Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Should Turkey compensate-your thoughts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if we're never compensated, it's a relief to see how Turks are represented in history books. And I mean the non-Armenian, non-Turkish, non-historian-funded-by-Turkey kind.

Comment

this entire thread is somewhat (quite) lacking in reality

Comment

Like totally.

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by TUR-Friend
            Exactly.
            Well - I do think that most of the positions taken by all in this thread are rather silly and have little bearing on reality (or even potential reality) - but it was your posts in particular that directly inspired my thought to exclaim such...

Again the Jews were better off, more integrated and accepted, and had much less of a history of persecution in Germany as opposed to any other European nation....yet...hm why dat one may ask....(can we blame the Jews themselves? Well let me leave with with some quotes from Robert Melson - Holocaust survivor and current head of the Association of Genocide and Holocaust scholars who has done some very worthwhile comparative research regarding this question:

"...it is seldom the..wretched (who) suffer massacre. To the contrary, it is when they become upwardly mobile , begin to improve their economic, social, cultural, and political situations that they are most likely to be the subjects of massacre. Negros were most likely to be lynched after, not before, reconstruction, Pogroms in the Russian pale coincided with Jewish advance and increase....as Jews began to leave the ghettos in increasing numbers" "It is striking that the Armenian massacres of 1894-96 occured not when Armenian peasents lived out an isolated, backward, and obscure existence in the Eastern vilayets but when they experienced a renaissance."

"The alteration of perceptions on the part of the Porte (from loyal millyet to potential threat) need not have had anything to do with the intentions or even the actions of the Armenians."

"Jews and Armenians experienced rapid economic progress and social mobilization in the 19th century. Such changes were not welcomed by large sections of the larger societies."

ANd for instance traveller George Hughs Hepworth in his Through Armenia by Horseback (1898) writes: "It would be more correct to say that the presence of the revolutionists gave occasion and excuse for the massacres. That the Turks were looking for an excuse no one can doubt..."

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat
              I'm aiming for a trip to the Moon next weekend. I will not get into the why and the how I'm going to do it. And my total lack of any scientific training will not discourage me.
              Siamanto, here is how I got to the Moon last weekend,

So will you now enlighten me on the why and the how you are going to go about the reconquering your ancestral lands.
              Attached Files
              Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

bell the cat great pic dude.

how lovely...

Comment

Turkey should apologize and monetary compensation is a must..... but the following idea carved to our head and protected with stone skull..here it comes.... " Lands should change hands only by fighting..."
                  so it is truly acceptable by Turks that Armenians request their previous home land..but the unnacceptable thing is we give it back nicely and quietly....

you know what...if you say " Hey Turk give us back the land you stole " you will get answers like "NO" and variants..

But if you say...look at his rubbish land and what you are going through to keep those...then Turk will sigh and say " wish we had given here to Armenians ,i dont even like the weather"

to prove my point i will talk about cyprus... most of us Turks think that we must get rid of it because we are spending hell of a money to keep those ungreatfull Cyprus Turk monkeys comfortable and they also hate us because they cannot go to england anymore and they cannot earn much money...

Greek - Give us back our island
                  Turk - no way

it should be like this instead

Greek - Cyprus is a pain in the Azz we are giving it to you...
                  Turk - err..no thanx.. let them unite or you can take it all we dont need it much...

Comment

In addition - modern Turkish national identity is pathologically based upon the idea of the geographic homland of the Turks being Anatolia that was (in the minds of Turks) rightly fought for and won against the machinations of the western Imperialist aggressors (and of course those land grabbing Christian minorities). This is why any hint of the Armenian Genocide issie imediatly brings a response that has to do with Armenians wishing for "Turkish territory". So in this sense it is entirely counterproductive to suggest such and only makes this Turkish mindset kick on and leads to immeditate impass. Of course the Turks have other pathologies at work regarding recognition of Genocide having to do with them seeing themselves as the eternal victims and that all are against them and they see the entire Genocide issue as something that was impossed on them by Imperialist powers using the Christian minorites to force Turkish hands. Regardless of the lack of validity of these views (as excuse for Genocide) this is the mindset of the Turkish elites (that those/most Turks who adopt this thinking parrot) and this is a good deal why Genocide recognition is so difficult.

Comment

• it is rightly fought for..we fought and took it from byzantine didnt we? everywhere we go we rightly fight for it....and when we loose it in a battle we dont fuss about it much...we are not making any noise just because we lost Mekka or somewhere else... we failed to protect those places and now they are rightly fought and lost...

it is not that complicated..it is like playing "king of the hill"....
                      Last edited by Otto; 05-24-2005, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X