Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Trouble in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anonymouse
    Me and Tigran don't disagree on the sad state of affairs and the need for change, where we disagree is our personalities and this something that goes back far. I just don't like the runt, and he feels the same.
    Fair enough. You dislike the runt, he dislikes the idiot. Let us now move on, and stick to the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants
      I'm having a hard time keeping myself from going crazy over what happened last night in Yerevan.
      Baron, is this what you are referring to?

I am especially worried, since my family resides on Marshal Baghramian poghots.

POLICE DISPERSE OPPOSITION RALLY

YEREVAN, APRIL 13, ARMENPRESS: Armenian police used water cannons and stun grenades to disperse an opposition rally in Yerevan, that was demanding the resignation of president Robert Kocharian. A special operation for driving the protesters from the Marshal Baghramian Avenue, where the presidential palace and the parliament building are situated, was started today morning at 02.00, local time.

The police told Armenpress that the decision to start the operation was made after the unsanctioned rally, organized by the Ardarutyun (Justice ) alliance and the National Unity on April 12, moved from Theater Square in downtown Yerevan to Baghramian Avenue, developing into an uncontrolled gathering that was accompanied by provocative calls and offensive language together with announcements for a violent overthrow of the current authorities.

The police said the gathering disrupted the traffic and normal work of several government agencies and foreign diplomatic missions and public order, as the demonstrators were singing and dancing, shattering peace and quiet of residents in nearby houses.

The police said that despite numerous warnings that their actions were illegal and in violation of laws, and that they would be retaliated appropriately if continued, the demonstrators took no notice, throwing in response fire-bombs, bottles and stones.

The police said the demonstrators' actions were getting more and more aggressive, threatening both police officers and ordinary citizens, as a result they had to apply physical force and other measures, stipulated by the Law on Police, to stave off further offenses of the law and neutralize the danger to people's life and health. The police said demonstrators were armed with batons, metal rods and knives.

The clash between police officers and demonstrators left several officers and demonstrators injured, some were taken to hospitals. The police said some of opposition activists and leaders were detained, including a parliament member Shavarsh Kocharian, who, they said, was armed with a gun. Some of other opposition leaders took to flight. The police said they are now tying to track them down and arrest. The police said they have notified the chief prosecutor about their actions. They also said that the situation is now under the full control of the authorities.

Comment

That, and this:

Police brutality reached a new height in Armenia on Tuesday when four journalists covering the heavy-handed government response to an opposition demonstration were beaten up and badly injured by security forces.

Armenia’s opposition faced the worst ever government crackdown in the early hours of Tuesday after its peaceful demonstration in Yerevan was brutally dispersed by security forces using water cannons and stun grenades.

And some great words from Raffi Hovanissian about the whole thing

A1+ The most urgent and objective information from Armenia. News, videos, live streams/ online/. Politics, Social, Culture, Sports,interviews, everything in a website

Comment

Time for a clean up and overthrow of that ruling government, eh? Someone ought to assassinate that Turkic president. If only I had sniper skills.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

You want Kocharian out but the Azeris also want their arch enemy Kocharian out... Kocharian won the Presidental vote,last April, Armenia's Constitutional Court confirmed the results of the presidential vote... So whats the problem?
            Why do you want to "overthrow" the Goverment of Armenia? The Armenian oppostion is funded by "external forces" why would and Armenian support that.... Either way Kocharian is here to stay until 2008, the stability of Armenia is the most important thing... Even though I support Kocharian I will still criticize him respectfully about the fight against corruption, the shadow economy, and the system of clans, but know this we are a WAR! Their are "dark forces" out their who would like nothing better that to see Armenia wiped off the map...

Kind Regards

A.R.

Comment

Originally posted by A.R.
              You want Kocharian out but the Azeris also want their arch enemy Kocharian out... Kocharian won the Presidental vote,last April, Armenia's Constitutional Court confirmed the results of the presidential vote... So whats the problem?
              Why do you want to "overthrow" the Goverment of Armenia? The Armenian oppostion is funded by "external forces" why would and Armenian support that.... Either way Kocharian is here to stay until 2008, the stability of Armenia is the most important thing... Even though I support Kocharian I will still criticize him respectfully about the fight against corruption, the shadow economy, and the system of clans, but know this we are a WAR! Their are "dark forces" out their who would like nothing better that to see Armenia wiped off the map...

Kind Regards

A.R.
              If you go through my past posts, I had repeatedly stated that Armenia needs stability, and that I don't trust Aram Sargsyan/Artashes Geghamian any more than I trust Kocharian. But what Kocharian's clan did today was disgusting. Attacking journalists and peaceful protesters? If we are going to accept a dictatorship for the sake of stability, we are DOOMED.

Just because he won a (rigged) election doesn't mean he has the right to erase freedom of expression and freedom of the press off the constitution.

Even if there is no revolution, I'm hoping the authorities will WAKE UP, and wake up soon. Our country deserves better.

Comment

Lets see who runs the propaganda machine called RFE/RL "Armenia" Liberty
                which you love to get your news {I call it Propaganda} from...

Armenian society is already realizing who and what 'dark forces' are behind the RFE/RL

RADIO LISTENER INFURIATED BY RFE/RL REPORTING

'I was extremely enraged after reading a mean and shameless
                story, posted on your Internet website, telling about how the
                Armenian youths reacted to demonstration of a Turkish film in
                Yerevan. But it was not the protest of the youths that made me
                furious, but your denial of the Armenian genocide,' Zareh
                Sinanian, an employee of a well-known Californian Zelle-Hofmann
                legal firm, wrote in a latter, addressed to the Armenian Service
                of the RFE/RL.

