Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Elections in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Presidential elections 2008 in Armenia

Originally posted by aray View Post
    To be honest I am not so surprised by the number of the idiots that we have on the streets of Yerevan supporting Levon. Each nation has its share of idiots. Look at USA, who would think that moron like Bush would be elected twice. In my opinion, there are tree groups in Armenia that support LTP:

1. Some Hayastantsiner that hate Kharabakhtsiner. This group is simply jealous. And if Serzh and Robert were Aparantsi (or some other “tsi”), they would hate Aparantsiner. Unfortunately there are many low lives like this in Armenian.

2. Corrupt loosers that were in the clans of the LTP, Vano SIradeghyan and some others in power during LTP era. This people kept Armenia in poverty while they were making a fortune at expense of poor people. This is a large and very dangerous group. There are many of them (former nakharars, patgamavors, varchutyan peter …) and they are supported by their relatives, friends, bodyguard and other associates who depended on them.

3. Simply idiots that have short memory. They forgot how they were getting two hours of electricity a day, or waiting in the line for 5-6 hours to get the small bread, or were looking where to find something to burn to get worm for few hours a day. They forgot how their greedy government was keeping them cold, sick and hungry, so they would be as weak as possible to worry about how stay a live and not bother government while it was getting reach. I can’t believe that these idiots forgot the Levon’s New Years speech in mid 90s. He said: jhogovurd es gitem vor ais tari shat vat er, baits myus tari aveli vat petke lini. Ete sovats lineq ev dram chunenak vor hats arneq, dimek dzer harevannerin kam mek urishin vor partk aneq. Is this something that you can here from your president and go back to support him???? I know corruption exists now in Armenia, and it will not going to be close to Western standards very soon, bayts amen inchin chap ev sahman uni. Levon@ iren shunery het voch chap uner voch el sahman. And please, if you are representative of this group in this forum, don’t say that this all happened because of war. War was a factor, however people were kept in miserable condition intentionally to not raise the voice. And finally they forgot the most important factor: the treachery.

I personally liked Vahan to be the president. I am not Dashnak or member of any party. I liked him because of his ideas, patriotism and intellect. I followed all the candidates very closely during the campaign, and in my opinion, we would be better off with him. Serzh was my second favorite because I know that he will continue Robert’s policies, and it is obvious that Bob was on the right path and republic is save and blooming without being sold to the Turks.
    Well said, just believe the opposite of what the BBC prints. It is very funny how the Armenian-American media, the BBC, and the idiots in Yerevan all are accusing Serge of corruption. I find it very funny and anyone that thinks it is a conincidence, just look at Georgia, they will kick out Serge, put in a western puppet, sell out our interests to Turks, and next thing you know, Yerevan is the next Bangkok.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Sorry people, we have a long road ahead of us.

Comment

Originally posted by aray View Post
        To be honest I am not so surprised by the number of the idiots that we have on the streets of Yerevan supporting Levon. Each nation has its share of idiots. Look at USA, who would think that moron like Bush would be elected twice. In my opinion, there are tree groups in Armenia that support LTP:

1. Some Hayastantsiner that hate Kharabakhtsiner. This group is simply jealous. And if Serzh and Robert were Aparantsi (or some other “tsi”), they would hate Aparantsiner. Unfortunately there are many low lives like this in Armenian.

2. Corrupt loosers that were in the clans of the LTP, Vano SIradeghyan and some others in power during LTP era. This people kept Armenia in poverty while they were making a fortune at expense of poor people. This is a large and very dangerous group. There are many of them (former nakharars, patgamavors, varchutyan peter …) and they are supported by their relatives, friends, bodyguard and other associates who depended on them.

3. Simply idiots that have short memory. They forgot how they were getting two hours of electricity a day, or waiting in the line for 5-6 hours to get the small bread, or were looking where to find something to burn to get worm for few hours a day. They forgot how their greedy government was keeping them cold, sick and hungry, so they would be as weak as possible to worry about how stay a live and not bother government while it was getting reach. I can’t believe that these idiots forgot the Levon’s New Years speech in mid 90s. He said: jhogovurd es gitem vor ais tari shat vat er, baits myus tari aveli vat petke lini. Ete sovats lineq ev dram chunenak vor hats arneq, dimek dzer harevannerin kam mek urishin vor partk aneq. Is this something that you can here from your president and go back to support him???? I know corruption exists now in Armenia, and it will not going to be close to Western standards very soon, bayts amen inchin chap ev sahman uni. Levon@ iren shunery het voch chap uner voch el sahman. And please, if you are representative of this group in this forum, don’t say that this all happened because of war. War was a factor, however people were kept in miserable condition intentionally to not raise the voice. And finally they forgot the most important factor: the treachery.

