Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What profit you expect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UrMistake
    replied
    Re: What profit you expect?

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
    I was told once that Islamic societies don't have the same concepts of personal honor / dishonor that Western societies have. A Muslim feels no moral need to apologise for whatever dishonorable crimes his father or grandfather did, or for what crimes other Muslims have done, or to make amends to the victims of those crimes. And if the victims of those crimes were not Muslim, then there was nothing particularly dishonorable there anyway.
    Hmm did not know that one i will try to find more about it,that will explain many differences we got with the Muslim societies,very interesting.

Leave a comment:

• bell-the-cat
    replied

Originally posted by hrai View Post

turcs don't know meaning of honor/dishonor, if you did you couldn't contemplate the sentence above.
    I was told once that Islamic societies don't have the same concepts of personal honor / dishonor that Western societies have. A Muslim feels no moral need to apologise for whatever dishonorable crimes his father or grandfather did, or for what crimes other Muslims have done, or to make amends to the victims of those crimes. And if the victims of those crimes were not Muslim, then there was nothing particularly dishonorable there anyway.

Leave a comment:

• bell-the-cat
    replied

Originally posted by Musty View Post
    here is an irrevelant story ;
    my father died when i was 7 years old.after i lost him i had to start work work work work and work while also going to school.Now im 25 y/o i have my own weaving company as a reward of my hardwork from childhood (while you guys playing games) but besides this i had to forget my english education.If you cant see any intelligence or interesting in my words,it is because i have no proper english so i cant express myself.i wish i had great english but i dont feel guilty for not having it.Life is not fair enough.

I have bad english but i see you can easily understand what im trying to say so what is the problem?I do not need your protection from being mauled.Waste your energy to be constructive about this issue not to ''rescue'' me from being mauled.
    and if you really think it is not worth to discuss anything with me you can be sure i can live without your comments or your existence
    You do not understand. I see no intelligent or interesting or original content within your posts. You confuse education with intelligence, and learned skills with wisdom. Wisdom and intelligence means having the ability to make knowledge and skills transferable. You may have the education and experience to recognise good bales of cotton fabric from bad ones, but because you do not use that education and experiece to help understand other subjects, you are here trying to sell us the history equivalent of rotten cotton. Maybe you really do not know that those bales are rotten.

Leave a comment:

• bell-the-cat
    replied

Originally posted by levon View Post
    All I got a say is that almost every Turk I've met has either been a delusional cu*nt, or one of those "hidden" tough guys who only acts "tough" when with 6 of his buddies, and only then it only lasts a few minutes. Though, that said, I've met some pretty decent people that happened to be Turkish.
    And, in the world of the internet, exactly the same is true of Armenians.
    Last edited by bell-the-cat; 09-19-2010, 11:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sip
    replied

A lot of the discussions here are getting way off topic. There is no dispute about the facts of the Genocide. The only ones who deny it are the Turks for obvious reasons

So again, it's not really about "profit" so much as Turkey's major interest in trying to totally deny facts as if somehow that will make things go away (as history has shown, things like this don't just go away).

Leave a comment:

• gegev
    replied

Originally posted by hrai View Post
    mustyoglu, read that sentence and read it 1.5 million times.

turcs don't know meaning of honor/dishonor, if you did you couldn't contemplate the sentence above.

Eddo, you're right though, a couple more posts from erdoganoglu and he'll be majoring (?) in English.
    Do you know any Turkish criminal who killed his neighbor took his land, home, property (P.S. out of about 200,000 cases) and then, all of sudden, returned it back w/o being forced or in compliance with a court sentence?

The kind of creatures are only complying with brute force. No other argument is convincing for them. Look at Artsakh case ... they couldn’t object much ... pitiful crying/whining is the only reaction.
    Last edited by gegev; 09-19-2010, 03:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• hrai
    replied

We dont flatter ourselves about killing Armenians but we also dont think its dishonorable.
    mustyoglu, read that sentence and read it 1.5 million times.

Eddo, you're right though, a couple more posts from erdoganoglu and he'll be majoring (?) in English.

Leave a comment:

• hrai
    replied

We dont flatter ourselves about killing Armenians but we also dont think its dishonorable.If you were the ruler of the country and a big minority in your country were about to revolt against you while you were already in trouble with all the world and had to fight against 25 different nations,you would also deported the minorities that are about to revolt for theri independance.If Ottoman wouldn deport Armenians,with the provokes of EU and help of the Russia,Armenians would be a huge threat against Turks so we would have lost the world war so bad.
    I believe you're looking for sympathy here ! Wrong forum, wrong world, please leave.

Leave a comment:

• hrai
    replied

Originally posted by gegev View Post
    Does anyone know the exact statistics?
    Gegev, statistics are pointless. The easy answer is that however many turc/tatar....that's too many.
    They should all be back on their steppes.

Leave a comment:

• gegev
    replied

Originally posted by gegev View Post

Some web-sites say there are 1.5M Turks/Tatars in Turkey. Out of 72M population 24M are Kurds 16M converted to Islam concealed Armenians and the rest - are half-breed Armenians, Greek, Assyrians, Persians etc.
    Does anyone know the exact statistics?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X