք ճանապարհ անցնել, ովքեր իսկապես կարող են խնդիրներ լուծել, ոլորտներ առաջ տանել և մեջք մեջքի կանգնել մեր երկրի դեմ ծառացած մարտահրավերներին դիմակայելիս: Ահա այսպիսի կոնսոլիդացիա, այսպիսի համախմբում է հարկավոր մեր երկրին, որ խնդիրները լուծենք, ոչ թե նոր խնդիրներ հարուցենք:

Տասնամյակներ շարունակ, մենք խելացի ու գրագետ մարդկանց պահեցինք ստվերում, գիտնականին հասցրեցինք թշվառության շեմին, մտավորականի ձայնը խլացրինք համատարած տգիտության աղմուկի մեջ: Դրա համար էլ մեր երկրում խիյարը թարս աճեց: Բայց եկել է փոփոխությունների ժամանակը:

Մենք պիտի քաղաքական դաշտը իսպառ մաքրենք ֆեոդալական տրամաբանությունից: Դրա համար, ես կհանձնարարեմ հանրապետական խմբակցության պատգամավորներին՝ շուտափույթ մշակել օրենքի նախագիծ, որն այսուհետ կարգելի քաղաքականությամբ զբաղվել ձեզանից շատերին: Ժամանակն է ամբարտավանին ցույց տալու իր տեղը, տգետին՝ իր տեղը, իսկ մոլորյալին՝ իրենը: Ժամանակն է առերեսվել իրականության հետ:

Այսօրվա քաղաքական էլիտան մեր երկրի համար դարձել է չարիք: Ու դա բնական է: Քաղաքական գործընթացներին մասնակից լինելու համար անհրաժեշտ մեխանիզմներ տնօրինող, բայց մտավոր ցածր ունակություններով անհատները ինքնաբերաբար դառնում են որևէ զարգացման ուղղակի արգելակ: Ցանկացած լուսավոր անհատ կամ ցանկացած լուսավոր գաղափար մեր երկրում հրապարակ իջնելուց` միանգամից մոլեգնում է խավարի ուժը. աղաղակ, պիտակավորում, անվանարկում: Բթամիտ կարիերիստների և պնակալեզ «մտավորականների» մարտնչող տգիտությանը բախվելով` այդ լուսավոր մարդիկ հիասթափվում են, մեկուսանում, հեռանում երկրից:

Ստեղծված իրավիճակում ես ընդունում եմ մեղքի իմ բաժինը: Տարիներ շարունակ ես եմ ուղղակիորեն արգելել, որպեսզի ձեզ հրապարակավ մեղադրեն, պատասխանատվության ենթարկեն օրենքի ողջ խստությամբ, ցույց տան ձեզ ձեր իրական տեղը: Միշտ փորձել եմ համբերատար լինել, ներողամիտ լինել, ճիշտ ուղղություն ցույց չեմ տվել ձեզ: Սխալվել եմ: Փորձել եմ պաշտպանել ձեզանից շատերին, բայց չեմ նկատել, որ դրանով վնասում եմ ամբողջ քաղաքական դաշտը, քանի որ ձեզանից շատերի առկայությունն ինքնին աղճատում է ողջ դաշտը:

Հարգելի՛ ներկաներ, բոլորդ իմ հավատարիմ թիմակիցներն եք եղել: Մենք երկար ճանապարհ ենք անցել: Բայց ես շատ լավ գիտեմ, որ հիմա դուք մտովի ինձ մեղադրում եք նման քաղաքական կամ ավելի շուտ վայ-քաղաքական էլիտայի վերջը տալու իմ որոշման համար: Բայց հասկացեք, ձեր ժամանակն ավարտվել է: Ոչ միայն ձեր, այլև մյուս կուսակցությունների ձեր պես գործիչների:

Սխալը պետք է ուղղել: Արագ, մինչև վերջ և հստակ: Այլևս որևէ մեկը կանգնելու կամ հապաղելու իրավունք չունի:
                  Իսկ հիմա ներկաներ, մեր քայլերի մասին:

1. Այսօր իմ հրամանագրով` կսկվի մեկամսյա ժամկետում Ազգային Ժողովը ցրելու գործընթացը: Երկրի օրենսդիր բարձրագույն մարմինը կինոթատրոն չէ, որ ով ցանկանա գա, երբ ցանկանա գա:

2. 2012-2014թթ. ԱԺ գումարած նիստերից շատերին ձեր մեծ մասը բառ անգամ չի խոսել, ոչ մի օրենսդրական նախաձեռնությամբ հանդես չի եկել: Եթե դուք այդ աստիճանի արհամարհում եք ձեր ընտրողներին և Ազգային ժողովի դերը, ապա ես դրա իրավունքը չունեմ: Ես վաղվանից կնախաձեռնեմ նման անհեթեթ վիճակին վերջ տալու համար:

3. Տարիներ ի վեր շարունակում են օդում կախված մնալ չստուգված լուրերը ձեր չմուծված միլիարդավոր դրամ հարկերի, կասկածելի ճանապարհով ձեռք բերված ձեր կարողությունների մասին: Ես հորդորում եմ Հայաստանի Հանրապետության Ազգային Անվտանգության պետին` հանձնարարել համապատասխան օղակներին` մինչև վերջ ու մանրամասն ստուգել այս լուրերի իսկությունը և բաց ներկայացնել բոլորին: Այն ամբողջ կարողությունը, որը դուք ձեռք եք բերել ապօրինի ճանապարհով, օրենքով ձեզանից կվերցվի և կազգայնացվի:

4. Շարունակում են նաև օդում կախված մնալ ձեր կողմից բազմաթիվ քրեական հանցագործություններ պրոֆեսիոնալ կերպով քողարկելու մեխանիզմ հիմնելու մասին չստուգված լուրերը: Վաղը ես հրավիրելու եմ Անվտանգության խորհրդի նիստ, որտեղ մեր իրավապահների հետ համապատասխան անդրադարձ կլինի, թե ինչպես վարվել նման լուրերի և ձեզ հետ:

Վերջում ասեմ, որ խոսքս ամբողջությամբ ձեր քաղաքական կամ կեղծ-քաղաքական գործունեության մասին էր: Որպես Հայաստանի Հանրապետության քաղաքացիների և գործարարների, ես ձեզ հետ կապված որևէ խնդիր չեմ տեսնում, եթե, իհարկե, հիմնավորապես հերքվեն օրենքի հետ խնդիրներ ունենալու մասին բոլոր լուրերը: Այսքանը:

- See more at: http://www.lragir.am/index/arm/0/soc....HoXZ1ywS.dpuf

Comment

Armenian Opposition Decides To Hold ‘Urgent’ Rally

Karlen Aslanian

Հրապարակված է՝ 15.02.2015

Armenia’s key opposition parties seeking an immediate regime change have decided to hold a joint “urgent” rally in Yerevan next Friday in response to a government crackdown against one of them.

The leaders of the Prosperous Armenia Party (BHK), the Armenian National Congress (HAK) and Heritage met late on Sunday to discuss further steps of their alliance known as the trio after President Serzh Sarkisian told his ruling Republican Party of Armenia that Gagik Tsarukian, who heads the BHK, is “evil” and must be excluded from the political process.

Earlier, Tsarukian effectively warned Sarkisian to give up his plans for reforming the Constitution, which are seen by the BHK and other major opposition groups as an attempt by the current administration to consolidate its grip on power, or face street protests organized by the opposition.

The trio released a joint statement tonight, saying that Tsarukian, the HAK’s Levon Ter-Petrosian and Heritage’s Raffi Hovannisian and their extended delegations discussed the current “internal political emergency” during their meeting.

Invoking the law on freedom of assembly, the three parties said they would call their joint “urgent all-national rally” for February 20 “in order to discuss the situation with citizens and make a decision for resolving the situation.” Under Armenia’s law, holding ‘urgent’ rallies does not require notification of local authorities well in advance of the event.

The HAK and Heritage are known to have been seeking the resignation of President Sarkisian for years. Ter-Petrosian, who was independent Armenia’s first president in 1991-1998, and Hovannisian, who briefly served as Armenia’s foreign minister in the early 1990s, were the main rivals of Sarkisian in the presidential elections of 2008 and 2013, respectively. Both opposition leaders refused to recognize Sarkisian’s official victories in those ballots and staged post-election protests.

BHK leader Tsarukian did not openly demand Sarkisian’s resignation until last Friday when he responded to the president’s offensive.

The three opposition parties plan to gather their supporters in Yerevan’s Liberty Square. They already held two well-attended rallies in the Armenian capital last fall.

Armenia’s key opposition parties seeking an immediate regime change have decided to hold a joint “urgent” rally in Yerevan next Friday in response to a government crackdown against one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
                      Whether we like him or not this is what he said flanked by other coalition members who by definition are signatory to his statements.
                      In particular listen to his statements from 8.00.

We shall see at the upcoming rally if there is any substance to his movement. If he has has tangible ideas on reforms to improve the country, if there is a clear idea of how change would be brought on, how power would be shared, how better rule of law would be implemented, how a better judicial system would take hold....... or if its going to be another listing of problems caused by SS.

But I do agree that he is the only alternative to SS at the moment. LTP can die for all anyone in Armenia cares, and Raffi has not proven himself to be a leader.
                      Last edited by Mher; 02-15-2015, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X