Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Should Turkey compensate-your thoughts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ashuri62
    I don't want compensation from Turkey. Money doesnt change anything. It would be as if they were trying to buy 1.5 million Armenian lives.
    so what do you recommend as a solution?
    They started to discuss about the genocide themselves at Turkey. Sooner or later Turkish people will realise that Ottoman government made a genocide against Armenians.
    So what will we do next if they accept the genocide and officially apologize for it?
    Thanks for the apologize, no problem, lets be friends??????????????????????
    See Mount Ararat from Yerevan...

Comment

Shasa - your avatar - "I love my family - I love my race" is something that harkens to similar statments made by Zia GoKalp - (Do you know who he was?) and while seemingly innocent on the surface echo such thoughts that were used as motivations for Turks to rally around and express their hatred toward Armenians (and of course massacre us). Now perhaps you don't fully understand this connection - of the role of race conciuosness as a precursor to genocide and to the Armenian Genocide specifically - (though your "kill them all" comments suggest that perhaps you do) - but I would advise you to learn some more of your history and better understand what seperates the "good guys" from the "bad guys"

Comment

We dont need their money. We certainly do not need their recognition. I know people are going to rip me apart for this but I would rather have our ancestral land back, than get a foney "Im sorry" and nothing in return. Its a complicated issue, i know but land is more important than any financial compensation. The Jews upon international recognition of the Holocaust, have not only recieved their own state in 1947, but also since a few years ago have started to recieve official recompensation from the German government, not the mention all the money the individual jews recieved from court cases and law suits. What is the point of just recognition? I dont understand that is all. Im not bashing other armenians for wanting just a recognition, I know it looks sad now, but the list of countries accepting this genocide is growing every year , and this year alone the armenian lobby in the US congress has been the most powerful ever. We need to stick together thats all I guess. Sooner or later guys im sure they will admit it and we will have the oppurtunity to get our lands back. Until then I guess all we can do is stay strong. We are a strong race that im sure of, as much as we bicker and fight, we are strong, and all of our strength is our unity.

God bless

Comment

oOOOoooo - do you think that the Jews were just handed Palestein? And do you think that all such was free...and that they are not still paying the debt. Of course our situation is different for so very many reasons - and as apealing is the concept of "getting our ancestral lands back" is - and as seemingl to be justice for us - you're right - it is a very complicated issue. At l east two questions remain - 1) what are you willing to do - what atrocities are you willing to commit - to get such lands -and is such really worth it once the human cost is figured? and 2) just what will you go and do once you have secured such? Of course the issue of the possibility of successfully aquiring the land should be rationaly thought through...and maybe even thinking what sort of accomodation with Turkey might allow you to return without otherwise having to napalm the place - etc...yeah otherwise the odds - # of Armenains vs # of Turks...the issue of #s of planes and tanks - of who might step in to prevent such a thing if it ever did occur - etc (though I really don't see Armenai proper risking its existance to recapture some scrub hills - as apealing as they might be to us - particualrly in the face of the Turksih military and such...etc ...so what was it you were saying?

Comment

I agree with many points you have brought up, and I myself do not believe a violent solution is the best solution, but I must bring up that these "Scrub hills" are more than just tweaks and shards of a remenant civilization, they are the ancestral homeland of our people. A full front military campaign is not the best solution in this situation for the simple fact: Sheer numbers. If you would check the CIA world factbook, it is easy to see the difference between the armenian military and the turkish. Also one must consider we were never a militaristic people/society. The best approach is to persue our ambitions through legal pathways, so in those situations our intelligence and unity would show its might over the gun and sword. To address your 2 points.

1) No atrocities would be commited, for at this stage it is exhausting and pointless (Karabagh aquisition resulting in billions of loss in embargos on both flanks). Again i would suggest working within the legal framework of MINSK and such. The value of the lands is priceless, being as if they are rich with the blood of many generations of armenians who through out of history gave their own lives for the promise that we would continue as a people on OUR land.
            2) Our goal once we have acquired such lands should be to involve ourselves in international trade, which would not be complicated or difficult due to the simple fact that we are much more resourceful than our turkomen neighbors and we would be quick to utilize our economy and establish capital returns.

