Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Inter Racial Armenians-Blacks Families: (Small?) Bridges To The Important Black World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Inter Racial Armenians-Blacks Families: (Small?) Bridges To The Important Black W

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    What did I loose? What is with this obsession with blacks first of all? They aren't very advance to start out with and haven't contributed much to human society. The reason so many people love these blacks is because they see there drug addict nature cool. And all these stupid ideas that everybody is equal thus everybody should sleep with everybody else regardless of anything is very ridiculous.
    No words, what a disappointment to know there are still people like this in the world.

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
    Nobody would mind racial segregation if both sides had the same lifestyle. Segregation is usually caused by one group of people seeing the other group as being inferior as in the case of Israel and its neighbors. If the Palestinians had the same opportunities as Israelis, they wouldn't care about the wall that divides the two.
    There shouldn't be racial segregation at all because there are no such things as "races", the only race is the human race. The desire of separate people because of their differences, through building walls, taboos, prejudices, hate, etc. are attitudes proper of cave men and people with backwards mentality. Such beliefs have no place in the mentality of the people in the 21st century.
    Last edited by ashot24; 02-03-2010, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• Re: Inter Racial Armenians-Blacks Families: (Small?) Bridges To The Important Black W

Originally posted by ashot24 View Post
      There shouldn't be racial segregation at all because there are no such things as "races", the only race is the human race. The desire of separate people because of their differences, through building walls, taboos, prejudices, hate, etc. are attitudes proper of cave men and people with backwards mentality. Such beliefs have no place in the mentality of the people in the 21st century.
      I hear this statement all the time but I don't see anyone putting out their neck for wars that are being fought. I don't see the human race freeing the Palestinians. I don't see anyone rising against the imperialists. I don't see the human race helping to build a free and prosperous Africa. Just people sitting behind their computers typing away.
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

I hear this statement all the time but I don't see anyone putting out their neck for wars that are being fought. I don't see the human race freeing the Palestinians. I don't see anyone rising against the imperialists. I don't see the human race helping to build a free and prosperous Africa. Just people sitting behind their computers typing away.
        Same can be said for alot of the budding warriors for Armenia and strict nationalists here , some criticize Monte but never do they do for their nation what he did, just saying.

As to your statement, true sadly people only help when it affects them, however there are times humanity pushes forward, some even volunteer like my uncle did in WW2

Comment

The reason why you don't see anything of what you say happening is because money, interests, and hate overshadows anything, even life itself.

Just stop and think,

Why would anyone want wars to stop, when the arms market is by far one of the most successful in the world? When the UN is conformed and controlled by the world's superpowers, which at the same time they ask for 'peace', are always ready to wage a war and provide armor to those who need it?

Why would anyone be willing to help the Palestinians, when you see here in this very forum the islamophobia and the anti-muslim sentiments a lot of these people have, which are a little example of the world's population with the majority of them also sharing similar views?
          Why would anyone want to free them? Does the West needs more Muslim-populated states?

How can we raise the Imperialists, when they have taken control of our lives and our countries our minds? When they can easily get rid of us when we go against their interests. Tell me, how can we?

And come on, the world doesn't want to see a prosperous and peaceful Africa, just look at the racist comments here, and as well as with the Muslims, "the less they are the better"...that's what the world thinks.

The world doesn't need peace or a healthy environment, or stop poverty or look for equality and respect. No, the world needs to hate, to have an enemy, the world needs war, the world needs people dying and starving....
          Why to look for peace, when war is good for the economy?

Those people who want change are portrayed as "terrorists", as "rioters", as "dreamers", as "idealists"...and the main reason nobody does anything is because we need someone who is stubborn enough to see the reality and fight for it to change, to don't be corrupted so he can take people and say "We have to do something!"...but society raises us in order to not let us be stubborn, to don't let us inform ourselves, to keep us quiet, and they do that through the weapons of mass destruction called the media, which makes us believe that the world is alright, it is what it is, and we can't do nothing about it.

In order to do something about it, we need to unite, but who wants to unite...everybody, even people in a same country sharing a same ethnicity, pulls on to different sides. Everybody is selfish and wants the good things only for himself, and the others can go to hell, it's-not-my-problem mentality is what rules us...

I support with my little grain to make the world a better place by teaching children and teenagers the reality of the world, respect, and tolerance. The youth is supposed to be our future, but what future awaits us if we have a youth more worried about how good do they look, what's the latest trend, what music is cool, how many parties are there this week...

