Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Inter Racial Armenians-Blacks Families: (Small?) Bridges To The Important Black World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Inter Racial Armenians-Blacks Families: (Small?) Bridges To The Important Black W

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
    "If any mixing is gonna happen I would at least want it to occur in Armenia so the kids can grow up Armenian, culturally at least, which is unlikely outside of Armenia."
    That is exactly what i said earlier. It is why i emphasize Armenia so much and the diaspora connecting with it. Culture is what your identity is really about. Race and religion are secondary. Culture precedes religion and outlasts racial traits. We armenians were once peagan-now we are christians and tomorow we may be something else. Racialy we used to be blue eyed but now we are dark eyed. These facts explain very clearly that culture is the prevailing theme here above religion and race. It is your culture that gives you your identity not anything else (unless your a religious nutt i guess). So when they say can a persian man say he is now a armenian? The answer is yes as long he feels close to the armenian culture. If persians, russians or blacks move and live in armenia and become a part of her culture then they will indeed become armenians. Accepting people into your culture enriches and strengthens it.

It is a commonly held belief among too many Armenians that we were once blond haired and blue eyed. It was only one Armenic tribe which was this way, the Nairi. Also, there are still a number of Armenians with blue and green eyes, and light hair, especially if one ventures out to the villages of Armenia.

We both emphasize culture but how we see it thriving is not the same.
    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

• Re: Inter Racial Armenians-Blacks Families: (Small?) Bridges To The Important Black W

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
      It is a commonly held belief among too many Armenians that we were once blond haired and blue eyed. It was only one Armenic tribe which was this way, the Nairi. Also, there are still a number of Armenians with blue and green eyes, and light hair, especially if one ventures out to the villages of Armenia.

We both emphasize culture but how we see it thriving is not the same.
      My relatives come from Syunik, Southern Nakhijevan, and Sasun so naturally that wouldn't be the case for me.
      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
      ---
      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Mos, getting the church involved with government business is one of the worst ideas ever concieved. That exact problem is why the usa was founded. Armenias vulnerability to a influx of foregners is nonexistent. First of all foreigners are not breaking the doors down to come in to begin with, but residents are breaking the doors down to get the hell out. Second just because you saw a black man in Armenia and a couple of iranians it doesnt mean they are invading. There are way better places to go on this earth for sex then Hayastan, we are not a sex capitol as you make it sound like. The problems you keep mentioning are almost nonexistent especially when compared to the real problems of the country. You may want to focus more on things that actually do matter vs if we got 10 or 20 black people in Hayastan.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
          Armenians are vulnerable, that influx of foreigners into Armenia will be disastrous. You see what happens to Armenians in America (I don't need to remind you) well it will start happening in Armenia, and you'll be seeing Armenian women falling at the feet of black drug addicts in Yerevan. The only reason a foreigner will come to Armenia is to take away the women and sleep with them as much as they can. If they want to go to a country for better life, out of all the countries why the hell would they choose Armenia?

I've always advocating bringing the Armenian Church closer to Governmental affairs and establishing certain ground rules on social aspects (e.g. it be against the law to have sex before marriage). That is only way Armenians will be not decimated and the already damaged integrity of our people will be damaged less.
          Then how do you differ from Iran, you want your government to be run in greater part by the religious institutions, you in short replaced secularism with religious theocracy, how is one man made book different from the rest bro?

Also this is my point, you and Armanen stereotype blacks, and refuse to do so with whites, you act as if there are no white drug addicts, no white Genocide commiters, no white warlords, no white rapists, the irony is if y'all lived in SA, you'd have been segregated by those same whites and moved to an Indian or Colored area with the group acts, you could say Aryan all day you'd meet the same fate as the Persians and Afghans here, maybe growing up in this nation might have changed your outlook,

I've seen racial segregation, I've seen what it can do, it's something you really want no part of.

Armenians in America have assimilated to the melting Anglo Saxon based culture filled with Capitalist thinking and consumerist behaviour, subtract those elements and they wont become like that.

