Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

I never hear anything about the Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I never hear anything about the Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem...

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    It's pretty obvious that Turkey's military is much bigger and advanced than ours. This is fact. After all they are a country of 60 million and we 3 million. And don't get lost in nationalistic ideas, we're not a superpower. We can do well against Azerbaijan but not against Turkey.
    First of all they have no technological advancements,my grandfather are retired from armenian secret weapon manufacturing base cant name it in the Internet for obvious reasons.From Soviet times till now we had have the upper hand in technological and industrial ways.. Currently we lack at investment...money gentlemen is our problem not the numbers nor the expert personal but pure green smelly paper things called Dollars...
    Russians were willing to involve in battle against Turkey couple of times..and in cold war without our pressure...
    What is not in our favour is a war that will last too long..more than a year..
    Israel like it or not MUST be a role model for armenia in case of development NOT in politics cause there we can be way better than the j3ws.

Comment

Anyone who thinks Iran (or any muslims for that matter) is an ally is completely deluded. As someone else pointed out before, Erdogan and Ahmedinejad are buddy-buddy these days and ties between those 2 countries are becoming stronger every day.

The only reason Lebanon became a refuge for Armenians after the Genocide and it's the only "arab" country that recognized the AG, is because Lebanon is not a Muslim country (although it's slowly turning into one). The Maronite Christians and the French called the shots in that country for a long time. Read some history. In time you will realize more and more, that Muslims are your enemies-not your friends.

Comment

Originally posted by gunther View Post
        Anyone who thinks Iran (or any muslims for that matter) is an ally is completely deluded. As someone else pointed out before, Erdogan and Ahmedinejad are buddy-buddy these days and ties between those 2 countries are becoming stronger every day.

The only reason Lebanon became a refuge for Armenians after the Genocide and it's the only "arab" country that recognized the AG, is because Lebanon is not a Muslim country (although it's slowly turning into one). The Maronite Christians and the French called the shots in that country for a long time. Read some history. In time you will realize more and more, that Muslims are your enemies-not your friends.
        I agree with this. For many people here it's black and white. Your not good with Israel that means you should be allies with Muslims. Most moronic foreign policy I've ever heard of People here should really stop being so blind in who they call "allies"
        Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
        ---
        "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

You do not speak as an Armenian, but as an American or an Israeli. If Erdogan and Ahmedinejad are buddy-buddy these days, because they had several meetings, then Erdogan, Obama and Netanyahu are married with each other (and even more).

Don't spread lies, the military, political and economic ties of Turkey with Europe, America and Israel are one hundred billion trillion times more than between Turkey and Iran. For an Armenian (because Turkey is our eternal enemy), Europe, America and Israel are a greater threat, and not Iran.

Look at the facts Europe loving muslim-hating racist. Europe has never supported us when we needed them the last couple of decades and even centuries, they did not even remain neutral but were openly anti-Armenian. During the last war, Israel, USA and Eurpoe supported Azerbaijan as well as Russia (in the beginning). Iran sent enormous amounts of help during the war (in terms of food etc), even for free.

There are people who want to divide Armenia-Iran with the ''musim'' card, and when they succeed it will be the end of Armenia.

Iran is one of the biggest ''allies'', and in todays term an ally does not mean everything, it means we can cooperate with them in many fields and NEED them at this moment. Don't forget Azerbaijan claims ancient Iranian province of Azerbaijan, and Iran has to deal with this problem and thus also needs Armenia.

Furthermore, I know you guys ignore this, but as an Iranian-Armenian I can say we were treated with respect in Iran and were one of the richest minorities (even richer than Persians). Whereas in Europe they treat us like foreigners, I come across much more racism here in Europa than I came across in Iran.

We are no Western-Europeans, we are Armenians! We need our own foreign policy and again do not believe the ''muslim'' bullxxxx because it is the Western imperialistic nations who are to blame for all the chaos and terrorism in the first place.

Russia and Iran were, are and will remain our allies. We have to remain neutral towards all countries in the world and especially neighbouring countries (even if they are ''muslim'', bunch of racists).

