Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia stands today because of Iran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenia stands today because of Iran?

Aziz is obviously a persian word! The fact that it is common in our names is because we have been in contact with persia for thousends of years and it is normal that intermixing happened. In regard to your previous point, You really think that a government program is going instill values into the people? Values come from ones family not the government. Those diasporans who keep their armenian identity dont do it because of anything the armenian government has done. The only thing the government can do is to manage the country well so that people would want to live there but values are taught(ornot taught) by parents not the government.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
      Aziz is obviously a persian word! The fact that it is common in our names is because we have been in contact with persia for thousends of years and it is normal that intermixing happened. In regard to your previous point, You really think that a government program is going instill values into the people? Values come from ones family not the government. Those diasporans who keep their armenian identity dont do it because of anything the armenian government has done. The only thing the government can do is to manage the country well so that people would want to live there but values are taught(ornot taught) by parents not the government.
      A proper government would want the same for its citizens that it would for its own family members. That is, if they cared for its people.
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
        A proper government would want the same for its citizens that it would for its own family members. That is, if they cared for its people.
        Name one such "proper government"p
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

You just ignore that Turks and Persians have Turkified (and Persianified) our names (mine as well). Intermixing was not common and highly rare, most of the Armenians married ethnic Armenians (last decades).

Yes, I truly believe the Armenian government can set and promote our Armenian values, that is their task (there are dozens of way they can influence that). Armenia is a recent independent country where much must be done, especially in the field of the Ministry of Diaspora. Yes, the government has an enormous task to assist, influence and help the Armenian Diaspora in the world as not to forget their heritage, norms, values (few of the thing the Armenian government must do).
          Last edited by Tigranakert; 02-03-2010, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
            Exactl, many last names were changed legally by the governments (especially those from Turkey) which is why you have so many Armenians with Turkish last names. It's not due to mixed marriages.
            In the case of Turkey yes, with Iran no, many interethnic marriages happened, google the Bagratid dynasty, at a stage the culture was almost entirely similar, then Byzantines, Christianity and Islam came into play and changed it.

Comment

Yes, I meant the last couple of centuries, before our culture, norms, values changed. If we go back thousands of years, we are all from Adam and Eve.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
                You just ignore that Turks and Persians have Turkified (and Persianified) our names (mine as well). Intermixing was not common and highly rare, most of the Armenians married ethnic Armenians, read books.

Yes, I truly believe the Armenian government can set and promote our Armenian values, that is their task (there are dozens of way they can influence that). Armenia is a recent independent country where much must be done, especially in the field of the Ministry of Diaspora. Yes, the government has an enormous task to assist, influence and help the Armenian Diaspora in the world as not to forget their heritage, norms, values (few of the thing the Armenian government must do).
                Nah man it is you that ignores intermixing(which has been proven 100% with genetic studies). Books arent going to tell you everything but a look at your genes will tell you for sure if there was intermixing and there was plenty(its proven i am not me making xxxx up). I do not deny the changing of names, it happened and still does actually but you cannot claim that it is the noly reason we have foreighn influence in our names Intermixing is a proven fact and it is obvious how it would introduce foreighn names into our population. As for the government i can tell you for sure that its role in value instilling is very limited - it is the parents who instill values in their childeren not governments, you can argue this point all you want but again go look at research and you will see what is true and what is not.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

armenians and persians have same history back to 800 B.C.so living with a nation for more than 2800 years will change something
                  our names races and culture is mixed with persians as well as their names culture and race is mixed with us
                  you all know persian names in armenia im gonna example some armenian names in iran
                  Arman
                  Azad
                  Aram
                  Anoush
                  (it was alphabetic so i posted some "A")
                  its racism to think that way about none-armenians in armenia.and about the culture i didnt expect it from guys who lived in iran for some years.if you dont count the islamic influence in iranian culture its totally same with armenian culture
                  there is no difference between an armenians and an armenians speaking iranian who obey armenian culture.not even genetically.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                    Nah man it is you that ignores intermixing(which has been proven 100% with genetic studies). Books arent going to tell you everything but a look at your genes will tell you for sure if there was intermixing and there was plenty(its proven i am not me making xxxx up). I do not deny the changing of names, it happened and still does actually but you cannot claim that it is the noly reason we have foreighn influence in our names Intermixing is a proven fact and it is obvious how it would introduce foreighn names into our population. As for the government i can tell you for sure that its role in value instilling is very limited - it is the parents who instill values in their childeren not governments, you can argue this point all you want but again go look at research and you will see what is true and what is not.
                    Inbreeding is also a proven fact which is how some families have been able to maintain their wealth over the centuries but that's besides the point. The fact is, these things happen in cycles... when people realize that the world isn't going in the right direction, they change their habits. For the most part, there has been a small number of mixed marriages between Armenians in Iran over the past 400 yrs or else there wouldn't be an Armenian community at all.
                    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

actually people in iran found our culture better than theirs.specially in Tehran.children who born in half iranian and half armenian marriages want to call themselves armenian not iranian

Comment

Working...
                      X