I personally liked Vahan to be the president. I am not Dashnak or member of any party. I liked him because of his ideas, patriotism and intellect. I followed all the candidates very closely during the campaign, and in my opinion, we would be better off with him. Serzh was my second favorite because I know that he will continue Robert’s policies, and it is obvious that Bob was on the right path and republic is save and blooming without being sold to the Turks.
        You look at those people as idiots and i look at you as another idiot. Continue like this and we might get somewhere.

Ahh good old "group" of people. The same concept that defines us and always works against us, Armenian people. In Armenia it was axbar, texatsi and xarbaxtsi. Here its berutahay, parskahay, and hayastantsi. When we us people gonna learn to move forward, to go to the next level, stop seeing each other as part of different group, rather work together as one.

Your #3 pargraph, i am just curious were you in Armenian at the time? Because it sounds like you been living under a giant rock. And would it really matter much if instead leveon was petros as presidient at the time?

Comment

Originally posted by freakyfreaky View Post
          Artsakh, umm, I don't think what I said discounts that Yerevantsis would fight to defend Karabakh again. However, I don't think some of those would have fought if they knew ahead of time that NKR would declare its independence.

And, you can understand how some of those same people - a minority nonetheless - would be offended by a leader from outside the borders of Armenia especially as NKR is being represented as an independent nation to the whole world. Just like there are those in Karabagh that have lived there their whole lives and know nothing else, the same can be said of some in Armenia.
          Freaky,

I think you are misunderstaning some things. Karabakh as an "independent state" is only politics. The Armenians of karabakh do not regard themselves as a seperate state. They are armenians, and naturally, they see karabakh as a part of armenia. That's what the flag of karabakh symbolizes--ultimate goal is reunification with armenia; it is physically united, now remains the political solution.

Nagorno Karabakh declared its independence from the Soviet Union and from the Azerbaijan, NOT from Armenia.

Yes, kocharyand and serjik are from karabakh. But the fact that they're from karabakh is NOT the reason why they are disliked by a good majority of the Armenian population. The reason that they are disliked is because they are incompetent baffoons. Serje is a chronic gambler who gambles the peoples money in Monte Carlo. Serjes brother- a former bus-drived turned multi-millionaire-owns property in California worth 12 million dollars. I would not like to continue, as i know turks may be reading this and i don't want to put a smile on their face.

Seyran Ohanian is also a native of Karabakh, and, reportedly, is holding negotions with Levon ter pedrosyan as we speak. Prominent veterans of karabakh's liberation have also endorsed ter pedrosyan. Therefore, this is not a Karabakhsi-Hayastancy issue, as some trouble makers are trying to make it seem like, its all about getting rid of a corrupt regime-a regime where 'YEREVANTSIS" also hold high ranks and offices- and not an issue of them being karabakhsis.
          Last edited by Artsakh; 02-22-2008, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fedayeen View Post
            You look at those people as idiots and i look at you as another idiot. Continue like this and we might get somewhere.

Ahh good old "group" of people. The same concept that defines us and always works against us, Armenian people. In Armenia it was axbar, texatsi and xarbaxtsi. Here its berutahay, parskahay, and hayastantsi. When we us people gonna learn to move forward, to go to the next level, stop seeing each other as part of different group, rather work together as one.

Your #3 pargraph, i am just curious were you in Armenian at the time? Because it sounds like you been living under a giant rock. And would it really matter much if instead leveon was petros as presidient at the time?
            WTF is your problem? This has nothing to do with division, the sad fact is your LTP is a sell out and you, essentially, want to put this sell out on the throne. Really read between the lines, I am going to restate my position, we know corruption exists, this is obvious, it exists everywhere, Armenia and in the western world. The problem is, in Armenia it is more primative, but in the western world, it is more sophisticated. The reality is that under a democracy, corruption does exist, whether you want to believe it or not, a corporation championing for the "will of people" when in fact there exists a obvious conflict of interest, really, is a form of corruption. When you have a media mogul like David Geffen backing Obama, then yes, corruption still exists, get that through your head, Armenia is no different.