Gunther are you Armenian? Because I have never heared such bullxxxx from an Armenian in my entire life, what a generalizing racist you are.

The only place where we remained true Armenians with all our rights was in muslim countries (Syria, Lebanon, Iran). It is in Europe were we all assimilate in two seconds. I praise muslim countries!

Axis of evel for Armenia : Turkey, Azerbaijan, Pakistan, Israel, Great Brittain (lesser extent France, Germany in the past and Georgia till this day). These countries have done most of the harm the last decades and centuries.
          Last edited by Tigranakert; 06-13-2010, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
            You do not speak as an Armenian, but as an American or an Israeli. If Erdogan and Ahmedinejad are buddy-buddy these days, because they had several meetings, then Erdogan, Obama and Netanyahu are married with each other (and even more).

Don't spread lies, the military, political and economic ties of Turkey with Europe, America and Israel are one hundred billion trillion times more than between Turkey and Iran. For an Armenian (because Turkey is our eternal enemy), Europe, America and Israel are a greater threat, and not Iran.

Look at the facts Europe loving muslim-hating racist. Europe has never supported us when we needed them the last couple of decades and even centuries, they did not even remain neutral but were openly anti-Armenian. During the last war, Israel, USA and Eurpoe supported Azerbaijan as well as Russia (in the beginning). Iran sent enormous amounts of help during the war (in terms of food etc), even for free.

There are people who want to divide Armenia-Iran with the ''musim'' card, and when they succeed it will be the end of Armenia.

Iran is one of the biggest ''allies'', and in todays term an ally does not mean everything, it means we can cooperate with them in many fields and NEED them at this moment. Don't forget Azerbaijan claims ancient Iranian province of Azerbaijan, and Iran has to deal with this problem and thus also needs Armenia.

Furthermore, I know you guys ignore this, but as an Iranian-Armenian I can say we were treated with respect in Iran and were one of the richest minorities (even richer than Persians). Whereas in Europe they treat us like foreigners, I come across much more racism here in Europa than I came across in Iran.

We are no Western-Europeans, we are Armenians! We need our own foreign policy and again do not believe the ''muslim'' bullxxxx because it is the Western imperialistic nations who are to blame for all the chaos and terrorism in the first place.

Russia and Iran were, are and will remain our allies. We have to remain neutral towards all countries in the world and especially neighbouring countries (even if they are ''muslim'', bunch of racists).

Gunther are you Armenian? Because I have never heared such bullxxxx from an Armenian in my entire life, what a generalizing racist you are.

The only place where we remained true Armenians with all our rights was in muslim countries (Syria, Lebanon, Iran). It is in Europe were we all assimilate in two seconds. I praise muslim countries!

Axis of evel for Armenia : Turkey, Azerbaijan, Pakistan, Israel, Great Brittain (lesser extent France, Germany in the past and Georgia till this day). These countries have done most of the harm the last decades and centuries.
            France is in axis of evil? what the hell are you talking about? Let me remind you that while the only "muslim" country that has recognize the genocide is Lebanon and they to are half Muslim half Christian. While many European countries have recognized Armenian Genocide and even have laws against denial. Guess who is the biggest trading partner of Armenia? EU. With whom do we have most political contact now? EU.

Sure we should be friends with Iran especially in economic sphere, but saying that all of Muslim world is our friend is just foolish and ridiculous. I'll will keep reminding you how the organization of Islamic states aided Azerbaijan during the war. When Armenians were fighting with Azeris in Nakhijevan, Iran sent its army to the border as a warning to Armenians not to advance on Nakhijevan. I also will never fully trust a country that is 25% Azeri, and is a Islamic theocracy that may very well side with Armenia's enemies just because of religion.
            Last edited by Mos; 06-13-2010, 05:16 PM.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---
            "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Muhaha View Post
              One of the few instances where Kanada is spot on about something.
              Yeah.... try reading more and watching less Zionist propaganda

Originally posted by Muhaha View Post
              Once they get rid of Israel, they'll start work on Armenia.
              Once Israel is broken and the Palestinians are treated justly, Armenia will flourish.
              "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Gunther, verren var dzedz bidi oudess. 80% of Armenia's economy is tied to Iran. Educated Iranians know Armenia's history as well as the history in the region which is why many Iranians (Persians) believe in and support Armenia.

