Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Should Turkey compensate-your thoughts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Otto
    it is rightly fought for..we fought and took it from byzantine didnt we? everywhere we go we rightly fight for it....and when we loose it in a battle we dont fuss about it much...we are not making any noise just because we lost Mekka or somewhere else... we failed to protect those places and now they are rightly fought and lost...

it is not that complicated..it is like playing "king of the hill"....
    Otto - I'm liking you less all the time. Lucky that I am an American - we can incinerate you if we don't like you. That would be Ok wouldn't it?

Comment

• if you care for my personal opinion there is always war on this planet..and as an American if you have interests in incinerating us for your own people then you should do... on the other hand thinking in this way doesnt mean i like war and killing people..i am comfortable here and being not that much of an idiot i like war only in computer games....

i dont want to backfire you using indians, japan ,vietnam ,korea and iraq at that point... and i will not say anything about American way of giving democracy (incinerating iraqis just because of oil...it is ok by me..how about you? )... surprise surprise Americans are already incinerating people just because they like....

i want to ask you that
      - how can you accept recogniton of Armenian Genocide by the countries that have their own genocide history just like us...i think that means if we were still powerfull then al off you would be silent at the moment ( this statement is purely my own and i am not trying to make you angry... just adding 2 and 2 together using my own maths and please tell me why my 4 is a wrong one)

but honestly i know those wars will never end... i know Armenians arent a nation like us... but must be prepared to defend themselves at all times... if they were as i say maybe they wouldnt mourn for the loss of 1 and half million of their population...

pls dont get me wrong i am really sorry for what happened and i realy hate to see how people seduce the subject.... but accepting the facts of the human nature doesnt make you barbarians like us...
      Last edited by Otto; 05-25-2005, 06:13 AM.

Comment

• Otto -

I will not argue that all nations - such as even the US - are angels. However this is an open society where criticsim is tolerated and all of these issues are discussed and debated. The issue at hand is the criminal behaviours of your nation in the past and the perpetuation of such - through denial and advocation of untruths - even now to this very day. The evidence of the Genocide is overwhelming. It was a massive crime against humanity and specifically against the Armenains and other Christians of the Ottoman Empire - for no just cause save the elimination of undesireable elements within the nation. This was perpetuated by the CUP party consisting of xenophobic and racist ideology. The fact that Turkey and Turks of today cannot come to grips with this and instead perpetuate myths and untrue and exaggerated propagandistic charges and thus are a party to an ongoing genocidal effort is the issue here. Attempting to deflect this by making accusations that others are less then perfect is just another means of dodging responsibility. (funny - you are following your government's most recent declared plan of attack for those nations which recognize the Genocide)

Comment

• Originally posted by winoman
          In addition - modern Turkish national identity is pathologically based upon the idea of the geographic homland of the Turks being Anatolia that was (in the minds of Turks) rightly fought for and won against the machinations of the western Imperialist aggressors (and of course those land grabbing Christian minorities). .
          Only a couple of weeks ago you were making statements that Turkish national identity is pathologically based upon the idea of a greater Turkey, a unification of all Turkic nations. Now you are saying the exact opposite.

if you think every Turk wakes up in the morning and worries incessantly throughout the day about his "national identity" then you are delusional. I doubt if anyone, anywhere, gives a thoughtabout his or her "national identity" more than a couple of time a week, if that.

Every diaspora community will have its cess-pit creatures, full of their petty predjudices and age-old ethnic animocities, And if given a platform to stand upon they would willingly cause wars and the death of millions. (Such creatures were partially responsible for the wars in Iraq and in Kossovo). Most of the so-called Turks that frequented this board recently belonged to that category: first or second-generation "Turkish"-Americans (yuk!).

Otto is not one of them because he actually lives in Turkey.
          Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

• Originally posted by winoman
            Otto - I'm liking you less all the time. Lucky that I am an American - we can incinerate you if we don't like you. That would be Ok wouldn't it?
            And as an American you would.

Turkey's crimes are in the hundreds, and are mostly in the past. America's are in the thousands,and are as much in the present and future as the past.

If it were America, and not Turkey, that had committed the Armenian Genocide what difference would you really think there would be today, except for lots of Hollywood films about poor American GIs forced to deal with the psychological damage of killing all those Armenians.
            Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

• Winoman did i ever said anything like " everybody else is doing it so why cant we?"

pls re-read it
              what i meant to ask is you are in a country that has a incinerating habit and how that makes you feel ( too bad there are no indians left asking for apology)

you can point your finger to me that i killed a lot of people... but you are holding hands with thosew whose history is as dirty as mine... dont you wanna wash your hands?

this was an easy way to evade my question and i know you can do better...

you know i already agree with you about crimes of my country...
              Last edited by Otto; 05-25-2005, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• Otto you are mistaken - there still are Native Americans here - and in fact I have on ongoing (Ok intermitent...) dialoge going with an Oneida who resigned from the employ of the new American Indian Heritage Musuem charging whitewash of Genocide. Additionally he is currently involved in an effort to rectify the awarding of medals for US Army personal for the massacre at wounded knee. He also has been involved in other related efforts. He told me how he had once been invited by an Armenian radio talk show to speak on his efforts but declined as he didn't really know anything about Armenians - well that has since changed and he since meeting me he now regrets not having gone on the show. So yes - i am aware and involved in some of these things.

Additionally I have acknowledged this history prior to your comming to this forum.

Comment

• please excuse winoman after a few drinks he can't stop writing.

Comment

• Originally posted by bell-the-cat
                    Only a couple of weeks ago you were making statements that Turkish national identity is pathologically based upon the idea of a greater Turkey, a unification of all Turkic nations. Now you are saying the exact opposite.
                    no doubt you are because your reading comprehension seems a bit off - unless perhaps it is just deliberate misrepresentation of what I had written...

I never claimed that Pan-Turanism was the prevelant Turkish national identity....only that it was increasingly comming back into vogue among the Turkish elite after having been surpressed due to circumstances (Turks outside of Turkey firmly under the control of Russia, China and others) - but since the fall of the SU efforts were being made and a broader racial awareness among the Turks has been growing. I am not the only one to see this and report on it. Ackam is saying many of the same things I notice...

Also there is perhaps a distinction among what the Turkish elites (and Ataturk) were forced to settle with and their underlying aspirations and dreams. Still the National identity of the Turkish state is heavily tied to the idea of Anatolia as the Turkish homeland and that its borders are sacrosanct.

Comment

• ok if you say there are then be it... if i am wrong then i accept that but somehow i am not totaly satisfied....

this pan turanism thing is not on the rise i tell you... i am here.... it is about sharing resources and making money... and also Greeks have those helenic dreams but i never met a Turk who is saying we should take back our lost lands..we do not desire being a big empire...(at the moment lol)

but nationalism on the rise thats right

Comment

Working...
                      X