Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Will you read the Quran in Armenian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Murtaza
    Keep in mind that if Armenians had chosen Islam as state religion, Armenia would have been a Turkic country, or worst yet - a part of Turkey.

LOL this is not real, remember Albanians and Bosnians? They choose and they are still living. Remember pomaks(bulgarian Muslims) They are still living.
    Remember Kurds?
    I like the message all religions convey. I myself would call myself a Christian, but I am not practicing. I do not go to Church and I do not pray and all the rituals that go with it. I like many aspects from Christianity and I dislike others. With Islam I dislike it's views toward women. I'm not a feminist but I realize that you can't treat women like they were in the days of Cro Magnon Man. The other day I saw a documentary on Sudan I think, or was it some other Muslim country. In any event, it was showing how some British executives set up a factory there. It started to employ women, and one woman whos husband had died, had three kids to feed. Thus she found work at this company and was making good money, she was happy. These idiotic Muslim men were pissed. How dare a woman work to support her family!! So they burned down the god damned factory and alot of people went unemployed. As much as religion offers messages of spiritual transcendence ( and I am the first to admit this) it also has alot of phucked up bullshyt that makes people act like a bunch of idiots.
    Last edited by Anonymouse; 08-02-2005, 11:02 PM.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Anonymouse, Cat Stevens isn't going to appreciate that.

Comment

even cat stevens has the right to become an idiot and remain like one....

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
          I like the message all religions convey. I myself would call myself a Christian, but I am not practicing. I do not go to Church and I do not pray and all the rituals that go with it. I like many aspects from Christianity and I dislike others. With Islam I dislike it's views toward women. I'm not a feminist but I realize that you can't treat women like they were in the days of Cro Magnon Man. The other day I saw a documentary on Sudan I think, or was it some other Muslim country. In any event, it was showing how some British executives set up a factory there. It started to employ women, and one woman whos husband had died, had three kids to feed. Thus she found work at this company and was making good money, she was happy. These idiotic Muslim men were pissed. How dare a woman work to support her family!! So they burned down the god damned factory and alot of people went unemployed. As much as religion offers messages of spiritual transcendence ( and I am the first to admit this) it also has alot of phucked up bullshyt that makes people act like a bunch of idiots.

this has no relation with islam, but with stupidness and with culture. Religion was mostly used by others. crusaders or El kaide(their aim is political) can be examples of this.Every minor difference used by people. Race, religion, sect, clour of skin, langauge.

Comment

Originally posted by Murtaza
            this has no relation with islam, but with stupidness and with culture. Religion was mostly used by others. crusaders or El kaide(their aim is political) can be examples of this.Every minor difference used by people. Race, religion, sect, clour of skin, langauge.
            Why doesn't it? Islam views women as below men. It has every relation with Islam. You look at any Islamic country and women are treated with the shyt end of the stick as opposed to Western societies. Let's face it, facts are facts. Does this mean all Islam prescribes this? Certainly not. Many Muslims however subscribe to this view.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

Anonymouse, Islam is mostly vague, commenting islam is much important.(You can comment it like al kaide or like others) But A woman can work If she want, Islam dont interest it. Islamic system dont make people perfect, people make islamic system fine.

Comment

are you different than Asala, serb or whatever? So why should I care it,so I dont.
                have a fine day.

Comment

LOL this is not real, remember Albanians and Bosnians? They choose and they are still living. Remember pomaks(bulgarian Muslims) They are still living.
                  Remember Kurds?
                  Albanians and Bosnians do not count because there are other countries between them and Turkey. Kurds, a people who are geographically close to Armenians, live all separated in Turkey, Iraq, Iran... If a Kurd from Turkey spoke Turkish instead of Kurdish, I don't think you would be able to differenciate him from any other Turk. Quite frankly, I don't think there are a lot of them that speak their mother language in Turkey. They are pretty much assimilated.

Just look at those Islamicized Greeks, Armenians, and others whose descendents still live in Turkey.

Comment

wrong most probably, It would be Turkish and kurdish people asimilated.(before TC)

Remember laz? they are still not asimilated. After WW1 Turkey is just 7 million(and all of them is not Turk), and you claim there were 2 million Armenians, most probably they would rule Turkey.

Comment

Historical hypotheticals aside, who cares? If whatever Armenian ruler 1700 years decided that all Armenians were to be Christian had instead decided they were to be Islamic, and subsequently they had good relations with the Ottoman Empire, would this have ended the world? Even if they chose to adopt the Turkish language, so what? That's their choice, and guess what? You would all be Turks right now, proclaiming the greatness of that nation and belittling their enemies. It's not like God created Armenians and Turks and made them enemies. At some point, your ancestors were something else and became assimilated.

Comment

Working...
                      X