You worry about blacks, you know how many Armenian women are sex slaves in Turkey and they are sold to Turks by both Turks and Armenians, due to shady government dealings, there was a huge thing on it internationally.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro Xaramillo View Post
            Then how do you differ from Iran, you want your government to be run in greater part by the religious institutions, you in short replaced secularism with religious theocracy, how is one man made book different from the rest bro?

Also this is my point, you and Armanen stereotype blacks, and refuse to do so with whites, you act as if there are no white drug addicts, no white Genocide commiters, no white warlords, no white rapists, the irony is if y'all lived in SA, you'd have been segregated by those same whites and moved to an Indian or Colored area with the group acts, you could say Aryan all day you'd meet the same fate as the Persians and Afghans here, maybe growing up in this nation might have changed your outlook,

I've seen racial segregation, I've seen what it can do, it's something you really want no part of.

Armenians in America have assimilated to the melting Anglo Saxon based culture filled with Capitalist thinking and consumerist behaviour, subtract those elements and they wont become like that.

You worry about blacks, you know how many Armenian women are sex slaves in Turkey and they are sold to Turks by both Turks and Armenians, due to shady government dealings, there was a huge thing on it internationally.
            First, Iran is an ISLAMIC Republic. What I am advocating is basic laws that will protect the integrity of our people. This has to do more with basic morals of human society than religion. Western culture has its ups (education, democratic ideals, etc.) but it also comes at a heavy price with its capitalist/consumerist corruptness. That corruptness has to be decreased at all costs in Armenia.

I don't want to begin a race discussion here. All I can say is that blacks have their place, and that place is not armenian nor with armenians.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---
            "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

"I don't want to begin a race discussion here"
              It is funny how you say that after you started a race discussion and lost the argument.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                "I don't want to begin a race discussion here"
                It is funny how you say that after you started a race discussion and lost the argument.
                What did I loose? What is with this obsession with blacks first of all? They aren't very advance to start out with and haven't contributed much to human society. The reason so many people love these blacks is because they see there drug addict nature cool. And all these stupid ideas that everybody is equal thus everybody should sleep with everybody else regardless of anything is very ridiculous.
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro Xaramillo View Post
                  Nobody would mind racial segregation if both sides had the same lifestyle. Segregation is usually caused by one group of people seeing the other group as being inferior as in the case of Israel and its neighbors. If the Palestinians had the same opportunities as Israelis, they wouldn't care about the wall that divides the two.
                  "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                    Nobody would mind racial segregation if both sides had the same lifestyle. Segregation is usually caused by one group of people seeing the other group as being inferior as in the case of Israel and its neighbors. If the Palestinians had the same opportunities as Israelis, they wouldn't care about the wall that divides the two.
                    It inherently causes problems, look at it this one, one group of people will expland, one group will want more land, one group will need to find new areas to work, they don't have enough areas alotted either its ethnic conflict or forced removals like what happened with the SA Indian population when they were thrown from their homes to give whites land. It's inherently corrupt, sorry but saying only one ethnicity is gonna create a wealthmine of problems in all areas, specially business, trade etc.

Also, while we are on it, why does it need to be enforced, if a person is so weak in their culture that meeting people of a different race diminishes their culture, it's their inferiority issues, not the rest of us's, sink or swim or shut the xxxx up is the bottom line, if you need a government to control you and be your father figure, chances are something went wrong in the Oedipal phase

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                      What did I loose? What is with this obsession with blacks first of all? They aren't very advance to start out with and haven't contributed much to human society. The reason so many people love these blacks is because they see there drug addict nature cool. And all these stupid ideas that everybody is equal thus everybody should sleep with everybody else regardless of anything is very ridiculous.
                      If we go on this track, then you shouldn't worship Europeans, it was backwater compared against the Middle East, China and Mesoamerica for thousands of years buddy boy.

And google Ethiopia and the Nubian empire, also in Egypt, Osiris was black.

Comment

Working...
                      X