Those of us who think are a minority, I can't say people is awaking of their dream, because it's not true...but one by one we make a hundred, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro Xaramillo View Post
            Then how do you differ from Iran, you want your government to be run in greater part by the religious institutions, you in short replaced secularism with religious theocracy, how is one man made book different from the rest bro?

Also this is my point, you and Armanen stereotype blacks, and refuse to do so with whites, you act as if there are no white drug addicts, no white Genocide commiters, no white warlords, no white rapists, the irony is if y'all lived in SA, you'd have been segregated by those same whites and moved to an Indian or Colored area with the group acts, you could say Aryan all day you'd meet the same fate as the Persians and Afghans here, maybe growing up in this nation might have changed your outlook,

I've seen racial segregation, I've seen what it can do, it's something you really want no part of.

Armenians in America have assimilated to the melting Anglo Saxon based culture filled with Capitalist thinking and consumerist behaviour, subtract those elements and they wont become like that.

You worry about blacks, you know how many Armenian women are sex slaves in Turkey and they are sold to Turks by both Turks and Armenians, due to shady government dealings, there was a huge thing on it internationally.

Pedro, for the last time, stop assuming and making up my positions as you go along. One thing you should know about me, is that I tend to discriminate quite equally. There are good and bad people in all parts of the world, and of all colors and creeds. My issue was that Armenians should marry other Armenians, and if not then at least other Caucasians, the closer to Armenian culture the better. As for South Africa, I don't know too much about its racial problems other than the little bit taught in school, but I have heard that now whites are being discriminated against, maybe you can shed some light on this. And I also have had debates with some idiot red neck nordic types and have set them straight on what Armenia and Armenians are all about. But those people tend to not have a clue about history, anthropology, or culture so they go off what they see more than anything else.
            For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
            to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

If we go on this track, then you shouldn't worship Europeans, it was backwater compared against the Middle East, China and Mesoamerica for thousands of years buddy boy.

And google Ethiopia and the Nubian empire, also in Egypt, Osiris was black.

How did I know that the "egyptians were blacks' was gonna come up. No they were not black, just like Jesus wasn't black either. This is something nationalist blacks like to bring up and due to some poor theories armed themselves with 'academic' muscle. And no, I am not saying the ancient Egyptians were Nordic either, as Hollywood likes to portray them. The Near East is the cradle of civilization, when the ancient cultures in modern Armenia, turkey, and Iraq were around, it was all the other regions that were just coming out of the backwaters, last among them were the Amerindians.
              For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated

Comment

I'd like to add to what you replied to ashot.

It's because this is human nature, it will not change.

And there is no such thing as a human race, but there is a human species. Not sure how many times this has to be said before ashot stops claiming that we are all one race.

And ashot, if I remember correctly, you haven't ever been to Armenia. I will let you know that most people there do not identify with you we are all one, let's make love, not war attitude. Do you know why? Because for a thousand years now we have been at war with various people, subjagated by various empires and had many Genocides, not just the one in 1915-1923. War is part of life, and if you want peace, always be prepared for war!

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
                  How did I know that the "egyptians were blacks' was gonna come up. No they were not black, just like Jesus wasn't black either. This is something nationalist blacks like to bring up and due to some poor theories armed themselves with 'academic' muscle. And no, I am not saying the ancient Egyptians were Nordic either, as Hollywood likes to portray them. The Near East is the cradle of civilization, when the ancient cultures in modern Armenia, turkey, and Iraq were around, it was all the other regions that were just coming out of the backwaters, last among them were the Amerindians.
                  Actually incorrect, we predate Germanic civilizations, the Olmeca stetch back to 2000 B.C, same as the Mayans, perhaps you should study Mesoamerican history, again we are back to another debate I had with you proving once again you have little knowledge about Native Americans...maybe you shouldn't take the Hollywood view that we are all either living in huts or smacking each other with sacrificial items

Europe was far more backwater than Northwest South America and Mesoamerica.

Now I never said Egyptians were African did I, I said Osiris was, so there was an African presense.

Perhaps it is like you say, you discriminate equally, but it seems you like to claim Caucasians were always the most advanced...this is false, Europe has always almost been backward against China for example.

Comment

Actually incorrect, we predate Germanic civilizations, the Olmeca stetch back to 2000 B.C, same as the Mayans, perhaps you should study Mesoamerican history, again we are back to another debate I had with you proving once again you have little knowledge about Native Americans...maybe you shouldn't take the Hollywood view that we are all either living in huts or smacking each other with sacrificial items

Europe was far more backwater than Northwest South America and Mesoamerica.

