Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Trouble in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to step in and become a dictator just long enough for me to decide how things should be run and who will be running it. And I will always remain in the background to makes sure that they do not make a mistake. If they do, I will torture them.
    Last edited by dusken; 04-06-2004, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Well it looks like things have really started today. According to the police there were 6,500 people rallying today. According to Artarutyun there were 25 000 people. Reuters puts it at 20 000 and Associated Press at "more than 10 000". It is worth noting that the authorities closed the roads to Yerevan in order to keep opposition supporters from the provinces from coming to the rally. Whatever the number is it seems that a lot of people got out and from the reactions of the coalition parties and Kocharian himself it seems that there is in fact a slim chance he might resign. By the way it is remarkeable that there was no violence and the police did not try to disperse the rally despite the fact that it was not sanctioned by the city.

Lets hope there is no violence and that there might be some results from all of this.

Comment

They should publically hang that focking xxxxxxx. I hate him. I wish someone kills him. But not before torturing him for 23 days.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

Wow. Kocharian actually feeling some pressure? So it seemed while reading the news today. The parties of the coalition government said they were ready to discuss the confidence vote and other such topics, as long as it is outside the Parliament. For the country's and the people's sake, the opposition should stop the whole "we will not discuss, we only want power change" stance and at least hold some form of discussion.

In somewhat related news, the minister whose son was arrested for murder resigned from his post today...which is a good thing.

Comment

I heard they had a sit down today. Hopefully all will be fixed. I dont trust the politics the US is trying to run in that region.

Comment

I AM OUTRAGED!!!

OUT WITH KOCHARIAN AND HIS CRONIES!!! This is the saddest news I've heard in a while. What the government did today is not something the government has the right to do. Kocharian is a disgusting individual if he is at the head of all of this.

We need change, and we need change fast....but where is the alternative???

Comment

What is in the news?

Comment

Merci Vrouyr jan. Apres.
                  Last edited by TJ; 04-13-2004, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Well. it seems the protests are over? is it? i am still somewhat optomistic mainly because demirchian and geghamian are issuing optomistic statements.

Kocharian I hope you are reading this. Get the Fcuk out of office.

If i could only be in Armenia right now!

Comment

Me and Tigran don't disagree on the sad state of affairs and the need for change, where we disagree is our personalities and this something that goes back far. I just don't like the runt, and he feels the same.
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X