Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Add the kardashians to the famous Armenian section's description

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mos
    replied
    Re: Add the kardashians to the famous Armenian section's description

Originally posted by Tali View Post
    Mos, she has no Armenian identity, she does have Armenian blood in her. Doesn't mean she's utilizing it well *frankly, not at all*

i'd rather people get inquisitive about the culture and see she's not a great example than to watch your culture potentially die an unnoticed death.
    I really could care less how much armenian blood she has, that means nothing. (actually she's only 1/4 armenian) Again, I rather americans know nothing about armenians, then know about it through this wh*re, because her having a little bit of armenian blood does not in no way make her a spokesman or in any way represent armenian people. She was raised by her wh*re mother, she should identify with her mother, and live out her life in her prostitute american hell hole

Leave a comment:

• Tali
    replied

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    SHE'S NOT ARMENIAN! she has brought attention to armenians in the wrong way, it's like having a chinese person be the spokesperson for the armenian people. I rather no one know about armenians, than people know armenians through that devil b*tch.
    Mos, she has no Armenian identity, she does have Armenian blood in her. Doesn't mean she's utilizing it well *frankly, not at all*

i'd rather people get inquisitive about the culture and see she's not a great example than to watch your culture potentially die an unnoticed death.

Leave a comment:

• Mos
    replied

Originally posted by Tali View Post
    There's no denying she's a horrible example. but she has brought attention to Armenians.
    SHE'S NOT ARMENIAN! she has brought attention to armenians in the wrong way, it's like having a chinese person be the spokesperson for the armenian people. I rather no one know about armenians, than people know armenians through that devil b*tch.

Leave a comment:

• Tali
    replied

There's no denying she's a horrible example. but she has brought attention to Armenians.

Leave a comment:

• Mos
    replied

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
    I used to tell people I was Armenian and they used to say Romanian? NO ARMENIAN. Now when I say I'm Armenian they say "oh, like Kim Kardashian". So now I'm just going to tell people I'm Romanian.
    Rather just say that Kardashian is not armenian, rather than let that wh*re hijack the armenian identity. Unbelievable what she has done - idiotic b*tch - deserves to go to hell.

Leave a comment:

• KanadaHye
    replied

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    It's better we have no spokesperson, than have a prositute, wh*re, who is not one shred armenian, as our spokesperson. Yes she should gtfo and stop exploiting the 'armenian' name - she should just continue being an american wh*re, she's good at that.
    I used to tell people I was Armenian and they used to say Romanian? NO ARMENIAN. Now when I say I'm Armenian they say "oh, like Kim Kardashian". So now I'm just going to tell people I'm Romanian.

Leave a comment:

• Mos
    replied

Originally posted by ara87 View Post
    Kan I know she's not the best spokesperson, there are so many other people I'd rather have, there's a nice looking, proper, Armenian American girl i posted about on here who's signed with interscope records, but for whatever reason, she's just not marketable to the masses like Kim is. Beggars can't be choosers, we're in no place to tell Kim and her clan to gtfo when we don't even have anyone to replace her with
    It's better we have no spokesperson, than have a prositute, wh*re, who is not one shred armenian, as our spokesperson. Yes she should gtfo and stop exploiting the 'armenian' name - she should just continue being an american wh*re, she's good at that.

Leave a comment:

• ara87
    replied

Kan I know she's not the best spokesperson, there are so many other people I'd rather have, there's a nice looking, proper, Armenian American girl i posted about on here who's signed with interscope records, but for whatever reason, she's just not marketable to the masses like Kim is. Beggars can't be choosers, we're in no place to tell Kim and her clan to gtfo when we don't even have anyone to replace her with

Leave a comment:

• Mos
    replied

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
    Out of the 3, probably only Aznavour was marginally Armenian. Why is it that we don't give notice to true Armenian celebrities like Isabel Byrakdarian? The problem is with the Armenian community, we don't support our artists and help them achieve world recognition. That and intelligence doesn't achieve fame on a world stage that's run by Hollywood executives and agents.
    We should support artists that are actually Armenians, and are not an embarrassment.

Kardashian or Kardb0zian is 1)not armenian 2) not an artist 3) a wh*re 4) and thus an embarassment - she's is just one of those american wh*re stars that thinks saying that she's armenian will make her standout. She basically exploits our name for her prositute intentions. She deserves nothing, a spit in the face at best.

Leave a comment:

• ara87
    replied

I forgot to mention that there are still Armenians to this day that try to say Gwen Stefani is Armenian, that they know she is b/c she has "Armenian eyes" even though she isn't Armenian at all. And she doesn't do anything for Armenia or have an "Armenian Mindset" yet people still try to claim her.

I also forgot to mention that Aznavour is also 25% Georgian from his father's side, that's an interesting fact most people don't know anyhow

@ Kanada

As far as supporting our own Armenian celebrities to non Armenians, it's much harder than it sounds. To be marketed globally you have to have a immense fan base, but seeing as not one Armenian celebrity can get all the Armenians in the world to be their fan, chances are it's never going to happen. Especially since as far as music goes, Armenian music is not the kind you can market internationally even if it is in English, and as far as acting goes, it's not like Armenia has a top notch Film and Television industry yet to produce internationally renowned actors.

Even other celebrities from other countries have a hard time making it internationally. For instance Haifa Whebe of Lebanon tried making it, she had concerts with American entertainers like 50 cent, and even was listed in People's Magazine's "Most Beautiful People" list a few years back but she's still not really known outside the Middle East.

Countless other celebrities from various countries have tried to make it internationally and failed even with the support of their people, b/c what they don't realize is being a superstar in one country doesn't really make you a superstar. If your Portugal's biggest Celebrity for instance, that means a wannabe international sensation in the USA that's well known in their home state (e.g. California, Texas, Florida, New York) will have more fans, even if they're not nationally known, and half of those people never even get to national fame in the USA.

Celebrity status counts more in the USA than elsewhere, partly b/c were America, and partly b/c we have a lot of people. What good is it if 5% of the UK buys your CD, when that only equals 3 million cd's sold, as opposed to the USA where the same percentage of the population means about 15 million records sold.

There's a reason why the rest of world imports Music and Films from the USA and not the other way around (well maybe except for music from the UK to America), and don't give me this "it's b/c american's aren't cultured" crap. there have been foreign movies here that were well received even though they were only shown wit subtitles

Leave a comment:

Working...
X