'It was an unprincipled story and not signed. The events and
                historical facts of 1915 Enough! You have exposed long before your true face
                as the
                propaganda machine that serves the interests of the USA and
                Israel's ally Turkey. It is not the first time when you present
                the horrible crime, committed against Armenians, as the sole
                result of Armenians' imagination.

We, Armenians, know well the difference between the slaughters
                and genocide. You know it too. But you continue presenting this
                issue in a way as if looking at it 'from the other side.' If it
                is so, try to look at the Holocaust from the 'side of Nazis.'
                Will you dare? Of course, not. Because, there is no 'the other
                side', as is the case with Armenians. Either you are
                demonstrating an unprofessional approach or you add to the
                propaganda of the USA, which makes possible the removal of
                exhibits, related to Armenian genocide, from the Los
                Angeles-based Museum of Tolerance, or you are continuing the
                denial of the Armenian genocide 'because of nationals security reasons.'

In a response letter, Emil Danielian, an editor of the Armenian
                service of the RFE/RL, described it as 'a slander,' not worth
                the RFE/RL's attention. He noted that the report in question was
                provided to RFE/RL by Agence France Press, adding that 'no news
                agency is entitled to amend or edit a report, received from
                another agency.' Then, reminding that the RFE/RL website is
                visited by thousands of people and their radio reports are also
                listened to by thousands of people, he advises Sinanian to look
                at how the RFE/RL reported about April 24.'We do not need
                lessons in moral, especially from narrow-minded people,' Emil
                Danielian concluded.

But it appears that the way how the RFE/RL reported about April
                24 commemoration of the Genocide victims was also insulting for
                Armenians, as it forced Zareh Sinanian to dispatch another
                letter to Danielian, in which he says: 'It is you who needs
                moral lessons. You again hide yourselves behind a report of
                another agency in order to express your position. Genocide
                commemoration in Yerevan you confront to the angry reaction of
                Turkey to unveiling a monument to Armenian composer Komitas in
                Paris, yielding once again to their supporters and their lies.
                You explanations to this effect are not at all appropriate. You
                selected purposely (like last April 22) a report, which is of a
                denial nature. If you reprint or broadcast such 'garbage,' it
                becomes yours too. There is fear and meanness, hidden behind
                your position to present also the other, denialist, side of the
                question. You must either accept the fact of genocide openly or
                deny it. There is no middle way.

I understand that your welfare depends on your work, but there
                are some other things in this world, which do not sell. Do not
                allow you to be involved into the crimes of others. Their
                interests are diametrically opposed to ours. The Armenian
                society is already realizing who and what 'dark forces' are
                behind the RFE/RL. Their policy is not only anti-Armenian but
                also anti-human. There is not a bit of freedom in their service.
                Shame on you that you continue the job started by the Ottoman
                Empire,' by these words Sinanian ends his letter.

__________________________________________________ __

THOMAS A. DINE is president of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, Inc. During his tenure, new broadcasts were launched in Arabic to Iraq, in Persian to Iran, in Albanian to Kosovo, Serbia, in Russian to Latvia, in Macedonian to Macedonia, in Dari and Pashto to Afghanistan, in Avar, Circassian and Chechen to the North Caucasus, and broadcasting to Central Asian and Persian Gulf countries expanded by one third. RFE/RL now broadcasts more than 1000 hours a week from Prague. Prior to assuming his current position, Dine served as the assistant administrator for Europe and the New Independent States of the U.S. Agency for International Development. Earlier he headed the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) from 1980 through June 1993. In the decade of the 1970s, he worked in a variety of professional staff positions in the U.S. Senate and the American Embassy in New Delhi....

Earlier he headed the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC)

Comment

Alright then, go read a1plus.am.

I read news from both sides, as well as from independant observers, and attacking peaceful demonstrators and journalists is still not acceptable.

Comment

If you go through my past posts, I had repeatedly stated that Armenia needs stability, and that I don't trust Aram Sargsyan/Artashes Geghamian any more than I trust Kocharian. But what Kocharian's clan did today was disgusting.

AR
                    Do you mean "Kocharian Clan" or "Karabakh Clan"? What Kocharian did today was stop a coup,they were planing a "Revolution Of Roses" like Georgia and we all know that Soros and the US Goverment was behind that so called
                    "revolution"... This is what happens when you take the law into your own hands...

Attacking journalists and peaceful protesters? If we are going to accept a dictatorship for the sake of stability, we are DOOMED.

AR
                    Those "peacefull" protesters were plotting a coup... A dictatorship?
                    Cmon now, any goverment would have done the same thing, you should
                    have seen what the DC police did to the IMF protestors last year it makes what happend in Armenia childs play...

Just because he won a (rigged) election doesn't mean he has the right to erase freedom of expression and freedom of the press off the constitution.

AR
                    So you are telling me that Dermichyan beat Kocharyan?

Even if there is no revolution, I'm hoping the authorities will WAKE UP, and wake up soon. Our country deserves better.

AR
                    Deservers better but who? Who??? Kocharian is our President whether you like it or not until 2008....

Kind Regards

A.R.

Comment

That Turkic stock President Kocharian is a disgrace. Someone needs to destroy that fool and cut his nads. What is this totalitarianism? When a government is not healthy it has to be overthrown, and the forefathers of America knew that well. Any government that engages in desperates attempts at holding power is a government that has to go.
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X