Now I never said Egyptians were African did I, I said Osiris was, so there was an African presense.

Perhaps it is like you say, you discriminate equally, but it seems you like to claim Caucasians were always the most advanced...this is false, Europe has always almost been backward against China for example.
                    Europe may have been backwater before the arrival of the IE tribes, but the Near East was the Cradle of Civilization. Cities, governments, agriculture, writing, astronomy, arithmatic all were invented there or more advanced there than before any such thing occured in either China, the Hindus Valley, Egypt or Mesoamerica.

Not sure why you brought up Germanic civilization, since it didn't exist until after 1000 BC and even then it wasn't very far developed. Sumerians, Hitties, Metsamorians, Minoians, Akkadians all had quite advanced cultures prior to 2000 BC.

I may not know as much about Mesoamerica as you but I know enough to say that Mesoamerica was never more advanced than the Caucasian peoples of the Near East. Also, I don't remember losing any debate to you about Native Americans, if I remember correctly, you were trying to say that Armenians are as close to Ossetians, if not more, than the peoples of Latin America are to one another. Which just isn't true.

And when you say Europe, I do hope you are including all of Europe, not just the western states. What is termed the Dark Ages in the U.S. and Western Europe, didn't exist in many parts of eastern and south-eastern Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
                      I'd like to add to what you replied to ashot.

It's because this is human nature, it will not change.

And there is no such thing as a human race, but there is a human species. Not sure how many times this has to be said before ashot stops claiming that we are all one race.

And ashot, if I remember correctly, you haven't ever been to Armenia. I will let you know that most people there do not identify with you we are all one, let's make love, not war attitude. Do you know why? Because for a thousand years now we have been at war with various people, subjagated by various empires and had many Genocides, not just the one in 1915-1923. War is part of life, and if you want peace, always be prepared for war!
                      You are right, maybe "race" is not the most proper word. But then you say, "Human specie", if you say HUMAN SPECIE is one and only, and from there we take different regional variations ("races" or as you want). In the end this has nothing to do with races, of species, or any of those things...what makes us different is the culture we have as a distinctive group (call it "Armenians", call it "Germans", call it "Indians"), but what makes us the same is the fact we all share a common human culture, and by human culture I mean we all have created our different languages, or different music, or different dances, or different clothing, we all share a common history, independently of the different paths we have walked.

What I try to say here is not that we all look the same, we all share the same genetic features; I believe you have either misunderstood me or I just explained it wrong. What I try to say is that independently of how different we may look, how different our traditions may be, we all have a common history and a common culture as human beings, we are all pieces of the same puzzle called "humanity". Hence we are all the same, but we have differences, and we should accept those differences in order to realize how alike we are.

-

As for the other stance, Yes, you are right. I know many Armenians don't share my view, either in Armenia or in the diaspora, and I know very well why, I know my history...I have also my issues with going friendly and "no hard feelings" with every single Azeri and Turk. I also agree, if we want peace we have to prepared for war...we can't show any weakness, for they will attack us with all they have if they sense we are in that position. We must be strong and lay our feet steady on our ground. I also know, killing each other is peoples all-time favorite pass time, and death is part of life...and we have always killed ourselves.

However, being steady and ready if we are endangered doesn't mean that we must not look for peace in our region. I highly doubt any Armenian would like to be fighting a war, right? And not because he doesn't love his country and wants to protect it (I would fight and die for my homeland if I had to), but because war brings destruction, death, desolation, suffering etc. for both sides, regardless who has the advantage or who results victorious, and I refuse to believe anybody would want to take part of such thing, because of what it implies, a deep punch on your humanity. People doesn't want war, ask anybody...people wants peace. Wars can't bring nothing good, and if wars can be prevented, the better off we are. We don't need more wars, we need peace, and if not peace, at least some degree of stability.

I am not saying we should all go and hug each other, but Armenian people, as well as the Turks and the Azeries, must be open to change...in the end a stupid land border is not what separates people, land borders can change, can be open and can be closed, what separates us is a mental border, prejudices, fears (some of them with a reason and others are just pure nonsense) and that has to change if we ever expect to live in a normal situation in our region.

And I don't need to have gone to Armenia to realize that.
                      Last edited by ashot24; 02-03-2010, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X