Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Trouble in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble in Armenia

As anyone that follows Armenian news would know, right now Armenia is in a bad spot. The opposition and the authorities are quite divided and there doesnt seem much room for a compromise, with the opposition asking for a referendum of confidence and Kocharian and his allies dismissing the idea completely. I just read an article that really troubled me very much: http://www.armenialiberty.org/armeni...DCCBE1F764.ASP

because it shows how the authorities are cracking down and are not even making a pretense of being democratic or open. this makes me angry and now i am in support of the opposition.

Armenia's GDP actually shrunk in January as compared to last January, and the rise in GDP in February as compared to last February was one of the lowest in the CIS. This demonstrates to me how the GDP growth was so dependant on Kirk Kirkorian's Lincy aid. I am sick and tired of Kocharian and his undemocratic way of running the country. He has failed on almost every one of his promises. From settleing the Kharabakh conflict to creating jobs. And everywhere I look I read about how bad the situation is.

#1 Russia basically controls our country
    #2 Half the country is living in poverty
    #3 The entire country except for Yerevan is not growing at all
    #4 The environmental situation in the country is absolutely horrendous.
    #5 Corruption is rampant and it seems anyone connected with the government can get away with anything
    #6 Democracy is extremely stifled. From the latest attacks on the opposition and the press and unqualified arrests of opposition deputies to us just recently passin the 2nd anniversary of the closure of A1+.

Now I'm not saying that Demirchian is going to come and solve all our problems but I think that he is young and is not instilled with the corruption and deceit of the communist system and will not try to stifle democracy and use force against his opposition. We also need someone who looks to the US and EU and not to old decaying Russia for help.

Maybe it's time the people ousted that motherfocker.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

well i think so.
      what about you

Comment

I think so too but whats the alternative? Anyone who sits on the throne is not going to give a damn. These people should have their penises cut off. I hate politicians with a fury. They are all evil and all expendable.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

It is a shame that it is more of a mafia than a government. What percentage of financial aid filtered through the government gets lost? Unbelievable. What may be good, if it has not happened yet (I do not know), is if some spyurkahyes step into to the government. It probably is not possible, unfortunately. It is just that I would like to see Armenia on the map, so to speak, but it's own worst enemies are the Armenians. How embarrassing is that?

Comment

I'm in a state of pure anger and disbelief right now.

The year had seemingly started well with a (kind of) crackdown on corruption, Armenia joining GRECO, and talks of improvement.

There HAVE been SOME improvements...
            Such as Parliament actually dropping a bill because of public opinion, or the son of a minister being accused with murder (it would have probably been ignored a few years earlier......but I still don't see how the son of a non-corrupt minister is committing murder, and owns a brand new SUV at the age of 21).

Lately, all we are seeing is BS after BS after BS. One official being replaced by the other, who in turn is being replaced by the first one. It's like this infinite cycle of the same corrupt people who are being recycled.

Serzh Sarkisian is acting like nothing short of a military dictator. Kocharian is doing nothing to condemn anything, and seems quite comfortable with the whole fiasco.....and the opposition just seems to be using rhetoric.

I want Kocharian and Sarkisian, with their huge, bald, leather jacket wearing thugs, OUT. I want the tobacco company owning MPs, who block legislation making the sale of tobacco illegal to minors, OUT. I'm just not sure if I want anyone from the opposition IN. Maybe Stepan Demirchyan is the best option. He is the only one in which I have a little (veeeery little) hope. But he has surrounded himself with idiots like Aram Sargsyan, Albert Bazeyan....all people who have scores to settle with Kocharian, and who do not seem in the least bit concerned with Armenia's well-being. Armenia needs and deserves a viable option. My opinion is that diasporans should be a lot more involved. And this is definitely not some anti-Hayastantsi remark. Hayastantsis from the new generation also need to be more involved. I just don't see how Soviet apparatchiks (that was the word, right?) running the show with their old mentality will be able to change (or want to change) anything.

Comment

Hey, Baron, watch it with the "bald" comments.

Comment

Originally posted by dusken
                Hey, Baron, watch it with the "bald" comments.
                Ooh! Did I say bald? I meant bold....yes...bold.

Cause what they were doing is really courageous...and stuff.....

Comment

Armenians need more suicide bombers to go and blow up the president.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                    Armenians need more suicide bombers to go and blow up the president.
                    Not at all. That will just stregthen the authorities' hold on the situation. They will use "emergency measures" as an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                    X