So then again all I have to say is justice is the hands of the people who seek it. By sitting here bickering amongst ourselves we only fortify the lack of unity between our people and aid the enemy is its dreams of "Pan-Turkism. I have much faith in our people, and i know they will never falter nor fade, for we never have and we never will.

God Bless

Comment

Originally posted by shasa
              so what do you recommend as a solution?
              They started to discuss about the genocide themselves at Turkey. Sooner or later Turkish people will realise that Ottoman government made a genocide against Armenians.
              So what will we do next if they accept the genocide and officially apologize for it?
              Thanks for the apologize, no problem, lets be friends??????????????????????
              I'll tell you what I think they should do. They should give us our lands back. Instead of compensating Armenian families with blood-money, they should pay towards the restoration of all the churches and cultural relics that have been left to rot in present day Turkey. They should revise all their history books to acknowledge the truth of what really happened. Thy should publically condemn the actions of Talat & Envar Pasha.

Then, just for good measure, they should tell the Azeri's to back the F*** up before they get a size 12 pabooj up their a$$.
              Last edited by Ashuri62; 04-29-2005, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by o0tinerz0o
                We dont need their money. We certainly do not need their recognition. I know people are going to rip me apart for this but I would rather have our ancestral land back, than get a foney "Im sorry" and nothing in return. Its a complicated issue, i know but land is more important than any financial compensation. The Jews upon international recognition of the Holocaust, have not only recieved their own state in 1947, .....
                And what are you going to do with all those ancestral lands once you miraculously get them back. Are you going to leave your NY apartment and move to some village near Moush or Erzurum?

Jews from Europe had been returning in substantial numbers to live in Palestine for about 100 years prior to 1947 - it was a political and intellectual decision for them. How many Armenians have moved to eastern Turkey since whatever date you want to mention - not one.
                Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

'Cause it's so easy for us to return to Eastern Turkey and build Armenia there, esp. now that the Europeans, including our best friends the Brits and Americans, are helping us steal our lands back and create our own independent republic. Not to mention that a 100 years before 1947, we didn't need to move anywhere.

Don't worry about excess in land. It won't take long before the whole region is populated by Armenians.

Comment

Originally posted by nairi
                    'Cause it's so easy for us to return to Eastern Turkey and build Armenia there, esp. now that the Europeans, including our best friends the Brits and Americans, are helping us steal our lands back and create our own independent republic. Not to mention that a 100 years before 1947, we didn't need to move anywhere.

Don't worry about excess in land. It won't take long before the whole region is populated by Armenians.
                    I don't see it. Doing what? Dry farming? While I very much share the feelings of wishing to see Armenians once more in those lands I don't think it is any kind of a near term possibility.

Additionaly - all Armenains who talk about the Turks giving "our" lands back etc - out of kindness or recognition for what was done - don't at all understand that Turks just don't at all see it that way. They see themselves as victims - that we "stabbed them in the back" when they were down and only got what was comming to us - and that they prevailed over the European powers and all stcked against them and very much deserve the fruit of their victory - Anatolia. - also they don't believe that these were ever our lands. During the Genocide - when confronted by Morganthau and others - Talat stated that there never have been Armenian provinces - and other Turkish leaders have echoed this exactly. Most Armenians fail to understand what we are/have become in the Turkish psyche - to them we are the ultimate betrayers (and that all along we just wanted to steal THEIR land!) - so consider the difficult hurdles that are faced just for them to overcome this misconception - let alone come to terms with the idea that they in fact did anything wrong at all worth apologizing for - and give up THEIR land to us!?!?!?! - you must be nuts!

Comment

Who cares what Turks think? Do they ever care about what we think?

As for OUR land, like I said, don't worry, before you know it, it will be populated. Look at Glendale today. Who would have thought twenty years ago that Armenians could fill up that place in less than one generation. Just give us a village in West Armenia, and see what happens within one generation. Why are you so pessimistic?

Comment

Working...
                      X