Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Should Turkey compensate-your thoughts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to mention that if these lands were given back to Armenia, we'd have a larger number of Turks and Kurds in Armenia than Armenians. And they would eventually gain citizenship...and a cute little surprise would await us at the next presidential elections.

Comment

Originally posted by Diar Dants
      Not to mention that if these lands were given back to Armenia, we'd have a larger number of Turks and Kurds in Armenia than Armenians. And they would eventually gain citizenship...and a cute little surprise would await us at the next presidential elections.
      well we could just do what Israel has done in this situation - since - to some degree - it is basically the zionist model that most who call for such follow (meanwhile condemning Israel for xxxxxling on innocents and being racist in outlook - etc)

No matter - it is such an unreal prospect it is hardly even worth discussing - certainly not at the level that most on the internet in these Armenian forums do...

Comment

I was thinking...just the land...no Kurds or Turks....heh

Comment

Originally posted by ArmoBarbi
          I was thinking...just the land...no Kurds or Turks....heh
          And does that make us any better than what we accuse Kurds and Turks of being?

DN DN DNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Comment

I didnt mean to kill them!!! I meant let them live on their own freakin land.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmoBarbi
              I didnt mean to kill them!!! I meant let them live on their own freakin land.
              So we deport them?

That still sounds eerily familiar.

Comment

hummm call me selfish, but I don't really care much about Turks or Kurds living on the lands, as long as we don't harm them, I could care less if they're deported or gain Armenian citizenship (though I prefer deporting). I rather think about what's best for my nation than turkish population. When was the last time they gave a damn about us?

It's unbelievable how some Armenians are saying (voting) Turkey doesn't owe us anything but an apology, no land, no money, it makes me sad ... I think they're getting closer to their goal. Mission accomplished Turkey. Now you can admit to it all without having to pay us a penny for their blood. Good job you guys!

Comment

I can see us getting PARTS of our land back (and this is the idealist in me speaking), such as Ararat, Ani, yevayln.

But when it comes to cities which now have 3 million inhabitants, saying that you'd prefer to deport them is a sign of the Armenians' Turkification.

Comment

Originally posted by Siamanto
                    I'll have a glass of Cointreau in Western Armenia! Anybody cares to join me?
                    Originally posted by CatWoman
                    I'll have a glass of Cointreau in Western Armenia! Anybody cares to join me?
                    You mean you're gonna be alive when that happens? You sure plan to live long.
                    No, I'm not planning to live long. In fact, I hate my life and if my religion allowed it, I would have ended my misery long ago!
                    The fact is that in my family, males live about 427 years - average based on 5 generations, error margin: + or -380
                    !
                    If it does not happen while I'm still alive, I'll cancel the party! You've never canceled a party before?
                    Are you in or not?

On a more serious note, I'm sure that you understand that the meaning of a statement is not always in the text; sometimes, it's in the intent! It's a statement!

Originally posted by CatWoman
                    I don't think they'll ever return our lands, the only way we can ever have our lands back is by military force (which won't be in near future), just like we did with Karabagh...
                    You are truly underestimating the generosity of a Nation who cared enough for our ancestors' lives to assume the monumental cost - despite the economic hardship - of relocating them - as a measure of protection - away from the War Zone and to safer places - like Heaven!
                    I'm ashamed - as an Armenian - to realize how ungrateful we are as a Nation!
                    (Am I becoming as good as ara baliozian? Maybe not enough plagiarism? Still working on it!)

B-side: Of course, they won't . If anything they would claim what's remaining as theirs! I agree with you!

C-side (final cut Don't worry, we'll have a glass of Cointreau in Western Armenia. It will be on me!
                    Last edited by Siamanto; 04-22-2005, 12:32 AM.
                    What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

No, I'm not planning to live long. In fact, I hate my life and if my religion allowed it, I would have ended my misery long ago!
                      The fact is that in my family, males live about 427 years - average based on 5 generations, error margin: + or -380
                      !
                      If it does not happen while I'm still alive, I'll cancel the party! You've never canceled a party before?
                      Are you in or not?

On a more serious note, I'm sure that you understand that the meaning of a statement is not always in the text; sometimes, it's in the intent! It's a statement!

You are truly underestimating the generosity of a Nation who cared enough for our ancestors' lives to assume the monumental cost - despite the economic hardship - of relocating them - as a measure of protection - away from the War Zone and to safer places - like Heaven!
                      I'm ashamed - as an Armenian - to realize how ungrateful we are as a Nation!
                      (Am I becoming as good as ara baliozian? Maybe not enough plagiarism? Still working on it!)

B-side: Of course, they won't . If anything they would claim what's remaining as theirs! I agree with you!

C-side (final cut Don't worry, we'll have a glass of Cointreau in Western Armenia. It will be on me!
                      Hah generosity indeed

I want them to give the land back, and do not care where or how they live. Nor do I care how eerily familiar it sounds. I would not personally kill them or wish to see them be killed by other Armenians - it's not the same.

If it isn't clear still, I do not think we will get our land back any time soon either. It's just something I want, and I know that my wanting doesn't exactly motivate Turkey, but as they say, "to want is not harmful"

Comment

Working...
                      X