Second of all, I am 100% sure American and British intelligence has agents in the media and in the Armenian government or else the BBC would not be reported on the Armenian elections, really, do a giggle test, why the hell would the BBC report on Armenia? A tiny landlocked country with 3 million residents, is this logically sound when in fact it refuses to do a spread on the genocide and in addition, it is VERY pro Turkey as a secular democracy. I don't know, its all bullxxxx, everything they are reporting, you can not trust any source outside Armenia and even in Armenia, unless you see it, then you judge or else there is no definite way of "convincing anyone", well, not me, I know better.

You need to connect the dots, LTP or Serge, same garbage different leader, one salutes the west and the other the east, the question then because who do you want your people working for? The Americans and Europeans that are backed by corporate interests that back Turkey as a corrodor for energy or Russia, the direct rival to Turkey and Iran? Any rational person would choose the Russian or else siding with European and the United States will only bring more problems. At this point, the best thing to do is to maintain the status quo, you do not want to be a pawn in this game of chess between the bigger powers, be content and wait it out, democracy will prevail, it has to, the model of democracy will win out and Armenia will be a succesful state, but in order for that to occur you need people living there and you need to psychologically give them hope. Markets and democracy, it is a question of perception.

Lasty, LTP is as corrupt as Bobby and Serge, don't tell me otherwise, he only blames the Karabagh Armenians in order to cover the corruption up. Understand this absolute of politics, the first leader of a nation sets the tone for future leaders. If he is humble, brave, smart, and selfless then future leaders will also follow suit, but LTP was not these things, LTP was a corrupt and therefore, the politicians just followed suit. The army in Karabagh, like I mentioned earlier, did not have running water, while they were fighting at the front, LTP was funneling out assets, this is the truth and I hope I did not break your heart, live with it and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil View Post
              WTF is your problem? This has nothing to do with division, the sad fact is your LTP is a sell out and you, essentially, want to put this sell out on the throne. Really read between the lines, I am going to restate my position, we know corruption exists, this is obvious, it exists everywhere, Armenia and in the western world. The problem is, in Armenia it is more primative, but in the western world, it is more sophisticated. The reality is that under a democracy, corruption does exist, whether you want to believe it or not, a corporation championing for the "will of people" when in fact there exists a obvious conflict of interest, really, is a form of corruption. When you have a media mogul like David Geffen backing Obama, then yes, corruption still exists, get that through your head, Armenia is no different.

Second of all, I am 100% sure American and British intelligence has agents in the media and in the Armenian government or else the BBC would not be reported on the Armenian elections, really, do a giggle test, why the hell would the BBC report on Armenia? A tiny landlocked country with 3 million residents, is this logically sound when in fact it refuses to do a spread on the genocide and in addition, it is VERY pro Turkey as a secular democracy. I don't know, its all bullxxxx, everything they are reporting, you can not trust any source outside Armenia and even in Armenia, unless you see it, then you judge or else there is no definite way of "convincing anyone", well, not me, I know better.

You need to connect the dots, LTP or Serge, same garbage different leader, one salutes the west and the other the east, the question then because who do you want your people working for? The Americans and Europeans that are backed by corporate interests that back Turkey as a corrodor for energy or Russia, the direct rival to Turkey and Iran? Any rational person would choose the Russian or else siding with European and the United States will only bring more problems. At this point, the best thing to do is to maintain the status quo, you do not want to be a pawn in this game of chess between the bigger powers, be content and wait it out, democracy will prevail, it has to, the model of democracy will win out and Armenia will be a succesful state, but in order for that to occur you need people living there and you need to psychologically give them hope. Markets and democracy, it is a question of perception.

Lasty, LTP is as corrupt as Bobby and Serge, don't tell me otherwise, he only blames the Karabagh Armenians in order to cover the corruption up. Understand this absolute of politics, the first leader of a nation sets the tone for future leaders. If he is humble, brave, smart, and selfless then future leaders will also follow suit, but LTP was not these things, LTP was a corrupt and therefore, the politicians just followed suit. The army in Karabagh, like I mentioned earlier, did not have running water, while they were fighting at the front, LTP was funneling out assets, this is the truth and I hope I did not break your heart, live with it and move on.

Very well said Virgil! Some here still do not understand that politics is one great game and it's essentially played the same way everywhere, just that in some places the intracacies are much deeper.

