Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian and gay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nunechka
    gst then why are there so many people who hate homosexuals because they are homosexuals... i just cant connect why they are so hostile to them??? there is a phobia here, and we should just stop bashing on them and hating them...

its not like they like living in a society that doesnt accept them... its very difficult for them... men get married have children and then when they are like 40yrs old they just dont want to live the lie anymore, so they come out, and there are so many people who are totally hostile to them... and in a strange way, the ones who are not confident of their own sexuality are usually the ones who are "agaist" them...

my family is totally typical Armenian... my dad and my mom both think gay people are as natural as being heterosexual... my dad's explaination was that gays didnt come into existance in the 21th century, they have been around FOREVER, as long as people have existed and cultures have been formed... especially in Greek society... now there is no reason to say i dont agree or i do agree, its an acceptance thing and we just do that and we should move on... its not important that a woman or a man is gay, its important if they are good people... most gay people are responsible, hardworking, well to do, people who recycle, have cars, homes, and mostly they give to our society good things, like tasteful fashion, cleanliness, tv shows that are fun to watch, etc... i dont see how they threaten anyone in anyway... i am still going to marry a guy and have little armenian children, who will grow up and vacation in armenia in our home there...

You cannot hate a homosexual if you are one. I dont know how that is possible. Unless you are scared to death someone is going to kill you so you act as though you hate them.

People in this day have forgotten about caring for others. They are so concerned with themselves and their own pleasures they dont know what it means to care for someone. That is why I agree with Ck.

Everything that you stated homosexuals do for this socity...can go for all human beings. The Greeks were homosexual for many reasons. If I remember this correctly, one reason was that at the time it was believed a woman was apart of this world for fertilization. They were only empty vassels which men planted their seeds. The other reason was believed that the only true and pure love was between two man.

Now times change...and people think differently. Women back then wanted their husbands to have lover who were man not woman..so that they children could inherit everything. Again times change.

ehh I dont know!
    You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.

Comment

gohar i had forgotten about those reasons... LOL! they are sort of funny... that is absolutely true... so our society shapes how men and women act...

ooffff i know we are good people here, and i know that there is no one that would beat up a gay person for being gay... SOOOOOOOO! its late we should sleep...

Comment

Nunechka, homosexuals are frowned upon by societies that care about the welfare of children and families. And a homosexual couple do not fit that dream. You, and your lesbian friends, can have all the fun you want in your bedroom, but not on the streets. Notice what Thoreau said, IN THE BEDROOM, not on the phucking street.

Nunechka, homosexuals in Greece was not a genetic thing, it was a society thing. They believed women were inferior and that men could bond much more being lovers than friends. If this was true, Greece would have been full of Homosexuals.

"mostly they give to our society good things, like tasteful fashion, cleanliness, tv shows that are fun to watch, etc... "

Hetero men have fashion, hetero men are clean, and those TV shows are stupid because they do not educate. All my 13 year old sister does everyday is watch those stupid shows and re-arranges her room.

And I am tired of being called a Homophob, I am not afraid of them, I am anti-homosexual. Got that?

Comment

Originally posted by Hayq
          And I am tired of being called a Homophob, I am not afraid of them, I am anti-homosexual. Got that?
          Don't translate the word literally. It implies both fear and/or dislike.

Comment

flames apperently hayq doesnt understand what is a phobia...

HAYQ i SAID "our society shapes how men and women act... "

i dont have one single lesbian friend but i do have 2 gay friends... and they are just as normal and i dont see anythign wrong with them... they have the best advice about dating men, and i really appreciate their input and they listen to my problems, they understand what its like to date a man... its not easy...

Comment

I want a lesbian friend My hairdressers are gay but I don't treat them diferently...they ask me whats up with girls etc.... And some of them are soo funny

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug
                Something that is clearly been found to be due to a chemical imbalance in the hypothalmus of human beings can not be defined as a BEHAVIORAL disorder. Why can't you just live and let live? Why can't people seriously live their own lives and not make themselves feel like the better person by judging others? I can not believe that rather than furthering themselves and living their lives, people would choose to waste so much of what seems to be hatred for people who, for all you know, CAN'T help the way they are. I am not talking here about people who are bisexual and like to experiment with sex. I loathe these people just as I loathe sexually promiscuous heterosexuals. However, if a couple, gay or straight, choose to love eachother and be sexual with eachother as long as it's in PRIVATE, they can damn well do as they please. BEHAVIORAL DISORDER would be one that would give a man urges to sleep with an animal or a child or something dead, not show their love for another consenting adult human being.
                Believe it or not, I am very tolerant of people why are not like me, nor do I consider myself superior to anyone. Nevertheless, to reply to your statement, chemical imbalances are brought upon by psychological/behavioral problems - they are interconnected. Don't take my word for it, ask any psychologist or psychotherapist (one who is not gay of course).

However, the issue was: Is homosexuality genetic or not? The answer is no, it is not genetic. There has been an army of researchers for the past thirty years relentlessly trying to prove that homosexuality is genetic, yet they have utterly failed. Common sense and logic coupled with scientific objectivity reveals homosexuality to be a sexual disorder - nothing else.

What two consenting adults do behind closed doors is not my problem. I have a problem with homosexuals 'forcing' their lifestyles upon heterosexuals. As such, I would not want to see activist groups promoting adultery or pedophilia as a acceptable forms of social behavior - regardless of whether or not is occurs in society.
                Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nunechka

here take this "for fun" test and see it for yourself...
                  http://www.channel4.com/life/microsites/G/gayometer/
                  33%.......

Hmmmmmm....

Comment

WOW eek jan, you are suspect... lol dont worry i came out a bi in that test... trust me the only womans body i like is MY OWN! lol!

Comment

Wen it asked who do you have sex with? Did you check the box both?

Comment

Working...
                      X