The Maronite Christians and the French called the shots in Lebanon because the French, British and the Americans divided up the land and the resources after the collapse of the Ottoman Empire. The French BETRAYED us and the English/British DECIEVED us. Hell, the Germans pretty much told the Ottoman Turks to kill off our intellectual class first, so take your Muslims are our enemies crap out of this forum and stick it into one with a bunch of gullible fools. Someone's religion doesn't dictate their knowledge about their roots or who/what their alliances are in the world.
                "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                  France is in axis of evil? what the hell are you talking about? Let me remind you that while the only "muslim" country that has recognize the genocide is Lebanon and they to are half Muslim half Christian. While many European countries have recognized Armenian Genocide and even have laws against denial. Guess who is the biggest trading partner of Armenia? EU. With whom do we have most political contact now? EU.

Sure we should be friends with Iran especially in economic sphere, but saying that all of Muslim world is our friend is just foolish and ridiculous. I'll will keep reminding you how the organization of Islamic states aided Azerbaijan during the war. When Armenians were fighting with Azeris in Nakhijevan, Iran sent its army to the border as a warning to Armenians not to advance on Nakhijevan. I also will never fully trust a country that is 25% Azeri, and is a Islamic theocracy that may very well side with Armenia's enemies just because of religion.

Stop trying to be so black
                  Thank you for showing that you know nothing about the history of Armenia. It was the France who have betrayed us NUMEROUS times, also in Cilicia. But ofcourse, you can not know this European-loving person.

And again thank you to show how ignorant you are by constantly mentioning the stupid recognition of the Armenian genocide in European countries. THIS DOES NOT MEAN ANY xxxx!. Genocide recognition this, genocide recognition that, as if that's the only thing they can do. It's all about their ACTIONS not their WORDS.

Europe is the biggest trading parnter for most of the countries in the world, it has no meaning, especially for a small country as Armenia. Ofcourse they buy some stones and diamonds from Armenia, it's not hard to be the ''biggest'' economic partner (which Russia is).

It's foolish to say Europe is good for us, that's what I want to counter. I have numerous times mentoined we need to have good relations with ALL the countries on the world, it was you who was talking bullxxxx about muslim countries and are wanting to create an image as if Europe has supported us the past decades, wake up, they did not.

Again, during the war only Iran and Russia supported Armenia. European countries (Great Brittain) and Israel supported Azerbaijan.

No country is to be trusted, none of the countries is better than the other, don't play the ''muslim'' card. The fact is, we have had much more support from Iran, Syria, India, Russia than we had from Great Brittain, Israel and other European countries during the past years.

I will keep reminding you that Israel has sent millions of dollars of armament to Azerbaijan during the war which killed far more Armenians than did the ''mujahedeen''.

They are not Azeri, most of them are Persians who speak Turkish and think they are Azeri, (get your facts straight) it is up to the Iranian government (who are ''Azeris'', and still support Armenia) to counter the Turkish propaganda, and they succeed. It is more likely for Iran to take over fake Azerbaijan than vice-versa (as you can see lately with the Sjiit mullahs taking over Republic of Azergayjan).

You are totally misinformed in every aspect. Discussing with you is useless, you dissapoint me I thought you had the basic knowledge of the region. You live in another world than us.
                  Last edited by Tigranakert; 06-13-2010, 05:23 PM.

Comment

I CAN NOT BELIEVE YOU ARE SAYING THIS. Thank you for showing your lack of knowledge, IT WAS THE MARONITES (CHRISTIANS) WHO WERE DISCRIMINATING THE ARMENIANS, NOT THE MUSLIMS. THE PALESTENIANS SUPPORTED THE ARMENIANS DURING THE WAR. It were the Maronites who were causing the problems for Armenians, I have a lot of friends from Lebanon and the problem was not the Palestinians. The level of this forum is not what is used to be...

Comment

You guys should do well working for www.today.az , they too have another view of the world history and politics.

Comment

Working...
                      X