As for levi, he is a zionist tool, his own son spends more time in israel then Armenia. But I do not see the levin supporters here bringing up this fact or the many other pro turk/zionist positions that petrostein holds.
              Last edited by AR MENIA; 02-22-2008, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Seyran Ohanian is also a native of Karabakh, and, reportedly, is holding negotions with Levon ter pedrosyan as we speak. Prominent veterans of karabakh's liberation have also endorsed ter pedrosyan. Therefore, this is not a Karabakhsi-Hayastancy issue, as some trouble makers are trying to make it seem like, its all about getting rid of a corrupt regime-a regime where 'YEREVANTSIS" also hold high ranks and offices- and not an issue of them being karabakhsis.

That is bs and was confirmed earlier today.

Opposition statement on support of Deputy Defense Minister doesn’t correspond to truth

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ The Armenian Defense Ministry refuted Levon Ter-Petrosyan’s statement that the opposition gained support of Manvel Grigoryan and Gagik Melkonyan. Defense Minister’s spokesman, col Seyran Shahsuvaryan said that opposition’s statements do not correspond to the truth.

During today’s rally, Levon Ter-Petrosyan said that RA Deputy Defense Minister, general Manvel Grigoryan and his assistant Gagik Melkonyan joined the opposition.

“At the moment we are holding talks with General Staff Chief Seyran Ohanyan. I am convinced that the army will join Grigoryan and Melkonyan,” Ter-Petrosyan said.

Comment

shame on you Mr. Artsakh.

Originally posted by Artsakh
                  Yerp vor do dartsar Hayastani qaghaqatsi, ayn jamanak do iravunk kunenas xoselu "mer Yerkri" masin, yeghav? Minchev ayn, do parzapes Amerika-Arab es.
                  As you know, we are western Armenians and the lands occupied by Turks also belong to us. Moreover, the president of RA can make a crucial decision about the destiny of those lands.

On top of that, don't you think that we are connected to Armenia and we care about the country just like any Armenian citizen cares about it?

Originally posted by Artsakh
                  Yes unem Hayastani Hanrapetutyan anznagir. Amen depqoom, yes Hayastani dznoond-em. Isk dook, dznoondov Arab ek, yev choonek voch mi iravunk xoselu Hayastani anoonits.
                  shenorhagal em ays khoskit.
                  Hope it came bcoz of an anger and not bcoz of what you really think coz I will really feel offended by hearing something like this from a fellow Armenian.

Comment

These forum attacks on each other are the perfect example of what is wrong with our people. When are you going to put your emotions aside and think?

Any Armenian whether from Armenia or Diaspora has not only the right to have an opinion but also have the right to live in Armenia, so stop slandering each other because one was born in Armenia and the other was not, or because one has a passport and the other has not. Who cares where an Armenian was born? Who cares what passport he holds? Ask this: Does he regard himself an Armenian? If the answer is “yes” then that’s it – that’s all that matters.

We have to work together to achieve what we are all should be after: The Justice for our Nahataks of the most horrific crime perpetrated in the modern times. The Turks have wiped out half of our nation and stole our lands - instead of fighting the bastards at every front we are getting at each others throats. Wake up to yourselves!

LTP and his backers are absolutely not interested in confronting the Turkish government with regards to the Armenian Genocide, that alone is a reason enough to boycott these morons. Plus, LTP has more criminal clans behind him that you can imagine and to those people, to those clans, the national aspirations are incomprehensible, they just don’t give a damn. The same goes for Levon himself, he is a gutless hater, a hater of everything nationalistic and everything that has to do with Hay Dat and our struggle for justice.

We have elected a president that might be not the ideal one (if there is such thing as an ideal politician) but he is the right one for our nation at this time. So, give the man the benefit of the doubt and a bit of time, and then, and only after that, pass a judgment on his performance as our head of state.

Comment

Originally posted by Fedayeen View Post
                      So you are confirming here that you are one of them brain dead morons that are on the streets of Yerevan protesting. Why don’t you go there and join the rest of the dumb asses? I bet you’ll have a lot of fun dancing and singing with them. I wish Robert wasn’t too kind and would spoil your dancing/singing party by letting couple of tanks run over idiots like you.

When we us people gonna learn to move forward, to go to the next level, stop seeing each other as part of different group, rather work together as one.
                      When your kind is eliminated, and I can care less if it’s by tanks or assimilation.

You xxxxing piece of xxxx, I was there from beginning until end. Unlike you I felt obligated and I have paid my duties to my homeland. And unlike you, I will do it again if there is a need. Unlike you I enjoy taking my family there every year and will move back sooner than later.

Comment

Working...
                      X