Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

When we get East Anatolia back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: When we get East Anatolia back...

Originally posted by ArmSurvival View Post
    I'm quite aware of the extremist element in Turkish society. But if you're going to give the impression that Armenians are hostile to everything Turkish, the moderates in their society, whether they like it or not, will have to side with the extremists. If you only oppose the extremists, the only ones opposing you will be the extremists, and everyone around the world including those within Turkish society will believe you because they will see who the real fanatics are. Turkish society isn't one homogenous group, but the extreme nationalists, since they have the support of the army, get to bully everyone else around, including a significant portion (maybe even the majority) of the population who consider themselves Muslims before Turks.

If we go about it this way, then our enemies will be much fewer.
    Could you rephrase what you said, because I didn't really understand it.

Comment

Ya no problem. If Armenians are hostile to all Turks and everything thats Turkish, then the people in Turkey who sympathize with us (there are many), will have to, whether they like it or not, side with the extreme nationalists against an anti-Turkish force (us).

But if our rhetoric only targets Turkish extremists, the only ones opposing us will be the extremists within Turkish society. The average Turk will not see us as anti-Turkish, and will not have a reason to stand up against us. If you attack Turkish identity rather than Turkish policy, you will unite all Turks under a common cause.

Comment

Ya no problem. If Armenians are hostile to all Turks and everything thats Turkish, then the people in Turkey who sympathize with us (there are many), will have to, whether they like it or not, side with the extreme nationalists against an anti-Turkish force (us).

But if our rhetoric only targets Turkish extremists, the only ones opposing us will be the extremists within Turkish society. The average Turk will not see us as anti-Turkish, and will not have a reason to stand up against us. If you attack Turkish identity rather than Turkish policy, you will unite all Turks under a common cause.
        That's correct. Not all turks supports turkeys racist ethnical cleansing policy. Look at Orhan Pamuk

Btw, I haven't really read this thread, but does anyone really seriously demand Anatolia back? The area is actually inhabited by kurds, not turks.

And I almost think, not having anatolia is better. Modern armenia = europe. Anatolia = Asia? Do you understand what I mean? EU.

Comment

I googled some about the genocide, and I don't really now much about it. But undoubtedly, it was an ethnical cleansing. I found this: http://www.theforgotten.org/

The site has been hacked buy turk extremists. I wan't to ask you guys something, read this:

Everybody must know that reality “We are grandchildren of Ottoman Empire and children of Turkey“. At the first, we never disrespected to your religions, languages, life styles nearly 700 years under the control of Ottoman Empire and you lived in freely. You have never researched the history which includes thousands years of Turks and you charge Turks with genocide of Armenians. The reality is Armenians killed lots of Turks, murdered babies; bayoneted pregnant women … All of them are available in registrations and documents. In this position Turks naturally defended their selves and fought against to Armenians.

What's your comments?

Comment

But if our rhetoric only targets Turkish extremists...
            Exactly how do we do this?

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianazeri View Post
              I googled some about the genocide, and I don't really now much about it. But undoubtedly, it was an ethnical cleansing. I found this: http://www.theforgotten.org/

The site has been hacked buy turk extremists. I wan't to ask you guys something, read this:

What's your comments?
              I think that the Turks who agree with the "retarded hacker" are bas**rds, because their attempts of blocking the truth show how well they know that they are lying... The information the hacker gave was full of sh*t.

Comment

Originally posted by Էլիա View Post
                I think that the Turks who agree with the "retarded hacker" are bas**rds, because their attempts of blocking the truth show how well they know that they are lying... The information the hacker gave was full of sh*t.

I don't like internet terrorism. I believe in freedom of speach.

But I'm not really familiar with the armenian-turk conflict. Was there a war between them? I'm not saying that it would make the ethnical cleansing ok though, don't misinterpret me.

Comment

I don't like internet terrorism. I believe in freedom of speach.

But I'm not really familiar with the armenian-turk conflict. Was there a war between them? I'm not saying that it would make the ethnical cleansing ok though, don't misinterpret me.
                  If Armenians trying to defend themselves from the Turks coming to destroy them is war, then yes, it was war.

Comment

If Armenians trying to defend themselves from the Turks coming to destroy them is war, then yes, it was war.
                    Hm, of course I didn't mean it like that. That kind of self defence doesn't make it war in which the turks "defended themselves", something they wrote in the site they hacked.

Comment

Hm, of course I didn't mean it like that. That kind of self defence doesn't make it war in which the turks "defended themselves", something they wrote in the site they hacked.
                      Instead of reexplaining what I have stated in the past, I'll just copy a long explanation of the Armenian genocide and the explanations for the Turks' "rebuttals"... (by the way, this post isn't directed toward you, so there may be some things that aren't related to our topic...)

Even if it is true that Turks were being killed during WW1, it didn't have to necessarily be Armenians and if it was, like I said millions of times, it's because of protection or from unfair treatment. There's a difference between calling something a terror and calling something a genocide, OK? And the "Armenian Terror" or whatever you want to call it, was caused by the Armenian Genocide or caused by events before that, for example unfair treatment, which brings me to my next rebuttle. The unfair taxes and rights I'm talking about (and no, they weren't only in 1915) are the extra taxes the minorities (like Greeks and Armenians) received for being Christian and being a minority and not being Turkish, etc. The unfair rights is pretty much the same cause (different religion and culture). The Armenians lived with this, until the taxes and unfair treatment increased when Greece became independent from the Ottoman Empire. Because of this loss of land, the Ottoman Empire knew that it had to stick with Anatolia at all costs. Then, there was a commonly accepted belief that the Christians were against the Muslims (which wasn't true) which caused stricter conditions for Armenians, and led to violence. Then, when the government saw that there were Armenians with the Russians in the war, it became outraged. But, the genocide began before this even, because the Turks already wanted to get rid of the Armenians to link the Ottoman Empire with Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, etc. and create a huge Turkish empire. But, the Armenians' alliance with the Russians added to the cause for the genocide. So, the Turkish government first gathered all the young Armenian men to "help in the war", but then the Turkish officials took away their weapons so that they would die. This eliminated the strong men. Then, the Turks arrested all the intelligent Armenians and killed them in April 24, 1915. This eliminated all the leaders. Now, all that remained were the old men, women, and children. Since only these remained, it made it easier for the Turks to eliminate them. So, the Turkish officials began telling the Armenians that they had to be "relocated" to a different place, and they started being deported into the desert, where many Armenians died from the journey, the massacres, from hiding in the sand, from drowning themselves in the Euphrates River to escape the torture , etc. But, there were villages that tried to fight back by rebelling, which might be part of the "Armenian Terror", and some villages won. Anyway, the Armenians also asked for help from Europeans by telling them that they were Christians in need of help, which might add to the "discrimination of Muslims" the Turks keep complaining about. Anyway, this is the Armenian Genocide, and the recently mentioned "Turkish Genocide" will never be accepted or even considered to be accepted! The Armenian Genocide is already recognized in newspapers, like the LA Times, it is beginning to become a part of 10th grade World History, it is recognized by many countries and most of the US states, and soon, it will be recognized by the US as a whole. The only reason the US is procrastinating is because of the relations with Turkey and how important it is, but that's just unfair and will be fixed soon enough. I rest my case. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X